Never mind the seriously "Commie..." idea that government absolutely should have a limited ability to produce obvious things like...

- Baby Formula
    - Baby Food
    - Insulin
    - You Get It

On the off chance that something like this could happen.

Look, I know a lot of people on this board think Bill Maher is an ass (or worse), but tell me he's wrong here. I mean, are there any liberals who will say that they're proud to be liberals? Liberals make a big mistake by allowing the conservatives to continue to set the narrative. "What? A liberal? Where? Oh no, I'm not a liberal! I'm a progressive! Unless that's a bad word too. Then I'm not a progressive either. We'll make up another word until you bully us out of that, too." We do it with CRT. "CRT? That's not being taught anywhere!" What we should be saying is "CRT? You're damn right we're teaching kids about that. Because it's the truth!"
    Watching television is not an activity.

Double never mind that formula is a pretty particular instance where allergic reaction to the existing options is not unheard of.

Again, to be pretty "Commie..."

Having a "Doomsday..." option for government being able to provide just that formula if and when things go sideways?

That's kinda the entire point of having government at the "Federal..." level. To be in a position to address issues at that level should the need arise.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post

Look, I know a lot of people on this board think Bill Maher is an ass (or worse), but tell me he's wrong here. I mean, are there any liberals who will say that they're proud to be liberals? Liberals make a big mistake by allowing the conservatives to continue to set the narrative. "What? A liberal? Where? Oh no, I'm not a liberal! I'm a progressive! Unless that's a bad word too. Then I'm not a progressive either. We'll make up another word until you bully us out of that, too." We do it with CRT. "CRT? That's not being taught anywhere!" What we should be saying is "CRT? You're damn right we're teaching kids about that. Because it's the truth!"
    I'm throwing "Commie..." around like I have no issue with doing so...

You can't be afraid to say something as a candidate because you think your opponent will attack you. Of course they'll attack you! You're running against them! Let them attack and then fight back!
    Watching television is not an activity.

I mean...

That is the bulk of what I like about Warren.

If actually getting serious about just things like the fact that there are absolutely a lot of instances where government should be addressing "Anti-Trust..." issues is "Commie..."/"Progressive..."?

Then...

Yes. It is probably way past time that we hit the gas on committing to this whole "Commie..."/"Progressive..." business.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Um? It's the formula company that is responsible to fix their egregious violations.

Abbott baby formula plant had ‘egregiously unsanitary’ conditions, FDA chief says in scathing testimony to Congress

Or did you think the government runs the plant. Or should they just let babies have tainted formula?? You really are too much 30.

As to who is responsible, besides the company,.
    https://www.newsweek.com/baby-formul...-usmca-1708188

But you could never blame Trump for anything, not when there is a chance to hit Biden.
    I'll fault the government for allowing one company to control so much of the market that screw ups at one place can cause so much trouble. But that goes back multiple administrations, not a mere 2 years.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 06-04-2022 at 03:08 AM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I'll fault the government for allowing one company to control souxh of the market that screw ups at one place can cause so much trouble. But that goes back multiple administrations, not a mere 2 years.
    Trump's all new, all different NAFTA made something like this much more likely to happen.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    This is looking to be a tough election for PA, especially the senate race.
    No arguing that, but, like I said, I worry more about the governor's race, and how the western portion of the state, a.k.a. "Pennsyltucky" will flock to Mastriano. As for the senate race, John Fetterman has been on the sidelines, recovering from a stroke that had only been reported a week before last month's election. That concerns me more than a little, especially if he's unable to campaign due to health issues.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post

This ( democrats walking away from identifying as "liberal" ) has been an issue though for decades. As have been the tropes in political ads he's satirizing. He could have done this bit in '94 and most of it would have still worked.

Having said that, Bill is part of the problem he claims to be pointing out. He never misses a chance to claim that Dems are obsessed with "identity politics" or "wokeness" and that these are things liberals should be embarrassed of.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

I know you probably don't cover Secretary of State election candidates WBE, but oh boy, we got a special one here. Meet Rayla Campbell.

Rayla Campbell, Massachusetts GOP nominee for Secretary of State, tells Mass Republican convention that teachers in the commonwealth are "telling your 5-year-old that he can go and suck another 5-year-old’s dick"

https://t.co/aEs2ZFn6Ap

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    I know you probably don't cover Secretary of State election candidates WBE, but oh boy, we got a special one here. Meet Rayla Campbell.
    I was just about to post this earlier tonight but got distracted. WBE's gonna run out of alcohol drinking gifs at this rate.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    This ( democrats walking away from identifying as "liberal" ) has been an issue though for decades. As have been the tropes in political ads he's satirizing. He could have done this bit in '94 and most of it would have still worked.

Having said that, Bill is part of the problem he claims to be pointing out. He never misses a chance to claim that Dems are obsessed with "identity politics" or "wokeness" and that these are things liberals should be embarrassed of.
    Bill Maher's issue is that, despite all the claims over the years that he himself is a liberal, he comes off more like a libertarian with his hostility to medical science and government programs, so if he truly IS a liberal, he's a self-loathing one.

And Democrats constantly shying away from negative connotations isn't something that's new; again, it all boils down to how Democrats want moderate voters (which, based on how I now see it, don't actually exist, because if you are "undecided", you are more likely just seeking validation as opposed to persuasive arguments) and their reluctance to apply labels to themselves. I've read books like "Talking Right" that explored this phenomenon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Why are the GOP so obsessed with children and sex?

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Why are the GOP so obsessed with children and sex?
    Every accusation is a confession.