Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    On the plus side after 3+ years I will be free of my aunt. She has the trunk rented it is confirmed and she has people to help. And she is moving out.

I got tired of the racism and terrorist support I got tired of throwing her friends out and getting into the yelling matches because I would not let them come over when they are openly homophobic, I got tired of not being able to talk to my dad about politics or watch a news show with out the yelling and screaming. I have had enough. Told her in not so polite terms I am tired of living in stress and on eggshells in my own house. I have given her more then enough time to find a place of her own and a job and save money. I have had it. And told her to go live with her daughter.

So as of this weekend my biggest set of stress will be gone.

it is not even that she is a Republican. it is all of it, the racism the transhomophobia, the Batshit Big lie claims, Hunters emails, Biden is a Pedophile, Biden is a Russian agent. The telling me my mental health disorder is not real or if I have a rough night because of bad dreams from ym prison days I just need to man up and get the Hell over it.

UGH!!!!!

To be honest when she leaves I doubt I will say much to her and I am not overly sorry about that.
    It has to be a huge weight off. I mean you only have one life and living in that constant delusional toxicity can't be good for your health. So congrats on your impending stress removal.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

From the “Squeaky Wheel Gets The Grease” department:

Swimming's World Governing Body Adopts New Transgender Policy For Athletes

Only swimmers who transitioned before the age of 12 will be allowed to compete in women’s events, FINA members voted Sunday. In my opinion, this ruling came as a result of the GQP having screamed bloody murder about Lia Thomas and her having won a meet back in March, as if Qpublicans gave a **** about transgenders in women’s sports BEFORE then, because they didn’t.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    From the “Squeaky Wheel Gets The Grease” department:

Swimming's World Governing Body Adopts New Transgender Policy For Athletes

Only swimmers who transitioned before the age of 12 will be allowed to compete in women’s events, FINA members voted Sunday. In my opinion, this ruling came as a result of the GQP having screamed bloody murder about Lia Thomas and her having won a meet back in March, as if Qpublicans gave a **** about transgenders in women’s sports BEFORE then, because they didn’t.
    The funny thing I have read about that is that if Lia Thomas had those same times at the same event from 2 years earlier, no one outside the event would know her name.
    Dark does not mean deep.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    This. Also when you have a state like Texas where they are so eager to show off how "tough on crime" they are that they don't even bother to make sure they got the right guy before they execute him, it becomes difficult to support the death penalty in practice, even if you support it in principle.
    The whole "Tough on Crime" shtick is bipartisan tho.

Good for you. Hope it all works out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Good for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    It has to be a huge weight off. I mean you only have one life and living in that constant delusional toxicity can't be good for your health. So congrats on your impending stress removal.
    Thank you I am already feeling less stress
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    The whole "Tough on Crime" shtick is bipartisan tho.
    Whenever there's a movement for bail reform or a moratorium on the death penalty, it's usually from someone on the left.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

On the plus side after 3+ years I will be free of my aunt. She has the trunk rented it is confirmed and she has people to help. And she is moving out.

I got tired of the racism and terrorist support I got tired of throwing her friends out and getting into the yelling matches because I would not let them come over when they are openly homophobic, I got tired of not being able to talk to my dad about politics or watch a news show with out the yelling and screaming. I have had enough. Told her in not so polite terms I am tired of living in stress and on eggshells in my own house. I have given her more then enough time to find a place of her own and a job and save money. I have had it. And told her to go live with her daughter.

it is not even that she is a Republican. it is all of it, the racism the transhomophobia, the Batshit Big lie claims, Hunters emails, Biden is a Pedophile, Biden is a Russian agent. The telling me my mental health disorder is not real or if I have a rough night because of bad dreams from ym prison days I just need to man up and get the Hell over it.

UGH!!!!!

To be honest when she leaves I doubt I will say much to her and I am not overly sorry about that.

Its a sad deal to see play out with you and a family member. She choose to become so toxic bad with you really. Maybe in years from now after Trump has been long gone she'll regret her actions.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Whenever there's a movement for bail reform or a moratorium on the death penalty, it's usually from someone on the left.
    True, but a lot of those stiff penalties are more often than not bipartisan.

Where did you come across this statistic? Confirmation of innocence seems to be pretty rare.
    1 in 25 is pretty rare. Still alarmingly high, though, especially when a disproportionate number of them are people of color. When the victims are anything but white, the perpetrators are also far less likely to get the death penalty.

University of Michigan law professor Samuel Gross led a team of experts in the law and in statistics that estimated the likely number of unjust convictions. The study, published in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences determined that at least 4% of people on death penalty/death row were and are likely innocent. People have no doubt that some innocent people have been executed.
    Last edited by 4saken1; 06-19-2022 at 05:51 PM.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Good for you.

Is the speculation coming from anyone who has the technical background to critique prosecutors? Are there reporters or legal analysts saying that the Manhattan DA probably has some ulterior motive for not going after Trump.

I suspect the problem isn't that the clickbait articles fail to convey why it might be difficult to prosecute Trump.

They're also acting on incomplete information. Anyone writing an article doesn't know what the investigators know.
    It's s all of those. If I run across them again, I link.
    The people who said there was ample evidence to convict Trump were the people running the Manhattan DA investigation. They had more expertise in this area than the new DA. And yet he dropped the case.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

On Trump and being prosecuted for his Georgia call, I say why get your hopes up? He had so many scandals, breaking of norms, at best legally questionable actions during his Presidency and since that led to two impeachments that folks thought would end up meaning something (they didn't), the NY case which fell apart, and now this.

They might determine wrongdoing by Trump to rile up the crowd during January 6th, and give him a good formal chastising, but in the end it's going to mean as much as everything else has. I get wanting it to happen, but expecting it to happen just seems like foolishness beyond wishful thinking.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    True, but a lot of those stiff penalties are more often than not bipartisan.
    Yup, there's a whole book about it too. Written by a public defender from DC.
    Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    On Trump and being prosecuted for his Georgia call, I say why get your hopes up? He had so many scandals, breaking of norms, at best legally questionable actions during his Presidency and since that led to two impeachments that folks thought would end up meaning something (they didn't), the NY case which fell apart, and now this.

They might determine wrongdoing by Trump to rile up the crowd during January 6th, and give him a good formal chastising, but in the end it's going to mean as much as everything else has. I get wanting it to happen, but expecting it to happen just seems like foolishness beyond wishful thinking.
    Not to mention a lot of legal analysts on twitter are saying nobody can prove Trump's "intent".
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post

Trump could give cockroaches lessons in surviving what looks to be the end.
    Dark does not mean deep.

UGH!!!!!

Good for you man.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Color me highly skeptical of that claim. While I’d love to see Trump end up behind bars, that simply won’t happen. Should this case actually to go to trial, and I’m doubtful of that, if it’s heard by some right wing toady judge put in place while Trump was in office, consider the fix in and he gets off scot free. And even if Trump doesn’t get a favorable lackey on the bench and he’s convicted, Trump’s lawyers would file appeal after appeal which could drag on for years. Everyone needs to give up the fantasy of Trump facing justice for his crimes, that’s nothing more than a silly pipe dream.
    As I've said, I'll believe it when we see Trump in handcuffs in a perp walk on CNN.
    America is a place where a politician is usually not going to be in any hurry to hold another politician to account.

That folks are even undertaking something that might hold a politician to account?

That is something because things are at least functioning along the lines of how they should.

That said, it's still the exception more than the rule that a politician gets held to account.