Sometimes the Democrats remind me of the scene in Remains of the Day when the Earl is negotiating with the Nazis, while they look over all the art they will loot.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    That is the biggest issue I have had with the Dems and one I have posted many times. The Dems let the GOP spin every narrative. Let them have the talking points. Play nice and rarely call them out.

If I had a nickel for every time Biden said "Well we are going to get with the GOP and see what they have to say and work with them." I would be a millionaire. He ran on being the great uniter and never evolved out of that sound bite when it became clear that the other side had no intention of working with him any way shape or form.

It hurt him and it hurt his party, The Democrats are so busy taking the high Road the GOP is destroying the supports from that road.

The Gop has a clear message and a clear path on where they want to go. And it is a very bad path but they have pretty much everyone in their cult on board. This is how its going to be. Get with the program. And they have.

The Democrats dont have that unity.
    It's kinda like a civil war in a sense, the progressives want to make the party better while the moderates and centrists want to push them out of the party

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, other than Beto who’ll have his hands full unseating Greg Abbott down in Texas, I can’t think of any young Dem firebrands off the top of my head. AOC might’ve filled that prescription once, but I haven’t heard much from her lately, perhaps her once rising star has dimmed. Here in Pennsylvania, Conor Lamb showed promise, but then, he was routed for the state Senate nomination by Lieutenant Governor John Fetterman, he of the reported stroke that hospitalized him a week before the election and haven’t heard from since he won the nod. Hopefully other up and comers will throw their hats in the ring, and soon.
    AOC is still too young to run for President and is just barely old enough to run for the Senate, which she won't do as long as Schumer and Gillibrand remain in office. So she focuses on her home district these days, but has made a few statements on gun control. And as for Fetterman, I keep getting e-mails from him and I don't even live in Pennsylvania, so I don't see how someone in Philly hasn't heard from him.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    AOC is still too young to run for President and is just barely old enough to run for the Senate, which she won't do as long as Schumer and Gillibrand remain in office. So she focuses on her home district these days, but has made a few statements on gun control. And as for Fetterman, I keep getting e-mails from him and I don't even live in Pennsylvania, so I don't see how someone in Philly hasn't heard from him.
    She'll be 35 by the next presidential election so she'll be barely eligible but she'll be eligible.

Given her willingness to challenge an incumbent member of House leadership in a primary (this is how she got to Congress) there's no reason to assume she wouldn't challenge Gillibrand.
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 06-03-2022 at 10:22 AM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    That is the biggest issue I have had with the Dems and one I have posted many times. The Dems let the GOP spin every narrative. Let them have the talking points. Play nice and rarely call them out.

If I had a nickel for every time Biden said "Well we are going to get with the GOP and see what they have to say and work with them." I would be a millionaire. He ran on being the great uniter and never evolved out of that sound bite when it became clear that the other side had no intention of working with him any way shape or form.

It hurt him and it hurt his party, The Democrats are so busy taking the high Road the GOP is destroying the supports from that road.

The Gop has a clear message and a clear path on where they want to go. And it is a very bad path but they have pretty much everyone in their cult on board. This is how its going to be. Get with the program. And they have.

The Democrats dont have that unity.
    I get what you’re saying but let’s not forget that Manchin and Sinema are responsible for spoiling most of the initiatives the Biden administration has tried to implement. If not for them we might not be discussing Bidens approval ratings.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    She'll be 35 by the next presidential election so she'll be barely eligible but she'll be eligible.

Given her willingness to challenge an incumbent member of House leadership in a primary (this is how she got to Congress) there's no reason to assume she wouldn't challenge Gillibrand.
    Crowley needed to be challenged. And she won by getting out the vote in a traditionally low turnout primary, in which Crowley did not show up. I don't think Gillibrand is seen as not liberal enough. Also, winning in her district and in all of NY State are vastly different. I highly doubt she would run against Gillibrand.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I get what you’re saying but let’s not forget that Manchin and Sinema are responsible for spoiling most of the initiatives the Biden administration has tried to implement. If not for them we might not be discussing Bidens approval ratings.
    You are very right.

They did damage of course. That is what I mean with the no Democrat Unity. Cant even get the party on the same page.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I love AOC but I don’t think she could win on a national level. This country is far too racists and sexist to vote for a left wing Latina.

One of the better sound bites from the GOP came thanks to Manchin and Sinema. And it let the GOP control the narrative again. When Mitch told reporters.

"Well once we saw that Manchin and Sinema were not backing the bill we had to step back and see why their own party thought it was a bad idea. It really made us rethink our stance." He really came off as if the GOP were lock stock and barrel into voting to pass Biden's bills but Manchin and Sinema saying no gave them pause and flipped them.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    It's kinda like a civil war in a sense, the progressives want to make the party better while the moderates and centrists want to push them out of the party
    I don't see this at all. Seems like Progressives are the ones who are leaving the Democratic Party while moderates are telling them that the only way to win against Republicans is to unite.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    I don't see this at all. Seems like Progressives are the ones who are leaving the Democratic Party while moderates are telling them that the only way to win against Republicans is to unite.
    Which group best represents the party's ideals?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Which group best represents the party's ideals?
    There's a reason for that. The GOP are just carbon copies of each other, you meet one, you've met them all. The dems have somewhat different goals and personalities from each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    You are very right.
    Who are both literally members of the party...

If Democrats went after either of them with half of the venom that they were slinging at Sanders?

Then, maybe, there would be something worth discussing.

Out in the real world?

Everyone and their pet turtle saw Democrats not even lift so much as a finger to deal with either one of them.

The two of them stop being "Responsible..." right around the time that the party allowed them to decide that the rest of the party would be having Flamin' Hot Cheetos for dinner.

Right around then?

It is absolutely the responsibility of a party that watched them do it, and just shrugged it's collective shoulders...

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I wish the Dems had someone younger and more aggressive to take on Trump and his ilk. But I don't see anyone on the horizon. We have a local guy here in Indiana named Thomas McDermott who is trying to win the Senate seat but it's an uphill battle here. It's hard to believe that Indiana had a Democratic Governor and senators when I was younger.
    In last election cycle, Democrats had about 20 candidates at this point if I remember correctly. Surely Biden is not going to run again? I am sure they are talking about it behind close doors, but isn't it about the time to make some announcements or is it too early? Are there any suitable candidates? Stacey Abrams comes to mind, but she is probably going to focus on Georgia now.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred