Page 312 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 2122623023083093103113123133143153163223624128121312 ... LastLast
Results 4,666 to 4,680 of 75153

That is priceless.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Al Franken

https://twitter.com/alfranken/status...59720918794241

6,200 people at Trump rally in Tulsa. Acts that had bigger crowds at the same venue in 2019:

- Sha Na Na
    - The Pips (w/o Gladys Knight)
    - Loverboy
    - John Tesh
    - The West Virginia Touring Company of La Traviata
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

This is the kind of stuff that happens when the handful of Never Trump Republicans willing to put their money where their mouth is get handed a perfect scenario to make an SNL sketch using real world clips:

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/s...48265376907265
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    George Soros is in a K-pop band, true story.
    Yeah, I can imagine Soros as a member of BTS. Absolutely!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Al Franken

https://twitter.com/alfranken/status...59720918794241

6,200 people at Trump rally in Tulsa. Acts that had bigger crowds at the same venue in 2019:

- Sha Na Na
    - The Pips (w/o Gladys Knight)
    - Loverboy
    - John Tesh
    - The West Virginia Touring Company of La Traviata
    I miss Al Franken.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    This is the kind of stuff that happens when the handful of Never Trump Republicans willing to put their money where their mouth is get handed a perfect scenario to make an SNL sketch using real world clips:

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/s...48265376907265
    These were people who supported obstruction at every turn of the Obama administration and abolishing the ACA.
    We may be allies but remember that they are not our friends.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 06-21-2020 at 04:12 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    What you are saying roughly amounts to...

Let's ignore that time that a Democratic President presided over that way more African American men went to prison. Let's set aside the current and future wage that he literally stole from them so that we can attempt discuss that African Americans are way better off in blue versus red states.

A blue President did that. The idea that you are "Vastly" better off under the party whose president presided over the number of you being sent to prison(let's not eve discuss that they are basically what amounts to a slave labor force in those prisons...) where your present and future financial well being are hobbled.
    Did you read my fucking post?!? I admitted that it was a very bad thing! It was a single. fucking. bad. thing! Blacks would not have been any better off at the time if there was a Republican President and Republicans controlled both Houses of Congress. Despite how bad the crime bill was, it likely would have been worse under those circumstances. For instance, many Democrats would not vote for it unless it contained an assault weapons ban. So yes, I'd say that the version passed under Clinton was VASTLY FUCKING BETTER! Not saying it was a good thing......just saying it would have been worse under Republican leadership. CAN YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND THAT?!? OK genius, now that it has already been established that A is already better than B, lets talk about the socioeconomic status of African Americans in blue States versus red ones......
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Did you read my fucking post?!? I admitted that it was a very bad thing! It was a single. fucking. bad. thing! Blacks would not have been any better off at the time if there was a Republican President and Republicans controlled both Houses of Congress. Despite how bad the crime bill was, it likely would have been worse under those circumstances. For instance, many Democrats would not vote for it unless it contained an assault weapons ban. So yes, I'd say that the version passed under Clinton was VASTLY FUCKING BETTER! Not saying it was a good thing......just saying it would have been worse under Republican leadership. CAN YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND THAT?!? OK genius, now that it has already been established that A is already better than B, lets talk about the socioeconomic status of African Americans in blue States versus red ones......
    No. He can't. It has been repeatedly pointed out that the 90s crime bill not only had bipartisan support, but was also supported by black community leaders at the time. 30 still plays whattabout with it like it was some executive order from the Clintons over the objections of the rest of the country.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    For starters...

What you just said didn't "Establish..." anything. You've got what you believe would have happened. Which I guess might have taken place. That said, a guess doesn't "Establish..." anything.

Never mind that it does nothing to actually address the financial anchor that you put around a group of people's collective neck while telling them to go swim some laps.

Vastly better off?

To me, that would involve Democrats taking the lead on something like reparations for the wages and future potential opportunity that was stolen from folks when you created a system that you know put more of them into prison.

Will there be a time where Democrats actually do anything like that? Sure, I guess that could happen. As of right now, they aren't even ready to deal with marijuana being illegal on the "National" level. Never mind creating a legal sales market built with giving minorities a stake in it that reflects the difficulties that you built into them even being able to participate in such a market.

So, "Vastly..." is where your issue is. You don't play an active role in not only not helping to create sensible policy but working to create idiotic policy, and still get to say that you are the "Vastly..." better option.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 06-21-2020 at 05:18 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Trump's going to continue to ignore the pandemic, and is coming to Phoenix on Tuesday for a rally at a Megachurch that can hold 22,500.

This would be a good time to point out that Arizona is one of the biggest national COVID-19 hotspots right now. Gov. Doug Ducey punted after much criticism, and let city mayors decide if they wanted to mandate masks in public.

Phoenix has a mandatory mask law. Punishable by a $250 fine. This rally could raise a lot of money for the city if they just walk the line of MAGA jackasses outside the venue.

This... could be a different kind of s***show. But if Tulsa only got him 6200 people on a Saturday... I don't know how a weekday night will go for him with a pandemic on.
    If Phoenix draws as bad , your gonna see Trump go into a full scale rage over it. This is how he breathes , basking in the glow of the audience. Its just the audience in Tulsa wasn't there.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    If Phoenix draws as bad , your gonna see Trump go into a full scale rage over it. This is how he breathes , basking in the glow of the audience. Its just the audience in Tulsa wasn't there.
    And those that were there were bored or confused.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The funniest part was the people Trump paid as actors to be there who were acting like this was the greatest party they ever went to. A Trump supporter believes they were real crowd but its clear they were there to sell Trump but came across so fake it was comedy.

- They were laughing and near dancing in the seats .

- The audience around them looked bored as ****.

- They were minorities in a sea of Tulsa and his audience. A fact that Trump's under fire for his actions towards BLM and more.

So no way do I believe that these people were real actual supporters.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

One other thing on that topic. I get that there is the "In Dry Cement..." numbers when it comes to comparing it. That said, there's also pieces like this to consider.

https://www.timesfreepress.com/news/...eneurs/516085/

The best states for black entrepreneurs are in the South

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Trump named Hillary... no "LOCK HER UP" chant.

Trump named Biden, paused for a boo... and got none. Like, how much is he failing if his entire thing is to demonize people, and he can't focus on the target that he's running against enough to get his most fanatical audience members to boo him? WITH PAID AUDIENCE PLANTS TO LEAD THEM INTO IT.

Oddly, there were boos when he mentioned Neil Gorsuch. But he never had the crowd. The only cheer he really got for himself was applause... for drinking a glass of water with one hand, as if that's something that deserves applause.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Incredible Member

"A door count placed the Trump rally officially placed crowd at 6,116. Of those, 2,837 were paid gig actors & 986 were Trump Campaign 2020, 532 were WH/Trump propaganda machine employees, 183 were plainclothes security meaning: 1,578 WERE TOTAL REAL ATTENDEES.""
    I read it on Twitter, I don't know if it's true, but if it is, just wow! I'm sure we'll know that one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Vastly better off?

To me, that would involve Democrats taking the lead on something like reparations for the wages and future potential opportunity that was stolen from folks when you created a system that you know put more of them into prison.
    Black incarceration rate 1994 - 1,471/100k
    Black incarceration rate 2020 - 1,408/100k

After the 1994 crime bill, black incarceration increased at pretty much the same rate that it had every year since Reagan took office, before beginning a gradual descent around 1999. Never mind that Patron-fucking Saint Bernie also voted for the 1994 Crime Bill, so any argument that you might have that his policies would be better off for African Americans is pretty much moot, since the Crime Bill is the only metric which you use to measure whether or not blacks are better or worse off.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.