Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Thy did in the Georgia primaries yesterday, though. His candidates there failed. Bigly.
    However, Trump lackeys Doug Mastriano and Mehmet Oz won their primaries here in Pennsylvania for governor and the Senate respectively.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    However, Trump lackeys Doug Mastriano and Mehmet Oz won their primaries here in Pennsylvania for governor and the Senate respectively.
    Same with JD Vance in Ohio who went from "I hate Trump." To "I love Trump." The second he decided to run. And there were a few candidates for the Ohio State house that Trump backed that won also. Asl well as several across the country. This is the party of Trump. To pretend otherwise s foolish and dangerous.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Our surviving adult doesn't seem too happy with the new arrivals, but so far she has only growled, hissed, and tried multiple times to eat their food. She has left the vicinity rather than attacking, but we are watching. The playpen arrives Wednesday, and after that they are going to get food at the same time, on opposite sides of the enclosure.
    Here the outnumbering would come the other way so I don't want to risk the kitten yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Really sorry, Dalak. I've gone through this twice with our own cats, and it's so heartbreaking. I hope you're okay, and that you have some good support right now.
    I have a roomie here in FL, but most of my support network is in TX and they are helping as much as they can digitally but it's not quite the same. I'm coping though it's still rough. I'm thankful for all the well wishes.

Guess that will free up time for Mo Brooks to enlist in that "War on Whites" he was banging on about for years.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    In Pennsylvania, it worries me that a race in which a moderate Democrat is going against a crazy Republican (Attorney General Josh Shapiro VS former state senator Doug Mastriano) is much narrower than the race between a more extreme Democrat and a more moderate Republican (John Fetterman VS Mehmet Oz.)
    So to you Fetterman is an extreme Lefty and Oz is a moderate? Who's at your center? Tucker Carlson?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

On this date in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, as well as 2021, “Fanatical Republican Extremist of the Day” published profiles of South Carolina State Senator Danny Verdin, a terribly conservative member of that body who did not come to our attention because he believes in banning abortion without exceptions for rape and incest, not for his support of allowing concealed firearms in establishments that serve alcohol, not because he voted for an attempt to nullify the Affordable Care Act in his state, and not because he loves Voter ID legislation that disenfranchises hundreds of thousands of voters. No, what gets our attention more about Danny Verdin is the hard-on he has for the Confederacy, as he is closely affiliated with the Sons of Confederate Veterans, having once served as president of their South Carolina chapter, and that he also helped organize protests to the removal of the Confederate flag from South Carolina state grounds back in 2000 with the white supremacist group, the Council of Conservative Citizens.

And don’t think for a moment that Verdin separates his hobbies from his political interests one bit, as he has spoken on the floor of the South Carolina legislature and invoked the attack on Fort Sumter with pride. Verdin would also like the 14th Amendment of our Constitution repealed, referring to immigrants being granted citizenship as a “malady” or “poison” upon the country. It should come as little surprise, then, that even after the assassination of Reverend Clementa Pinckney and several of his flock at the Emanuel AME Church by a shooter motivated by Confederate imagery to commit a hate crime, when the state legislature voted to remove the Confederate flag from state grounds… well, Danny Verdin wanted it kept around. Even the assassination of one of his colleagues was not enough to deter his ardor for a racist emblem from a rebellion against the United States based on people not wanting to give up their slaves. Verdin is also ethically challenged, as within the past several years he tried passing two separate pieces of legislation that would specifically aid his private business as a veterinarian into the South Carolina legislature, including mandatory testing upon hogs before transport, and to shut down mobile vet clinics (that compete with his own non-mobile clinic). Most lawmakers would recuse themselves on a vote on a bill like this if one came up, but to introduce it oneself is about as crooked as it gets.

Now, here's the depressing part... we had hoped that in the wake of the shooting in Charleston, a challenger to Danny Verdin would emerge in 2016, and hold his feet to the fire regarding his unstoppable urge to drape himself in the Ol' Stars &Bars That left him in the legislature so he can do things like sponsor legislation to bring back the firing squad as a method of execution in South Carolina, and vote for fetal heartbeat abortion legislation that would outlaw abortion at six weeks and doesn’t even considering whether or not the child was conceived through rape or incest.

Again, it’s now 2020, and no challenger has emerged to Danny Verdin for his State Senate seat, so this throwback to the gray side of the Civil War will remain a fixture in South Carolina politics and serve District 9 as a State Senator until at least 2024. Which of course, returned him to the state capitol to do what else… co-sponsor a fetal heartbeat abortion bill that effectively bans the procedure at 6 weeks, and threatens the Roe v. Wade ruling. Because he care so much about “life”. Meanwhile, within the same calendar season, the mother***er can vote to make the electric chair the default method of execution in the state, and vote to forbid businesses from firing employees who refuse to get vaccinated to continue work. Again, because he cares so much about “LIFE”. Since we have little to no update on Verdin at this time, we will pause on updating his profile to cover another wacky Republican today instead. (Current crazy/stupid scoreboard, is now 1112-55, since this was established in July 2014.

Jason Riddle

Welcome to what is the 1112th original profile here at “Fanatical Republican Extremist of the Day”, where we’ll be discussing Jason Riddle, one of nine Republican candidates duking it out in the 2022 GOP Primary to try to flip the seat held by Democratic Congresswoman Annie Kuster for New Hampshire’s 2nd Congressional District in November.

More importantly, Jason Riddle is a sedition-loving motherf***er who was arrested for his role in the coup attempt that took place at the U.S. Capitol on January 6th, 2021, and apparently he thinks returning to a workplace where he was once a part of a mob looking to murder his future co-workers looks great on his resume because of all the free attention that comes along with the balls of even running after that. He boasted openly about slamming down wine straight out of the bottle in the midst of the attack (and bragging about that detail is what helped a bunch of sedtion-hunters ID him on social media).

Considering his campaign slogan was “get back to work”, you have to ask what sort of “work” he had in mind, like say, doing a second coup.

For taking part in Donald Trump’s coup just got him a 90 day jail sentence that might make campaigning while behind bars too challenging to actually pull off a victory in the primary… But we wouldn’t trust Republican voters to not elect a felon who tried to help overthrow the branch of government he wants to join.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    So to you Fetterman is an extreme Lefty and Oz is a moderate? Who's at your center? Tucker Carlson?
    There are dips***s who do think Tucker Carlson is really "in the center" because "he used to be on MSNBC".

They're idiots, of course.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Fox Loses Bid To Dismiss Dominion Defamation Suit

Delaware Superior Court Judge Eric M. Davis on Tuesday denied Fox Corp.’s motion to dismiss the suit, saying Dominion Voting Systems had shown that the Murdochs may have been on notice that the conspiracy theory that rigged voting machines tilted the vote was false but let Fox News broadcast it anyway. Dominion cited in its suit a report that Rupert Murdoch spoke with Trump a few days after the election “and informed him that he had lost,” the judge noted.

As for the Murdochs, Davis ruled claims of actual malice had been met with respect to four specific allegations, including that the Murdochs “caused Fox News to broadcast false claims about Dominion even though they did not personally believe former President Trump’s election fraud narrative.”

Reminder: Dominion is suing Fox for $1.6 billion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    In the American political context, Fetterman seems to be on the left. He's a Bernie guy.

I'm not using support for Trump or vice versa as a proxy for conservatism, as much as some Republicans see things that way. Dr. Oz appeared to be moderate than Doug Mastriano or his rivals for Senate.

An actual centrist would be someone whose vote in an upcoming general election isn't obvious right now, someone who is willing to criticize the left and the right from the center.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    What a shock. And yet there are still a lot of talking heads that like to play up the narrtive that the GOP is moving away from Trump and his influence is wanning.
    Britt was leading Brooks before Trump's endorsement (and before Trump's unendorsement of Brooks.)

Brooks doesn't exactly come across as a serious candidate.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...op-runoff-loss

It's also better for Republicans to have a young mom in the Senate than another elderly white guy.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Biden has proposed suspending the federal gas tax for three months, knocking almost twenty cents off the current cost of a gallon of gas. Now, considering how Qpublicans have whined about the sky high price of fuel, will they help Americans by agreeing to Biden’s plan, or will they stick to their strategy of obstructing every proposal Biden makes because it helps them instead?

I could be wrong, but, I think we all know the answer to that question.
    There seems to be pushback from Democratic congressional leadership.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...liday-00041244

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    This is who conservatives in this thread have defended.

Attachment 122032
    If there's anything people posted that you disagree with, or that appears unfortunate in the context of his recent comments, be specific.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    This may represent a problem for anyone who shares a land border with Russia.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

If there's anything people posted that you disagree with, or that appears unfortunate in the context of his recent comments, be specific.
    I think I was plenty specific. You, and other conservatives in this thread, have defended Rufo.

I think I was plenty specific. You, and other conservatives in this thread, have defended Rufo.
    So what have I said that you disagree with?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I'm kinda torn on this one in a way. On one hand I applaud what Jon Stewart has done for comedy , the Daily Show and 9/11 1st responders by standing by them. The other negative side he's started floating the Wuhan Lab crap the past year and its ...sad.

Stewart won the Mark Twain Prize for comedy and had a host of people thank him. Steve Carroll , Jimmy Kimmel , Olivia Munn , Pete Davison , Stephen Colbert and....yes Dave Chappelle did spots on stage.

Under Stewart the Daily Show was like a training ground for comics in a way. Colbert , Carroll and others have cycled through the past 2 decades and went onto bigger fame. In ways Stewart never got that same fame but he was seen as a Walter Cronkite type with jokes and all. I loved the Daily Show then under him.

Its one of those things where you I won't agree with Stewart's current deal. But the guy in the past did a lot of good things.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

So what have I said that you disagree with?
    Again: I recall you defended Rufo. This transphobic garbage human is who you've spent your time defending. He doesn't need you to defend him further and I hope you won't do it. I hope you reconsider who you listen to and what you thought that lead you to do it in the first place.

I won't hold my breath. And if I'm wrong, and you *haven't* defended Rufo, then my apologies. I hope we can agree he's an awful human being who's inflammatory rhetoric about trans people and critical race theory is doing immesurable harm to real people.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 06-22-2022 at 08:16 AM.

Again: I recall you defended Rufo. This transphobic garbage human is who you've spent your time defending. He doesn't need you to defend him further and I hope you won't do it. I hope you reconsider who you listen to and what you thought that lead you to do it in the first place.

I won't hold my breath. And if I'm wrong, and you *haven't* defended Rufo, then my apologies. I hope we can agree he's an awful human being who's inflammatory rhetoric about trans people and critical race theory is doing immesurable harm to real people.
    You can use the search function to find anything I've had to say about Rufo. If there's something you disagree with, by all means, post it.

I don't like the implication that the important thing is to be on the right side, rather than to be correct on the factual question at hand.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

You can use the search function to find anything I've had to say about Rufo. If there's something you disagree with, by all means, post it.

I don't like the implication that the important thing is to be on the right side, rather than to be correct on the factual question at hand.
    Rufo is liar and inflammatory propagandist who's attempting to incite a trans moral panic that's going to make life worse for trans people and cause irreparable harm to others. Conservatives approvingly repeat his slander. That's what's true here, Mets. Those are the facts. This is someone you have approvingly cited on CRT.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 06-22-2022 at 09:10 AM.