Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Speaking of Heard, what about her status as Mera in the Aquaman sequel? I thought I heard talk that the studio considered writing her out of the movie because of the trial, or, was that all bs?
    I remember hearing the studio was considering it, but I think she has some advocates on her side in her co-stars - Jason Momoa chief among them.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Speaking of Heard, what about her status as Mera in the Aquaman sequel? I thought I heard talk that the studio considered writing her out of the movie because of the trial, or, was that all bs?
    The reports (and you know how reliable they are) that I saw claimed that the powers-that-be intended to reduce her role in the sequel anyway, because they felt that she didn't project the right "chemistry" in the first movie. Now they may choose to reduce her role still further, as a result of all the bad PR.

From my understanding, the objections to Heard were due to issues she had with Jason Momoa, and a perception of a lack of chemistry. This is part of why her role is shorter in the sequel, even if they made up.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member

I can't wait for the Netflix movie about it. Actually, I can, and will give it a miss if and when it appears, but still, you know it's going to happen.

The word from the Tulsa shooting is the shooter was going after a doctor that preformed back surgery on him and blamed the doctor for the pain. He purchased the gun he used the same day as the shooting. That is what CBS News is saying.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The word from the Tulsa shooting is the shooter was going after a doctor that preformed back surgery on him and blamed the doctor for the pain. He purchased the gun he used the same day as the shooting. That is what CBS News is saying.
    I have back issues and have gone for physical therapy, etc. They taught me some exercises to help. I will not have back surgery because they're not always successful..

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I have back issues and have gone for physical therapy, etc. They taught me some exercises to help. I will not have back surgery because they're not always successful..
    Opening up someone’s back and messing around with the spinal column is tricky business. One screwup by a surgeon and pain would be the LEAST of a patient’s problems.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Most people would either see another doctor, or get lawyerr and file a lawsuit. Not shoot up a hospital.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    It will matter to at least get clarity and accountability to the people there. With such a huge amount of the budgets going to these officers and the public expecting that the training and arms they are buying will get them a certain result in this situations.

Breaking that illusion with an accurate account of why these officers did not or could not act sooner to possibly save more lives will be invaluable.

Then it is up to people to vote accordingly. If they have been mislead on what the local and state governments have been using their money for.

‘It’s going to be an army’: Tapes reveal GOP plan to contest elections
    I must admit that Politico story kept me up for awhile last night.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Opening up someone’s back and messing around with the spinal column is tricky business. One screwup by a surgeon and pain would be the LEAST of a patient’s problems.
    Years ago, a work colleague (Dave) was in hospital awaiting an operation on his spine (to deal with a slipped disc I think).

On the morning of the op the surgeon came to his bedside to talk over a few details. The conversation went something like:-

Surgeon: You look a bit better than yesterday. How are you feeling?

Dave: Not too bad, much better than yesterday…

Surgeon: Then I’m not operating. It’s too risky, if you are not in severe pain.

And basically, minutes later he was discharged, no operation that day! (He did go under the knife a couple of years later.)
    Last edited by JackDaw; 06-02-2022 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Most people would either see another doctor, or get lawyerr and file a lawsuit. Not shoot up a hospital.
    Agreed. And that is the GOP will beat the mental health drum and do nothing on drums. But after talking about how bad of an issue mental health is they will do nothing to help.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Agreed. And that is the GOP will beat the mental health drum and do nothing on drums. But after talking about how bad of an issue mental health is they will do nothing to help.
    That was certainly the case in Texas where Governor Abbott cut little over $200 million from the budget for mental health, then he had the gall to whine about the evils of mental instability after the Uvalde shooting.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Positive about this is that there can be conversations on male abuse victims (both cis and trans). Minus is that a lot of "progressives" are showing their asses about this claiming it's a set back for women's rights somehow. (I thought being a feminist meant that you stand up for issues that harm even men, ie -male abuse victims, men can be nurses, etc. not you only believe one gender and only stand up for that gender, according to them, it's pick a team and root for it.) Negative is that the GOP and MRA types are going to use this, but regardless of the outcome they would use it anyway.

On a side note he's only getting 3 million as Virginia caps awards, so the 15 million is only in name only apparently and not what he's actually given.

It is a setback for women, because incels all over the internet are now claiming this as a major victory against MeToo and all of those imaginary scorned exes who make up stories of abuse just because. I want to vomit.

Lying about abuse, especially sexual is extremely rare, on the contrary most victims don't ever report it. We can all expect that they will be even more reluctant now. Thanks a lot!
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    He is 59 years old this month.

If he cannot find any jobs within his acting career anymore, then he ought to find a new job like entering politics. Maybe he can run for governorship of California like Arnold Schwarzenegger and Ronald Reagan unless he has a criminal record.
    Robert Downey Jr, who has had his career ups and downs prior to his Marvel gig, has offered to have Depp cast in his next Sherlock Holmes film with Jude Law.