Page 311 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 2112613013073083093103113123133143153213614118111311 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,665 of 75153

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

2020 Fruit Bat Quarters, issued in February. Well intentioned, perhaps, but is also a reminder of COVID-19 which originated with Bats.
    I harbor no ill will toward bats. These quarters are great.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The Lincoln Project have released a video called, "The Walk of Shame" that shows a disheveled Trump arriving back at the White House, knowing he's been humiliated again.

His face. He knows everyone is laughing at him. I haven't seen him look like this since Obama punted him around the room at the Correspondents' Dinner to uproarious laughter.
    It's already being combined with various musical tracks. Sometimes I love the internet.

https://twitter.com/John_ClarkeEOU/s...779650049?s=20
    Last edited by PaulBullion; 06-21-2020 at 12:18 PM.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    Perfectly stated by Bill Maher's guests, I'm a liberal moderate, but I recognize there are people on the far left, who would love nothing more to take a cement drill to every statue in the United States, which in turn just whips up recruitment for the far right, who takes things to a far more violent extreme. The far right and the far left are both cancers in our society, they feed off of one another and help each other grow, and they generally see moderates as the enemy because we lay down boundaries that stop them going to where they want to go.

We say to no racist immigration laws that will seek to ban someone from entering the country under the guise of national security, we say no to people who sever the heads of statues of the founding fathers, the latter, which at the end of the day, only helps get the Trump vote mobilized.
    I too believe that we should find a rational middle ground between racism and anti-racism.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

The should go with the oldie "Hearts and Flowers"

One dead and one wounded in shooting in Seattle police-free zone

A 19-year-old man was killed and another person was in critical condition after a pre-dawn shooting in Seattle’s protest zone, authorities said on Saturday.
    The shooting happened at about 3am in the area near downtown known as the Chaz, short for “Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone”, police said in a statement on Twitter.

Seattle’s police department claimed in a press release on Saturday morning that when officers responded to reports of gunshots inside the protest zone, they “were met by a violent crowd that prevented officers safe access to the victims”.

Police were later informed that the protesters’ own medics transported the two gunshot wound victims to a hospital, the department said.

Two males with gunshot wounds arrived in a private vehicle at Harborview medical center at about 3am, said a hospital spokeswoman, Susan Gregg. The 19-year-old man died and the other person was in critical condition in intensive care.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The Tik Tok kids doing this as an act of protest was priceless. Remember how Trump bragged a week or 2 ago how no protestors was gonna ruin his Tulsa rally ? How he was riding high ego wise. Then the Tik Tok kids was like ...challenge accepted.

Its wild to think kids could do this to a Presidential rally. Its just unheard of and smart to see in an article where they detailed what they did so mainstream media wouldn't catch it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Trump's going to continue to ignore the pandemic, and is coming to Phoenix on Tuesday for a rally at a Megachurch that can hold 22,500.

This would be a good time to point out that Arizona is one of the biggest national COVID-19 hotspots right now. Gov. Doug Ducey punted after much criticism, and let city mayors decide if they wanted to mandate masks in public.

Phoenix has a mandatory mask law. Punishable by a $250 fine. This rally could raise a lot of money for the city if they just walk the line of MAGA jackasses outside the venue.

This... could be a different kind of s***show. But if Tulsa only got him 6200 people on a Saturday... I don't know how a weekday night will go for him with a pandemic on.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 06-21-2020 at 01:36 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    It really takes quite a bit of contortion to argue that the founding fathers somehow set the country on the path to abolishing slavery. In reality, most of them recognized that that slavery was morally unjustifiable but were still economically dependent on it and thus decided to kick the can down the road for future generations. Just far enough down the road, it turns out, for weapons technology to advance to a point that would make the inevitable war far deadlier than it would have been if the issue had been settled at the nation's founding.

But all that is missing the bigger picture, which is that the issue is not just a couple of statues but the deeply uncomfortable fact that it is virtually impossible to find a single period in American history that wasn't massively tainted by genocide, slavery, wars of conquest, economic exploitation, and bigotry along nearly every possible dimension. And no, NOT every other country in the world has a similarly sordid history, and frankly it's quite difficult to think of any other country that has been responsible for as much death and destruction as the United States. As the saying goes, the first step is admitting that you have a problem, and we as a country have never been able to do even that.
    There is no doubt that slavery remains our "Original Sin". Too many compromises were made addressing the issue of slavery before it lead to a war that cost us dearly in loss of life. New figures put the number killed at around 750,000 and still that didn't completely solve the issue. I don't think many freed slaves got that 20 acres and a mule deal.

The bigger issues IMO is that we have dealt with man's inhumanity to man...and women... for thousands of years going back the the slave labor that built the Great Pyramids. And it still goes on today. My mothers's younger brother is buried in SE Asia and although we don't know for sure may been partof the POW slave labor of the Japanese occupying army working on the infamous Burma Railway. He's buried other there in a special memorial graveyard. Are you sure that the clothes you wear wasn't the product of a sweat shop in SE Asia? Or how about your I-Phone. Remember when workers were jumping of the windows of the I-Phone factories? We still depend on what is the modern day equivalent of slave labor. It just got more sophisticated.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-21-2020 at 01:48 PM.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Trump's going to continue to ignore the pandemic, and is coming to Phoenix on Tuesday for a rally at a Megachurch that can hold 22,500.

This would be a good time to point out that Arizona is one of the biggest national COVID-19 hotspots right now. Gov. Doug Ducey punted after much criticism, and let city mayors decide if they wanted to mandate masks in public.

Phoenix has a mandatory mask law. Punishable by a $250 fine. This rally could raise a lot of money for the city if they just walk the line of MAGA jackasses outside the venue.

This... could be a different kind of s***show. But if Tulsa only got him 6200 people on a Saturday... I don't know how a weekday night will go for him with a pandemic on.
    They will invent an Islamist or Antifa threat and cancel.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    It really takes quite a bit of contortion to argue that the founding fathers somehow set the country on the path to abolishing slavery. In reality, most of them recognized that that slavery was morally unjustifiable but were still economically dependent on it and thus decided to kick the can down the road for future generations. Just far enough down the road, it turns out, for weapons technology to advance to a point that would make the inevitable war far deadlier than it would have been if the issue had been settled at the nation's founding.

But all that is missing the bigger picture, which is that the issue is not just a couple of statues but the deeply uncomfortable fact that it is virtually impossible to find a single period in American history that wasn't massively tainted by genocide, slavery, wars of conquest, economic exploitation, and bigotry along nearly every possible dimension. And no, NOT every other country in the world has a similarly sordid history, and frankly it's quite difficult to think of any other country that has been responsible for as much death and destruction as the United States. As the saying goes, the first step is admitting that you have a problem, and we as a country have never been able to do even that.
    Honestly on that single thing I can not blame them. The states were very individualized at that time. If they pressed the issue and it came to war it could of destroyed the country before it even started. And while I am sure there are plenty that wish it did they also wouldn't be around right now to make that wish if it had.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Antifa seems more likely.

Also a good time to recall, Trump has had the cops in Phoenix tear-gas counter-protesters as far back as 2017, when he pardoned Arpaio.

This was in Tempe, just miles from where Trump will appear, only 10 days ago

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I'm waiting for the narrative that George Soros was behind the K-pop Tic-Tok Kids prank.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I'm waiting for the narrative that George Soros was behind the K-pop Tic-Tok Kids prank.
    George Soros is in a K-pop band, true story.

Astonishing Member

https://twitter.com/tedlieu/status/1...009953280?s=20

Today I released my first campaign ad. It was produced by my kids. Let me know if you like it.