Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Against a heavily armed and single-minded man, doors look paltry. But I don’t know why these people are doing such things and I don’t know what could prevent them to do these things. It looks like they don’t think twice: they can’t believe they will get away with it…

Some things encourage them: an easy target, a culture of violence and a lot of wepons easy to access…
    For some, perhaps most of these lunatics, it’s all about exhausting some reservoir of rage built up for reasons only they understand, followed by blowing their brains out after the rage dissipates. These madmen KNOW they won’t get away with what their actions, but don’t give a damn because they have no intention of trying, for them, suicide is the endgame, leaving everyone to ask the million dollar question….WHY?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Instead of the Media (Liberal) hearing this door foolishness and saying, this is just stupid and obviously a way for the GOP to not discuss assault weapons, they take the GOP narrative and run with it. As if it really was a serious topic and not another deflection by the GOP and their Gun Lobby Masters.
    But that is our Media, they so want to cover "both sides" that it is often only the other side that gets their attention.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Instead of the Media (Liberal) hearing this door foolishness and saying, this is just stupid and obviously a way for the GOP to not discuss assault weapons, they take the GOP narrative and run with it. As if it really was a serious topic and not another deflection by the GOP and their Gun Lobby Masters.
    But that is our Media, they so want to cover "both sides" that it is often only the other side that gets their attention.
    Yeah, this is absolutely ridiculous. They go on about how laws won't stop determined people from getting guns and then act as if one locked door in a building full of windows would stop a determined armed person. That's almost as bad about complaining about the cost of something they disagree with after giving away billions in tax breaks.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Our media is so pathetic.

Oh, it's pretty clear what that reason is. And our media is too pathetic to call this piece of trash out for the racist he is.

Once again, it must be asked. What liberal media?
    That is exactly what I'm thinking as I read it earlier. I get they have to legally be extra cautious with that. But, he's clearly being racist you can say that. "Great Replacement" theory is more than just baseless, stop lending it any credibility at all its a flat out racist tool used to stoke anger against and violence to minorities.

In a new
    @CBSNewsPoll
    , 72% of the nation believes mass shootings are preventable, however, there is a partisan split with 44% of Republicans saying mass shootings are something we have to accept.
    44% of Republicans believe the rest of us are nothing more than blood sacrifices for the Gun Gods.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    44% of Republicans believe the rest of us are nothing more than blood sacrifices for the Gun Gods.
    44 percent of Qpublican tools believe wholesale death and destruction is just some to shrug over and say, “Oh, well, them’s the breaks”. I wonder if those loons would change their minds if they were directly touched by some of that violence or, if like Rep. Steve Scalise, they’re willing to literally take a bullet to protect the NRA?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I've read numerous comments from people on Twitter who are adamant that if the door at that school in Ulvade had been closed and locked, the shooter wouldn't have gotten in. As if a madman with an assault rifle intent on getting in that building would've been stopped by a door which he could've blasted to pieces, or shattered a window for entry instead. Such arguments are ultimately foolish, even insulting to anyone with a fully functioning brain.
    It's straight up video game logic in place of actual real world logic. You can't go through the door in a game if you don't have a key or some special item no matter what kind of magical item or super weapon you have at your disposal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I'm willing to bet the actual number is much higher. 44% are the only ones brazen enough to admit it.

The writer of the article about Blake Masters being a racist wasn't so coy on twitter. (Strong language.)

https://twitter.com/SollenbergerRC/s...16745617768450

Apologies to the followers I'm exposing to my little side arguments with racists this morning. But Blake Masters said some racist ****, and it's incredible to watch racists put words in his mouth. Here's why it's racist.

First, Blake Masters wasn't making some nuanced point about disproportionate crime blah blah blah. He flat-out said the gun violence problem in the country is gang shootings. "Black people, frankly." That's it. No stats. No other gun violence problems. Just gangs n Blacks. 2/

And guess what? Less than two minutes before making those comments, Blake made the opposite point: People don't want to hear about race, he said. It's divisive & "really messed up" when Democrats bring race up, he said. Context? Justice KBJ's confirmation. Of course. 3/

He also said Democrats "don't want to do anything about" Black shootings. A lie so painfully obvious it's almost admirable. Democrats DO want to stop it. They talk about it constantly, if for no other reason than Republicans always bring it up. Can't say the same for someone else

Black on Black shootings are real—a tragic outgrowth of the terrifically sad legacy of this country's racist roots, its economies, prejudices, inequities, all that. What are Blake's ideas to stop the tragedies? He offers none. Weird. It's as if he doesn't actually give a ****.

Like the anonymous psychos in my replies, Blake Masters doesn't frame Black shootings as a genuine tragedy he wants to fix. If anything, he seems to see these shootings only as a *positive thing*—a rhetorical point for Blake Masters. "Lol libz buh Black people shoot each other"

In fact—and this is unsettling—Masters doesn't seem to see this violence as a "problem" at all. Generally you want to fix problems you care about. He expresses no empathy, offers no plans. Just blames Black people and, incredibly, Democrats for not wanting to do anything

Bottom line, if you're excited and happy to point out that someone is *murdering* someone else, and you call it "bad" but don't actually give a **** about it, you should get your head checked. These are human beings. Fucking do something you cowards.

I love how the "These people will do it no matter what nothing can stop them." Is riding the "A lack of doors will give them 2nd thoughts for sure." "And a locked door? He is done." train so hard.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    For some, perhaps most of these lunatics, it’s all about exhausting some reservoir of rage built up for reasons only they understand, followed by blowing their brains out after the rage dissipates. These madmen KNOW they won’t get away with what their actions, but don’t give a damn because they have no intention of trying, for them, suicide is the endgame, leaving everyone to ask the million dollar question….WHY?
    They no longer want to live. But they're so angry that they want to take as many other people as they can down with them.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Against a heavily armed and single-minded man, doors look paltry. But I don’t know why these people are doing such things and I don’t know what could prevent them to do these things. It looks like they don’t think twice: they can’t believe they will get away with it…

Some things encourage them: an easy target, a culture of violence and a lot of wepons easy to access…
    Most of them are suicide bombers, essentially. They don't expect to get out alive and much of the time kill themselves.

Though it is hard to get through a locked door without the right tools. You can't just shoot your way through them, doesn't work like in the movies. Going through a window you broke can also be problematic, due to the broken glass shards.

My old high school used to be an open campus but for many years now it has been completely surrounded by tall wrought iron fencing. Once school is in session, the campus is closed off to outsiders and it would be pretty tough to get in and get to the kids.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 06-06-2022 at 10:36 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    The Biden Administration is absolutely responsible for a rather basic function of Federal government getting to a "Yikes, this is a clear and obvious emergency situation..." state, yes.

Put any Republican administration in it's place, and ask yourself who you would blame.

As for the economy?

No. His administration is not responsible for a "Nuts..."/"Bolts..." return to something more like normal.

Gas going from the artificially low going price during 2020 to a price more like normal?

Again, that is what will happen when you shift from an unnatural situation to a more normal one.
    Since the problem you’re describing originated years ago and is legal according to existing laws and Regs, I have to think most of us would blame Capitalism itself.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    I think the discussion of the employment rate has come up once or twice before, so for those reflexively defending Biden (and I get it, things look grim for the Party right now so it probably seems like a lifeline to find something positive to say) I'm curious: do you really believe that employment wouldn't have gone up largely as it has after the worst of the pandemic just given the economic reality of the shutdown and the need for businesses to ramp back up, and that Biden had specific policies that are largely responsible for the rate of employment over the past year or so? And if so, which ones?

Under a Trump or a Warren or another centrist like Biden do you think employment would be at or near pandemic levels right now? Would businesses continue to be shut down as they were in 2020? On another topic, do you think the stock market gains and pre-pandemic rising economy under Trump meant his policies were the right ones to enact, and what Trump policies would you like to see Biden adopt in order to further economic growth? Tax cuts? Deregulation? What did Trump do to keep gas prices down, that Biden again could adopt, given a feeling that an Administration's policies are closely tied to economic conditions?

Or are you aware that this isn't the case, under Trump or Biden, and trying to claim a victory where it's at best partially warranted is dishonest and attacking someone because they're not 100% "rah rah" on anything Team Blue is also dishonest?
    There were no widespread vaccination plans in place when Biden took office. The plan his administration put forward allowed schools and bisnesses to reopen and hundreds of thousands of people to return to the workforce.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Again, the argument is that Democrats didn't just "Shrug shoulders/Throw towel in". That didn't happen.

The other argument isn't over confirmation that Abbot is responsible for the deaths. Several babies became ill and two died after eating Abbot's product prompting a recall. The company was already being investigated for violations and was shut down. The deaths and illnesses point to the importance of regulations and what can happen if they're not followed. Not sure why you don't understand that.
    When it comes to Build Back Better, Democrats made a perfunctory effort.

But they certainly could have tried more.

As for the Abbot recall, it would certainly matter why the children died.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    What is the health report on the NRA today anyways?

I remember reading they were bleeding money a year ago, have they recovered?
    They're still losing money with a decline in membership and questions about whether leadership was fiscally responsible.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nra-nat...-revenue-2022/

This does highlight how the NRA isn't powerful because of the money it spends but because of the message it sends to voters who care about gun rights. If the NRA was shut down tomorrow, some other group would take its place.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    You mean instantly renegotiate the bad trade deal Trump made? I guess they could have node that in a couple of weeks. Right trade policy can easily be turned on a dime.

https://fortune.com/2022/05/17/us-in...tariffs-usmca/
    They ran against Trump since they didn't like him or his policies, so his bad policies should have been reversed as soon as possible.

I do think more could have done during the two months between when CNN reported on the problem (and it is the job of the government to be aware of these problems prior a CNN report) and when Biden was briefed on it.

But it's worth noting that the tariffs were not the main reason it took so long to alleviate the shortage with foreign supply.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    There were no widespread vaccination plans in place when Biden took office. The plan his administration put forward allowed schools and bisnesses to reopen and hundreds of thousands of people to return to the workforce.
    Which plans do you think deserve the bulk of the credit for job growth?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets