Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I was reminded this morning while working on forthcoming profile updates that there's literally a GOP Congressman from Georgia, Rick Allen, who quoted an Old Testament line in the Bible about putting gay people to death, and guess what? GOP LEADERSHIP DID NOTHING, AND HE'S STILL IN OFFICE YEARS LATER.

This is who they are.
    Just a reminder, this is the issue where the GQP has finally decided to stand up to Trump - because he wasn't bigoted enough for them.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I'll as in my voice to those giving sympathies. My wife and I lost one of our cats a couple of months ago - he was an adopted feral we had for 10 years almost to the day. We went out onto the porch and he had just died suddenly, we think from asthma related complications.

In about 3 hours we are picking up a pair of half-siamese kittens so I have to do the last steps of kitten proofing the house before they arrive. We haven't had a kitten (much less 2) in about 20 years, so it will be a bit of relearning.
    Thank you. I wish the place I was in could be safe for kittens but with 2 of my roomie's adult cats with bad attitudes for interacting with smaller cats I'll have to wait.

While I don't think that anything particularly noteworthy will wind up coming of this, it is probably worth taking note of that it even happened.

https://deadline.com/2022/06/matthew...gs-1235047936/

Uvalde Native Matthew McConaughey Meets With Biden, Manchin, Pelosi & Lindsey Graham And Says, “The Solution Must Come From Both Sides”

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Thank you. I wish the place I was in could be safe for kittens but with 2 of my roomie's adult cats with bad attitudes for interacting with smaller cats I'll have to wait.
    Our surviving adult doesn't seem too happy with the new arrivals, but so far she has only growled, hissed, and tried multiple times to eat their food. She has left the vicinity rather than attacking, but we are watching. The playpen arrives Wednesday, and after that they are going to get food at the same time, on opposite sides of the enclosure.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While I don't think that anything particularly noteworthy will wind up coming of this, it is probably worth taking note of that it even happened.

https://deadline.com/2022/06/matthew...gs-1235047936/
    An admirable sentiment, though ultimately futile since Qpublicans will never put guns ahead of the safety of the public.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Disgusting! I reported that asswipe a couple of hours ago. God knows there too much violence, too many shootings in the country now without this scumbag adding fuel to the fire.
    Twitter and FB took the violent ad down, so now, of course, Greitens apologized and saw the error in his judgment... I'm kidding. He is doubling down and screaming "bich tech censorship!!1!!"

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Twitter and FB took the violent ad down, so now, of course, Greitens apologized and saw the error in his judgment... I'm kidding. He is doubling down and screaming "bich tech censorship!!1!!"
    There's a whole history established where Greitens doesn't like when people say "no" to him.

I am reminding everyone he is an accused rapist.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

There's a whole history established where Greitens doesn't like when people say "no" to him.

I am reminding everyone he is an accused rapist.
    But WBE! I thought both parties were just as bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    But WBE! I thought both parties were just as bad!
    One party fought to put an alleged attempted rapist on the Supreme Court, and now wants to put another alleged rapist on the Senate, while defending the alleged multiple rapist/sexual predator who staged a coup at every turn.

Another party is not doing that... so suffice to say, I don't think both are the same right now.

There’s an article on Lynn Fitch on the BBC website today, concentrating on the challenge to Roe v Wade.

I almost had to rub my eyes in disbelief in some of the arguments she was putting forward: effectively that abolishing the right to abortion completely is now justified because “women could have it all, a good job, beautiful children, etc with just the right mindset of positivity”. The article noted that this argument was heavily influenced by her own struggles as a single mother.

The article didn’t delve into her family background much…but it mention her father owned a 8000 acre ranch, and had poured heavy money into one of her early political campaigns. So I’m “guessing” rich, well educated, etc, etc.

Nothing wrong with that….but unless she is totally thick she must realise it’s not the norm, and many women are facing a completely different set of challenges and life opportunities. I’m struggling to convince myself that she’s not being deliberately dishonest…but failing in that struggle for now.
    Last edited by JackDaw; 06-21-2022 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    There’s an article on Lynn Fitch on the BBC website today, concentrating on the challenge to Roe v Wade.

I almost had to rub my eyes in disbelief in some of the arguments she was putting forward: effectively that abolishing the right to abortion completely is now justified because “women could have it all, a good job, beautiful children, etc with just the right mindset of positivity”. The article noted that this argument was heavily influenced by her own struggles as a single mother.

The article didn’t delve into her family background much…but it mention her father owned a 8000 acre ranch, and had poured heavy money into one of her early political campaigns. So I’m “guessing” rich, well educated, etc, etc.

Nothing wrong with that….but unless she is totally thick she must realise it’s not the norm, and many women are facing a completely different set of challenges and life opportunities. I’m struggling to convince myself that she’s not being deliberately dishonest…but failing in that struggle for now.
    An anti-abortion activist making a case in bad faith?

I FOR ONE AM SHOCKED.

On this date in 2015, “Fanatical Republican Extremist of the Day” published its profile of Steve Vaillancourt, a Republican member of the New Hampshire House of Representatives who in 2012, protested being told his time at the podium is up by saluting, “SIEG HEIL!” at New Hampshire House Speaker Bill O’Brien. He also shot his mouth off in 2014, when he said Republican Congressional candidate Marilinda Garcia would win because her Democratic opponent, Anne Kuster, was “ugly as sin” and “looked like a drag queen”. Vaillancourt thus managed to not only tick off female voters with his misogynistic assessment, but insulted the drag queen community, as well. But that’s hardly the biggest beef the LGBTQ community has with Vaillancourt, who in spite of him being openly gay, has towed the party line and voted multiple times against same-sex marriage, and voted for a “religious freedom” bill that would allow individuals to refuse to provide services for marriage based on their own “religious conscience”. Vaillancourt lost his 2014 re-election bid by 89 votes, and apparently decided to sit out the 2016 elections. He probably should stay seated.

In 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, as well as 2021, “Fanatical Republican Extremist of the Day” presented profiles of the sitting U.S. House Representative from New York’s 1st Congressional District, Lee Zeldin, who barely won his first term in office in 2014 with 53% of the vote. Way back in 2008, Zeldin made a first disastrous attempt at getting elected to Congress, and instead, with the winds of the Tea Party Hot-Air machine blowing at his back, he did manage to get elected as a New York State Senator in 2010. And what makes Zeldin stand out in particular is his vomit-inducing levels of partisanship, as relates to his military record (we’re grateful for his service, but not his attitude). Zeldin’s taken up the sort of banner once waved by former Congressman Allen West, where he’s the first person in Congress to puff out his chest and accuse Democrats of not supporting the troops enough, to attack them for not caring enough about national security in fighting the war on terror, or to take care of veterans when they get home. He’s also great about running off onto Fox News to do so, and talk a big talk about how the Obama administration’s strategies were counterproductive to defeating ISIS, in particular, his belief that we should ban Syrian refugees from entering the United States, already fear-mongering scenarios where those refugees strap on suicide vests to attack people on the floor of the House.

There’s just one problem…. The New York Post noticed that Rep. Zeldin has a nasty habit of missing half the meetings of the House Foreign Affairs committee that would have been keeping him abreast on the subject, and two thirds of the meetings that he could have attended in relation to ISIS and Syria. So perhaps folks should be taking his “expert” opinion on these matters with a grain of salt. Well, that and that he’s better than his counterparts across the aisle on national security, because if he was, he wouldn’t have a vote against funding the Department of Homeland Security as part of a petty vote to thumb his nose at the Obama administration’s immigration policy (see below for more details). He also was part of a GOP effort to even block debate back in December of 2015 regarding Democratic efforts to deny gun sales to people on the “no fly list” for suspicion of terrorism, so there’s that to factor in.

Rep. Zeldin was one of the first people in Congress to offer an endorsement to Donald Trump for president, and while most Congressman have gone out of their way to avoid talking to the press about the big bad bigoted cheeto puff, Zeldin didn’t have the good sense to say, “No comment” and get the heck out of dodge. Instead, after Trump attacked Gonzalo Curiel, the judge in the Trump University case, as being biased because he was of Mexican heritage, Zeldin was on CNN to try and defend the Donald from what many Republicans like House Speaker Paul Ryan, begrudgingly admitted to be the textbook definition of racism. Plus, Zeldin done goofed his riposte. Not only did Zeldin voice his disappointment with PAUL RYAN and not Trump, he refused to withdraw his support for Trump, and instead tried countering that he thought you could “easily argue that President Obama is racist with his policies and rhetoric.

On November 2nd, 2016 when all the polls showed his hero the Gropenfuhrer was going to be losing to Hillary Clinton on election Day, Lee Zeldin even released a statement that the Clinton Foundation was “the largest white collar crime in America. Which, given the allegations around Trump’s own charitable organization, was pretty ballsy of Zeldin to say.

His entire voting record reeks with that sort of one-sided fanaticism, with votes to repeal the Affordable Care Act or defund Planned Parenthood, and that was just as a Congressional freshman. Rep. Zeldin was one of Donald Trump’s “favorites” in Washington, and getting invited to private dinners with him. He obviously understands that between his voting record and that, he’s going to be really unpopular back in his home district. And he understands enough that he cancelled all in-person town halls (in 2018, prior to the pandemic having been an excuse as to why someone would do that), and instead, host “telephone town halls” in their place. You know, so his aides can screen calls for people who will actually complain, and mitigate what audio gets released.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 06-21-2022 at 04:41 PM.

Back in Washington in 2020 after another narrow re-election win, he has returned to piling up one of the biggest mountains of bulls*** in his voting record:

Perhaps our least favorite new thing to report about Lee Zeldin is that he finds one of his top priorities in Congress to just be an outright Islamophobic bigot to fellow Congresswoman Ilhan Omar, who he named as his reason for voting against Congress’ condemnation of anti-Semitism because it didn’t single her out by name, and whom a few weeks later in April of 2019, he accused of “targeting Jewish people” after she voiced criticism of Trump administration official and all-around hatemonger Stephen Miller. Rep. Omar has brilliantly responded to that line of attack by ignoring him and joining a new Black-Jewish Caucus with Debbie Wasserman-Schultz and Brenda Lawrence.

Still, Zeldin has not relented, and has claimed her intent is to “poison” the new group.

Zeldin also was a cheerleader for Donald Trump from the very start of the impeachment inquiry into his illegal withholding of military aid for Ukraine, trying to pretend that Trump wasn’t leveraging the President of Ukraine into beginning a sham investigation into Hunter and Joe Biden (when there’s goddamn transcript of it), calling the effort to impeach a “charade”, while effectively shoving his fingers in his ears and yelling, “LALALALA” as a defense of the worst occupant of the Oval Office in our nation’s history.

And of course, Lee Zeldin was just as much as a sea-worthy douche-canoe when Trump’s attempts to steal the 2020 election went down, not just in Zeldin’s support of the Texas v. Pennsylvania lawsuit, nor his vote against confirming the election results, but that when literal audio emerged of Trump calling Georgia Secretary of State Brad Rafffensperger to “find” Trump enough votes to win the state, who did Lee Zeldin condemn? THE MEDIA, FOR REPORTING IT!

Y’know, like a fascist would.

So it is with a great deal of consternation that we have to report Lee Zeldin is the front-runner for the GOP nomination to be their candidate for the next Governor of New York, having gone into his debate against businessman Harry Wilson by just lashing out and trying to label him a “Never Trumper”, which, given the January 6th hearings, in a sane world would have blown up in Zeldin’s face.

Alas, the Republican Party and its voters insist on not living in a sane world.

An anti-abortion activist making a case in bad faith?

I FOR ONE AM SHOCKED.
    Meawhile, conservatives are now moving onto their real goal: how to punish and control women.
    https://twitter.com/jamisonfoser/sta...41619969241089

So it is with a great deal of consternation that we have to report Lee Zeldin is the front-runner for the GOP nomination to be their candidate for the next Governor of New York, having gone into his debate against businessman Harry Wilson by just lashing out and trying to label him a “Never Trumper”, which, given the January 6th hearings, in a sane world would have blown up in Zeldin’s face.

Alas, the Republican Party and its voters insist on not living in a sane world.
    Living here in upstate NY, I've seen commercials for both Zeldin and Wilson. Funny thing about the Wilson ads. They keep hammering at the point that Zeldin sided with Governor Andrew Cuomo on several occasions. I can see that as a reason for both Republicans and Democrats to NOT vote for Zeldin.
    Watching television is not an activity.