Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    An admirable sentiment, though ultimately futile since Qpublicans will never put guns ahead of the safety of the public.
    Considering who posted it, I'm guessing the intent was to point out how both Parties are at fault equally.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Considering who posted it, I'm guessing the intent was to point out how both Parties are at fault equally.
    While I absolutely do get that y'all see whatever it is that you see in about the same way that Joseph McCarthy used to see reds?

Stop, and take just a minute to think about what you just posted...

While I'd never say that any person that posts in this thread is dumb?

The very idea that a couple of Republicans were willing to turn up just to discuss the issue somehow winds up "At Fault..."?

That is an incredibly dumb assessment.

Is the most realistic possibility that it is more "What Is In It For Us..." than "We Are Willing To Discuss This Seriously..."?

Well, yes. That is pretty likely.

That said, there is an outside chance that said discussion could lead to minimal advancement in the future.

Noting about things moving in that direction is "At Fault...", and it is honestly kind of disappointing that someone got that out of the entire thing.

A few days ago, the New York Times looked at a controversial strategy by Democrats: pump up crazy Republicans in primaries, and hope for success in November.

The concern is obvious: In a year when soaring gasoline prices and disorienting inflation have crushed President Biden’s approval ratings, Republican candidates whom Democrats may deem unelectable could well win on the basis of their party affiliation alone.

“I realize that this type of political gamesmanship has existed forever, but our country is in a very different place now than we were in previous cycles,” said Representative Kathleen Rice, Democrat of New York. “For these Democratic groups to throw money at raising up a person who they know wants to tear down this democracy is outrageous.”

Republican targets asked how they were supposed to buck their leadership and take difficult votes if their erstwhile allies in the Democratic Party are lying in wait.

“I voted the way I voted because I thought it was important,” Mr. Valadao said of his impeachment vote. “But to put us in a spot where we’re voting for these things and then try to use it as ammo against us in the campaigns, and put people that they potentially see as a threat to democracy in a position where they can become members of Congress, it tells me that they’re not serious about governing.”
    It does appear difficult to argue that these candidates are an existential threat, when a different argument is presented in primaries.

There was an unsuccessful effort to push out a moderate Republican congresswoman.

In Southern California, a Democratic candidate for the House, Asif Mahmood, flooded Orange County airwaves with advertisements that framed his run as a contest between him and an anti-abortion conservative, Greg Raths, aiding Mr. Raths by never mentioning the leading Republican in the race, Representative Young Kim, the incumbent and a much more moderate candidate. Instead, it highlighted Mr. Raths’ support for overturning Roe v. Wade and banning abortion and his affinity for “pro-Trump Republicans” — stances as likely to appeal to Republican primary voters as to rile up Democrats in a general election. (The effort did not succeed: Ms. Kim held off Mr. Raths and advanced to the November election against Mr. Mahmood.)
    There is obviously the possibility this will backfire.

Democrats involved acknowledge the game they are playing, but insist that they have one job — to preserve their party’s slender majority in the House — and that they are targeting only those races where extremist candidates cannot prevail in November.

“House Majority PAC was founded on the mission of doing whatever it takes to secure a Democratic House Majority and in 2022, that’s what we will continue to do,” said Abby Curran Horrell, executive director of the committee, which is affiliated with Democratic leadership.

The Pennsylvania attorney general, Josh Shapiro, the Democratic nominee for governor, defended his campaign’s advertisement declaring a win for Mr. Mastriano in the Republican governor’s primary as “a win for what Donald Trump stands for.”

“What we did was start the general election campaign and demonstrate the clear contrast, the stark differences between he and I,” Mr. Shapiro said on CNN.

But it is not clear that Democrats will be able to maintain control over what they may unleash, especially in a year when their party’s president is suffering through record low approval ratings and inflation has hit rates not seen in 40 years. A Suffolk University poll released on Wednesday found Mr. Shapiro running only 4 percentage points ahead of Mr. Mastriano in the state’s crucial governor’s race.
    In Pennsylvania, it worries me that a race in which a moderate Democrat is going against a crazy Republican (Attorney General Josh Shapiro VS former state senator Doug Mastriano) is much narrower than the race between a more extreme Democrat and a more moderate Republican (John Fetterman VS Mehmet Oz.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

In fairness, it worked out for the Clintons in '16.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

This is good.

The Biden administration is banning the use of land mines by the United States across most of the globe, in a decision that reverses Trump-era rules allowing greater employment of the weapons that are blamed for killing thousands of civilians a year — most of them children.

The move, which the White House announced Tuesday, caps an extended internal review of a policy enacted in early 2020 that empowered military commanders to use the mines globally in certain situations. It allows the United States to use the weapons along ally South Korea’s border with North Korea, though U.S. mines are not currently placed there.

Officials said the new policy reflected the Biden administration’s belief that human rights must be a significant factor when considering when to use weapons or provide them to other countries.

As a presidential candidate, Joe Biden promised to roll back what he characterized as President Donald Trump’s “reckless” stance on mines. Officials have framed the policy, which is identical to the Obama administration’s rules, as further proof of the Biden administration’s commitment to civilians’ welfare and to human rights. The United States is also the largest supporter of efforts to destroy conventional weapons including land mines and other unexploded munitions.
    Biden administration reverses Trump-era rules on land mines
    Last edited by CaptainEurope; 06-21-2022 at 11:13 PM.

This is who conservatives in this thread have defended.

chrisrufo.jpg

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Biden has proposed suspending the federal gas tax for three months, knocking almost twenty cents off the current cost of a gallon of gas. Now, considering how Qpublicans have whined about the sky high price of fuel, will they help Americans by agreeing to Biden’s plan, or will they stick to their strategy of obstructing every proposal Biden makes because it helps them instead?

I could be wrong, but, I think we all know the answer to that question.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Biden has proposed suspending the federal gas tax for three months, knocking almost twenty cents off the current cost of a gallon of gas. Now, considering how Qpublicans have whined about the sky high price of fuel, will they help Americans by agreeing to Biden’s plan, or will they stick to their strategy of obstructing every proposal Biden makes because it helps them instead?

Biden could walk on water tomorrow and Republicans would criticize him for wearing shoes while he did it.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Thanks guys, it's been rough. I watched my Dad go through 2 rounds of chemo before he passed years ago, and I don't think pets can comprehend that the suffering it causes is meant to make them better in the end. So it was just give him pain meds until he stopped eating.
    Really sorry, Dalak. I've gone through this twice with our own cats, and it's so heartbreaking. I hope you're okay, and that you have some good support right now.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

We did that in Germany, and the money went right to the large corporations, prices basically did not go down at all. The move would only work if accompanied by an anti price gauging measure.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    We did that in Germany, and the money went right to the large corporations, prices basically did not go down at all. The move would only work if accompanied by an anti price gauging measure.
    Republicans done sided with oil companies on that measure weeks ago.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

What a shock. And yet there are still a lot of talking heads that like to play up the narrtive that the GOP is moving away from Trump and his influence is wanning.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    What a shock. And yet there are still a lot of talking heads that like to play up the narrtive that the GOP is moving away from Trump and his influence is wanning.
    Thy did in the Georgia primaries yesterday, though. His candidates there failed. Bigly.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Thy did in the Georgia primaries yesterday, though. His candidates there failed. Bigly.
    Over all nation wide though. More Trump backed won then not.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.