I mean, let's put this in incredibly basic terms...

There were plenty of times where Republicans were not actually in a position to repeal the ACA.

Now, armed with that established set of facts?

As yourself how many times they actually attempted to repeal it anyway...

Once you have?

Ask yourself if you can really say the same thing about Democrats commitment to trying to get a "Reproductive Rights..." package through at the Federal level.

Again, it is not exactly unfair for folks to point to all of the things you never actually did, and say "Well, you never actually did X/Y/Z..."

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

The Dems did have a supermajority in 2009. But none was in favor of codifying Roe. I don't know who should be blamed for that.
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    The sad fact is, Progressives only dream about "The Revoloution", but conservatives went ahead and did it!
    I've always said I actually admired how the the angry rightwing base actually kicked the establishment Republicans out of their own party.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I mean, let's put this in incredibly basic terms...

There were plenty of times where Republicans were not actually in a position to repeal the ACA.

Now, armed with that established set of facts?

As yourself how many times they actually attempted to repeal it anyway...

Once you have?

Ask yourself if you can really say the same thing about Democrats commitment to trying to get a "Reproductive Rights..." package through at the Federal level.

Again, it is not exactly unfair for folks to point to all of the things you never actually did, and say "Well, you never actually did X/Y/Z..."
    So you are mad they didn't keep voting for something that would not pass and only energize the evangelical GOP base more? Great strategy.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    So you are mad they didn't keep voting for something that would not pass and only energize the evangelical GOP base more? Great strategy.
    Got nothing to do with it...

Past that?

If folks are disillusioned with what the party actually has done?

I can't really point to much that says they should not be.

Never mind that "Energize The Evangelical GOP Base More..." is a flat out dumb angle.

They are, and always have been, at one hundred and ten percent. The idea that you will get them more engaged based on what you do is just incredibly foolish.

Meanwhile, you can wind up with an electorate that does not have reason to believe that you won't just sit on your hands.

It's just hard to wind up with them if it always looks exactly like you are completely fine with just sitting on your hands...

Yeah saving the economy and giving them Healthcare wasn't enough, if they only voted on a failed abortion law, everyone would vote for them.

This is what you call doing nothing.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...tates_Congress

And of course you still want to blame the Democrats for something Republicans did. Par for the course.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 06-24-2022 at 06:20 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Yeah saving the economy and giving them Healthcare wasn't enough, if they only voted on a failed abortion law, everyone would vote for them.

And of course you still want to blame the Democrats for something Republicans did. Par for the course.
    So what's your solution then? ��
    8-29-53/11-30-21

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    So what's your solution then? ��
    The only solution. Is for enough voters to wake the F up. But that probably won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    I've seen Boomtown once in person.

That was all the Missouri I could take in one lifetime.

I spent a few months as an insurance salesman. Got to travel all over Missouri, to places I didn't even know existed, like Moscow Mills. I got to meet all sorts of people in their homes. And every single one was incredibly nice and friendly. And I'm sure about 2/3 of them would vote against their own interests, just because the candidate has an 'R' next to their name. And for the life of me, I could never understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    The Dems did have a supermajority in 2009. But none was in favor of codifying Roe. I don't know who should be blamed for that.
    Politicians have considered abortion rights to be a third rail of politics, ever since Roe was first decided. I'm sure they felt that the court would never overturn it, and it was just easier to live with Roe instead of trying to pass a law.

And yeah, the Democrats had a supermajority in 2009, and Obama used that as an opportunity to pass a health care law- which was something that he had promised to both the American people, and to Ted Kennedy for his support in the election. And it cost him a lot- enough that he lost his majority in the midterms, and never regained it for the rest of his Presidency.

People seem to think the President can wave his hand, and magically things get done. But that's not a President, that's a KING. Which we fought a whole revolution to get rid of. People think the same thing with Biden, which is honestly starting to piss me off. HE CAN'T DO ANYTHING. He can write some limited executive orders that the courts can then block, and he can try to shame the Republicans- which wont work, because they have no shame. Until he gets over 60 in the Senate- or enough in the Senate that they can finally do away with the filibuster without needing Manchin.

If you said that the first thing you would do is reproductive rights in front of Planned Parenthood?

Then, no...

Politely?

That is no different than organized labor having their doubts about Biden based on what Obama/Biden did on card check.

If it was something that you said would be the first thing that you would do?

It needs to, at the very least, look like it is a priority.

Anything but that is a recipe for disillusioned voters that might otherwise come out to pull a lever for you.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The only solution. Is for enough voters to wake the F up. But that probably won't happen.
    And therein lies the problem. People right now have misplaced their anger, fixated over high gas prices and inflation to worry, or care about their rights being eroded. By the time the realization sets in, it’ll already be too late.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If you said that the first thing you would do is reproductive rights in front of Planned Parenthood?

Then, no...

Politely?

That is no different than organized labor having their doubts about Biden based on what Obama/Biden did on card check.

If it was something that you said would be the first thing that you would do?

It needs to, at the very least, look like it is a priority.

Anything but that is a recipe for disillusioned voters that might otherwise come out to pull a lever for you.
    And yet, he still kept all his voters in 2012, because you are making this so e great betrayal that it wasn't. And you want to disregard in every way what happened between 2007 and 2009. But then that is what you do.

And yet, he still kept all his voters in 2012, because you are making this so e great betrayal that it wasn't. And you want to disregard in every way what happened between 2007 and 2009. But then that is what you do.
    Unless these folks are posting with my account without me knowing anything about it?

https://twitter.com/MizTeeFranklin/s...obama-abortion

https://twitter.com/ManuclearBomb/st...obama-abortion

You, politely, have that wrong...

The only good thing (if you can call it that) about the Roe decision is that finally, they have shown their hand.

We know what they did, and will do, the only question remains, can any of the Democrats rise to the challenge?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.