Page 310 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 2102603003063073083093103113123133143203604108101310 ... LastLast
Results 4,636 to 4,650 of 75153

People waiting in line overnight haven't been this disappointed since The Phantom Menace.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    People waiting in line overnight haven't been this disappointed since The Phantom Menace.
    Or Fyre Festival.

But those two were actually sold out.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Discussion on Friday's Bill Maher..... I know he has a lot of haters here but I think this show still bears watching in these times. And Malcolm Nance, former Navy cryptologist and commentator on counterintelligence is one of my favorite guests

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-21-2020 at 12:33 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Discussion on Friday's Bill Maher..... I know he has a lot of haters here but I think this show still bears watching in these times. And Malcolm Nance, former Navy cryptologist and commentator on counterintelligence is one of my favorite opinion

It really takes quite a bit of contortion to argue that the founding fathers somehow set the country on the path to abolishing slavery. In reality, most of them recognized that that slavery was morally unjustifiable but were still economically dependent on it and thus decided to kick the can down the road for future generations. Just far enough down the road, it turns out, for weapons technology to advance to a point that would make the inevitable war far deadlier than it would have been if the issue had been settled at the nation's founding.

But all that is missing the bigger picture, which is that the issue is not just a couple of statues but the deeply uncomfortable fact that it is virtually impossible to find a single period in American history that wasn't massively tainted by genocide, slavery, wars of conquest, economic exploitation, and bigotry along nearly every possible dimension. And no, NOT every other country in the world has a similarly sordid history, and frankly it's quite difficult to think of any other country that has been responsible for as much death and destruction as the United States. As the saying goes, the first step is admitting that you have a problem, and we as a country have never been able to do even that.

The Lincoln Project have released a video called, "The Walk of Shame" that shows a disheveled Trump arriving back at the White House, knowing he's been humiliated again.

His face. He knows everyone is laughing at him. I haven't seen him look like this since Obama punted him around the room at the Correspondents' Dinner to uproarious laughter.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Mighty Member

Discussion on Friday's Bill Maher..... I know he has a lot of haters here but I think this show still bears watching in these times. And Malcolm Nance, former Navy cryptologist and commentator on counterintelligence is one of my favorite opinion

Perfectly stated by Bill Maher's guests, I'm a liberal moderate, but I recognize there are people on the far left, who would love nothing more to take a cement drill to every statue in the United States, which in turn just whips up recruitment for the far right, who takes things to a far more violent extreme. The far right and the far left are both cancers in our society, they feed off of one another and help each other grow, and they generally see moderates as the enemy because we lay down boundaries that stop them going to where they want to go.

We say to no racist immigration laws that will seek to ban someone from entering the country under the guise of national security, we say no to people who sever the heads of statues of the founding fathers, the latter, which at the end of the day, only helps get the Trump vote mobilized.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The Lincoln Project have released a video called, "The Walk of Shame" that shows a disheveled Trump arriving back at the White House, knowing he's been humiliated again.

His face. He knows everyone is laughing at him. I haven't seen him look like this since Obama punted him around the room at the Correspondents' Dinner to uproarious laughter.
    God, that is the best thing ever

Malcolm Nance is a national treasure. He knows more about national security than I ever will and I respect his highly knowledgeable opinions on the issue.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Trump looks like the losing coach in the Superbowl during the post-game interview.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Trump looks like the losing coach in the Superbowl during the post-game interview.
    That's the body language read, all right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I’ve seen happier thugs on perp walks. How long before Brad Parscale gets the chop as the fall guy for last night’s debacle?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I’ve seen happier thugs on perp walks. How long before Brad Parscale gets the chop as the fall guy for last night’s debacle?
    The Lewandowski rumors were there, now I'm also seeing ones about Trump wanting to send word to bring Steve Bannon from the sewer he slunk into to take control of his campaign again.

Someone needs to add 'The Lonely Man' theme from the Incredible Hulk into that video.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Someone needs to add 'The Lonely Man' theme from the Incredible Hulk into that video.
    Ask and you shall receive.