Has anyone here heard of a terrorist attack in Germany? I'm hearing there was an attack with multiple victims and at least one death from, of all places, Instagram.

EDIT: Might be this-

Berlin car crash: 14 children were injured and their teacher killed, German police say
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 06-08-2022 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Has anyone here heard of a terrorist attack in Germany? I'm hearing there was an attack with multiple victims and at least one death from, of all places, Instagram.

Berlin car crash: 14 children were injured and their teacher killed, German police say
    there was a little blurb on my morning news about a car into a crowd. I wanted to hear more but they never gave any info. And when I turned on CNN a couple times they werent talking about it. But I am thinking this must be what they mean.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

In regards to the San Francisco County DA recall. A reminder that San Francisco County is only 5% Black, so they want a 'progressive' DA, but not THAT KIND OF PROGRESSIVE. if you know what I'm saying.

https://t.co/wl8iiAB5nF
    Last edited by Madam-Shogun-Assassin; 06-09-2022 at 07:44 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Those bridges will not build themselves, thwhat. People are literally getting hired to work on the projects from the Infrastructure Bill. Real people, with social security numbers, noses and pulses.
    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    How many of the new jobs posted are specifically from that though? How many of those are long term? The onus of breaking that down is on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    It really is not.
    It only is if you're backing the claim that those "shovel-ready" jobs (that were rightfully mocked during the Obama Administration) make up a significant portion of the millions of jobs added since the pandemic ramped down. It's a good thing, it's nice, but if we're claiming it's monumental or extraordinarily significant then that requires more than a vague comment. Do you have numbers on long-term construction jobs created that wouldn't have been under another Administration? And what percentage of those going back to work they make up?

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    If the 'great resignation' is still going on and the expanded unemployment benefits ended nearly a year ago, wouldn't that mean that the last five or so jobs report mean the Biden admin did add those jobs and not 'just people returning to work'?
    The questions there would be, do you believe the millions who lost jobs or were furloughed are largely still unemployed and the number of people who have gone back to work since the pandemic ramped down come solely or largely from the ranks of those previously unemployed before the pandemic? If that's the case, then yes Biden would be responsible for those jobs. If not, and the numbers (and basic logic) suggests it is not, then it's largely the economy resetting itself because that's what business does. They look for opportunity, and without being restrained are going to try to make money. That requires having employees.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I’m not claiming anything about “Bear Bryant”. Those are 30’s words, not mine.

All I’m saying is Biden is President. Biden’s administration enacted economic and vaccination policies. The economy has been getting better.
    It’s impossible to honestly say whether the economy would’ve faired any better under another President so anything regarding that is purely speculation.

Please give me which specific Biden policies beyond any doubt either had no effect or worsened the economy.
    I was just rolling with the Bear Bryant thing as you both used it, but substitute "Job Creation King" or "Employment Emperor" or whatever term you like and it still fits the "this is something Biden did" claim. I'm also not claiming Biden isn't enacting helpful policies, I'm just disputing he's solely or even largely responsible for the economy doing what the economy does after a unique (one hopes) event in recent history. I never said his policies were harmful to the economy.

I'm sure in hindsight experts will judge that many policies he enacted will have had no effect on the economy, just as all Presidents (well-meaning or no) have, but I'll wait on that analysis. And sure, standing up to Russia and keeping certain unpopular pipelines from going forward probably had a small impact on energy prices (though not nearly to the extent Republicans would like to believe) but I'd also say those were as necessary and admirable as his withdrawal from Afghanistan which was long overdue.

And he did the basic job of a President in getting out of the way and facilitating business in ramping back up. He wasn't an impediment. I again don't need a crystal ball to know if another President would have done the same, basic logic dictates that they would have because the economy is key to everything (including reelection). Trump or another Republican again would likely have been even more pro-bounceback, and perhaps even had a greater short-term impact, but likely would have cost lives and prolonged the worst of the pandemic.

Saying "well it happened when he was there, so clearly he did it" (correlation equals causation) isn't a great argument. Again, apply that to inflation or gas prices or monkey pox or anything else negative that happens during his Administration. I don't put blame or credit largely on an Administration when it comes to topics largely outside of their control. I instead judge them on what they do to help. And Biden gets high marks in that regard.

I (and others, mostly pro-Biden or who at least voted for him and likely will again) am just saying that we don't need to go overboard and pretend like he deserves the lion's share of the credit for what is instead a basic economic reality of business getting back to, well, business. No more than Trump should get credit for the strong economy before the pandemic hit. Maybe you believe he should get all that credit, but then you should extend the same credit to Trump or come to terms with having very different standards for credit based on the letter before a politician's name.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    That bold part is 100% what anyone saying that the jobs number isn't a huge moment of celebration.

To be clear, I approve of Biden and think he's doing the best he can do under the cirumstances, I just don't think this is some crowning achievement.
    Yes, clearer and quicker than what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post

I was just rolling with the Bear Bryant thing as you both used it, but substitute "Job Creation King" or "Employment Emperor" or whatever term you like and it still fits the "this is something Biden did" claim. I'm also not claiming Biden isn't enacting helpful policies, I'm just disputing he's solely or even largely responsible for the economy doing what the economy does after a unique (one hopes) event in recent history. I never said his policies were harmful to the economy.

I'm sure in hindsight experts will judge that many policies he enacted will have had no effect on the economy, just as all Presidents (well-meaning or no) have, but I'll wait on that analysis. And sure, standing up to Russia and keeping certain unpopular pipelines from going forward probably had a small impact on energy prices (though not nearly to the extent Republicans would like to believe) but I'd also say those were as necessary and admirable as his withdrawal from Afghanistan which was long overdue.

And he did the basic job of a President in getting out of the way and facilitating business in ramping back up. He wasn't an impediment. I again don't need a crystal ball to know if another President would have done the same, basic logic dictates that they would have because the economy is key to everything (including reelection). Trump or another Republican again would likely have been even more pro-bounceback, and perhaps even had a greater short-term impact, but likely would have cost lives and prolonged the worst of the pandemic.

Saying "well it happened when he was there, so clearly he did it" (correlation equals causation) isn't a great argument. Again, apply that to inflation or gas prices or monkey pox or anything else negative that happens during his Administration. I don't put blame or credit largely on an Administration when it comes to topics largely outside of their control. I instead judge them on what they do to help. And Biden gets high marks in that regard.

I (and others, mostly pro-Biden or who at least voted for him and likely will again) am just saying that we don't need to go overboard and pretend like he deserves the lion's share of the credit for what is instead a basic economic reality of business getting back to, well, business. No more than Trump should get credit for the strong economy before the pandemic hit. Maybe you believe he should get all that credit, but then you should extend the same credit to Trump or come to terms with having very different standards for credit based on the letter before a politician's name.

Exactly.

If it is truly "Biden..." or "Trump..." who did these things?

Then you have to give Trump credit for lowering the unemployment rate by a higher percentage in a shorter amount of time.

Which, politely, would be an incredibly dumb thing to do.

Each of these guys are racking up noteworthy numbers because they happen to be operating under an incredibly singular set of circumstances.

Anything that is happening says way more about just how singular those circumstances are than the ability of either Trump or Biden.

Was playing with the idea of starting a separate thread devoted to the Jan 6th hearings. Not sure if that would be a good idea or not.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Texas Republicans want to arm more school employees, but few districts are opting in

Yet this narrative from the GOP won't go away. Even if its completely silly and obvious that teachers were not going to become some wild west combatants ready to put down an active shooter.
    GEE I wonder what school districts opted in?

Well while they claim lt's private that article did list some school districts.

No black population in either district.

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/06...al%20Republish

Last week, Gov. Greg Abbott sent a letter to Texas Education Commissioner Mike Morath urging him to find ways to encourage more school districts to increase the number of school marshals and other law enforcement officers on school grounds.

“In the wake of this devastating crime, we must redouble our efforts to ensure that our schools provide a safe and secure environment for the children of Texas,” Abbott wrote.
    Arming teachers is NOT the answer.

I had a co-worker that left the district because of unruly kids and no help from administration. Kids that got physical with him.

Mind you he is the size of a line backer. Who drank a half gallon of milk DAILY. He left and said "he had to leave before he HURT on of those kids." He went to a new school district and was HAPPY and those kids LOVE him.

Do you REALLY want HIM with a gun?

OHHHH I forgot to add this-use to be a fighter and GUESS who he did that with???? IRON MIKE TYSON.

Another teacher so depressed had to get a service dog. You want him with a gun?

The rich white kid who got a job teaching through one of those programs that pays them X number of years and DUMPS them in majority black schools? Rich white kid who has only seen a black person on tv or they made up the sports team at college? You want them with a gun?

Blake Masters in the news *again*.

https://crooksandliars.com/2022/06/a...event-when-man

He brushed her hand away from him, then U.S. Senate candidate Blake Masters, 35, lunges at the 73-year-old man, puts both hands around his neck, and pushes him backward. Then about a dozen men surrounded Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    GEE I wonder what school districts opted in?

Well while they claim lt's private that article did list some school districts.

No black population in either district.

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/06...al%20Republish

Arming teachers is NOT the answer.

I had a co-worker that left the district because of unruly kids and no help from administration. Kids that got physical with him.

Mind you he is the size of a line backer. Who drank a half gallon of milk DAILY. He left and said "he had to leave before he HURT on of those kids." He went to a new school district and was HAPPY and those kids LOVE him.

Do you REALLY want HIM with a gun?

OHHHH I forgot to add this-use to be a fighter and GUESS who he did that with???? IRON MIKE TYSON.

Another teacher so depressed had to get a service dog. You want him with a gun?

The rich white kid who got a job teaching through one of those programs that pays them X number of years and DUMPS them in majority black schools? Rich white kid who has only seen a black person on tv or they made up the sports team at college? You want them with a gun?
    But can’t they all get a gun if they want one anyway??

But I suppose practically making it a job requirement for a teacher to have a gun, would be even more insane than present set-up.

An absolutely monstrous situation engineered by the
    State of Texas.

NEW from @eklib: A 16-year trans boy tried to kill himself after investigations of families ordered. He was admitted to psych facility. When staff learned he was undergoing hormone therapy, they turned his family in for child abuse
    https://www.texastribune.org/2022/06...abuse-lawsuit/

In both 2015, as well as 2016, “Fanatical Republican Extremist of the Day” published profiles of Jacqueline Schaffer, a member of the North Carolina House of Representatives who won two terms in office without ever being challenged by a Democrat in both 2012 and 2014. She first gained some notoriety for sponsoring a sex-selective abortion ban (in spite of the practice not existing), and then after co-sponsoring an anti-Sharia Law bill a few months later, decided it wasn’t conservative enough and amended the legislation to include the sex-selective abortion ban again. In her first term in office, she also voted for North Carolina’s rigid Voter ID Law, the “motorcycle safety/anti-abortion” law, and voted to drug test welfare recipients. In her second, she sponsored North Carolina’s first attempt at a “religious freedom” law, HB 348, to allow for the discrimination of LGBT citizens based on one’s supposed deeply held faith, and was a co-sponsor of the state’s highly discriminatory HB 2 law. But perhaps her most outrageous moment came after she sponsored HB 465, a bill to stretch the medically unnecessary waiting period for an abortion in North Carolina from 24 to 72 hours, where she advocated for the measure by comparing women’s bodies to real estate. She did not run for re-election in 2016, and decided to resign because of “business responsibilities” she was having trouble staying on top of.

In both 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, as well as 2021, “Fanatical Republican Extremist of the Day” presented its original profile of Mississippi State Senator Jenifer Branning, emerging from a 4 candidate Republican primary by touting her involvement in her Pentecostal Church, winning with 43% of the vote, and then facing no Democratic challengers in the general election. She very quickly made an impression upon the state, taking LGBT bigotry to a new level by filing HB 1523, a “religious freedom” law that makes North Carolina’s HB 2 look like an invitation to a gay pride parade. Not only would it allow legalized discrimination towards the gay and transgendered communities, but it also stated that marriage should be recognized as the union between one man and one woman, and that sexual relations should be reserved for marriage only (!), and that someone’s gender is limited to whatever it is listed at the time of their birth. In spite of the obvious amount of legal discrimination in the bill, Branning had the unmitigated lack of conscience to claim it wasn’t discriminatory at all:

When Branning’s bit of extremism was criticized widely online, she deleted her Facebook page rather than answer for what she was trying to do. And of course, after its passage, the bill was almost immediately blocked by the courts, because large portions of it are obviously contradictory to the Obergefell v. Hodges ruling.That may have had something to do with the fact that the state tried defending the law with the logic that Christians have a right to challenge the freedoms of gay people. So there’s that.

What kind of bigotry will Jenifer Branning stand against? Will you believe that she voted for a bill to classify attacking law enforcement as a hate crime? You heard that right, people are born gay, but they don’t have rights… but people who choose to be a cop, they do, based off of their jobs.

Anyway, we’re not just going to chalk up Branning’s obsession with LGBTQ rights as our only complaint with her, as she also has already voted to try and block state funding of Planned Parenthood, and for someone who’s so adamant that she’s pro-life, she also voted not just to maintain capital punishment in Mississippi, but allow the state to bring back the electric chair and firing squads as lethal methods of execution. No hypocrisy there, either, no sir. She furthered that disconnect about what “pro-life” means this year as she co-sponsored legislation that if passed, would have Mississippi to ban abortion at 15 weeks, and followed that up by voting for a fetal heartbeat bill that would effectively ban abortion a 6 weeks, flying in the face of the Roe v. Wade ruling.

Branning was up for re-election in 2019, but no candidates filed to run against her, guaranteeing that she’ll be in office to continue her social crusade for another four years. She immediately went to work sponsoring a bill that would make it easier for parents to use their “religious beliefs” to opt out of immunizing their children. Branning did this during the Covid-19 pandemic’s early stages, and there’s no way that could have long term effects that could kill anyone. Nope. Not at all.

Now in 2021, Jenifer Branning continues to be a part of the worst legislation you can find, voting for SB HB 1509, a ban on Covid-19 vaccine mandates, SB 2113, to ban the teaching of “Critical Race Theory”, and for Mississippi’s SB 2536, to ban transgender youth from participating in school sports activities unless it’s of their biological sex at birth, a phenomenon so widespread no Republicans can give examples of kids using it for an athletic advantage when asked to.

2023 cannot come fast enough to give voters another chance to bounce this bigot.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

The Trumps (the former president, Donald Junior and Ivanka) have agreed to testify in the New York Attorney General's investigation. Date is set for July 15.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

The motivation still is not clear. Apparently, the driver was Armenian and had anti-Turkish leaflets in the car. Reports of a manifesto or confession were fabricated out of thin air by the Springer media group.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    An absolutely monstrous situation engineered by the
    State of Texas.

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/06...abuse-lawsuit/
    Working as intended, for those Nazi fucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Working as intended, for those Nazi fucks.
    Ayep. They want a trans genocide.