Page 314 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 2142643043103113123133143153163173183243644148141314 ... LastLast
Results 4,696 to 4,710 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    This Tuesday rally is supposed to be some kind of "Students for Trump" event... so if it's true to its purpose, it should have been an attempt to get younger Republicans behind him. One of the two founders of said group landed himself in jail for wire fraud. The other is an associate of one of the organizers of Charlottesville's "Unite the Right" rally. It has been bought by the Turning Point USA group, and their use of the group has already resulted in it being investigated for tax code violations.

Nobody knows how many people there are in the "Students for Trump" group, in reality. They have 29K followers on Twitter, and 59K on Instagram. How many students can afford to travel to Arizona, and get there during a pandemic... well, I guess we'll find out Tuesday. But for this venue to fill up, I'd have to think they'd have to open it up to the general public and not just their own. If you couldn't find but a few thousand Trump supporters in Tulsa on a Saturday when that was "all ages", a youth outreach thing to get the very rare "Trump supporter under 30" demographic in the 3,000 range could be another failure. They gotta bring in the fat old boomers.
    The optics of this might be even more interesting that Tulsa. I hope there are enough people there to take pictures, not of Trump but of the attendees.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Hey, for anyone who is wanting to read John Bolton's book, but doesn't want to give the SOB any money for it- the PDF of the book is being 'given away for free' on Twitter. You may have to search through a few posts first though, before you find a file that hasn't been pulled down yet

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    This Tuesday rally is supposed to be some kind of "Students for Trump" event... so if it's true to its purpose, it should have been an attempt to get younger Republicans behind him. One of the two founders of said group landed himself in jail for wire fraud. The other is an associate of one of the organizers of Charlottesville's "Unite the Right" rally. It has been bought by the Turning Point USA group, and their use of the group has already resulted in it being investigated for tax code violations.

Nobody knows how many people there are in the "Students for Trump" group, in reality. They have 29K followers on Twitter, and 59K on Instagram. How many students can afford to travel to Arizona, and get there during a pandemic... well, I guess we'll find out Tuesday. But for this venue to fill up, I'd have to think they'd have to open it up to the general public and not just their own. If you couldn't find but a few thousand Trump supporters in Tulsa on a Saturday when that was "all ages", a youth outreach thing to get the very rare "Trump supporter under 30" demographic in the 3,000 range could be another failure. They gotta bring in the fat old boomers.
    No way in hell Trump gets even one half of one percent of those numbers for tomorrow. The travel logistics would be bad enough under normal circumstances, getting to Arizona during the pandemic, and on short notice to boot would be right up there with the twelve labors of Hercules. That said, it'll be interesting to see how many of those "students" are grizzled, gap toothed, potbellied goobers wearing MAGA hats and waiving Confederate flags, or past their prime housefraus looking for a cheap thrill from seeing their orange skinned he-man up close and personal.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Hey, for anyone who is wanting to read John Bolton's book, but doesn't want to give the SOB any money for it- the PDF of the book is being 'given away for free' on Twitter. You may have to search through a few posts first though, before you find a file that hasn't been pulled down yet
    Easier option, just check your local library. I just checked my library's online catalog and it's listed already. You may have to wait, since many states still have libraries closed due to the virus.
    Last edited by Tami; 06-22-2020 at 06:56 AM.

I'm gonna pass, reviews have said that he's a bad writer. I'm sure the media will give me all the cliff notes I need.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    I'm gonna pass, reviews have said that he's a bad writer. I'm sure the media will give me all the cliff notes I need.
    Same. What can he say now that will matter enough to give him damn penny?

Already have taken peeks at it. Typically blames Obama/Democrats for everything even though republicans have been in charge for 4 years. LOLZ! Makes negative comments about trump's "style". Here's a passage where he makes it all about "him"...

On
 the 
Monday 
after 
the 
Syria 
attack, 
I 
flew
 with
 Trump 
to 
Florida, 
taking
    my 
first 
ride 
on 
Marine 
One 
from 
the 
South 
Lawn
 to 
Joint 
Base 
Andrews,
    and 
then 
Air 
Force 
One 
to 
Miami. 
Our 
destination 
was 
nearby 
Hialeah 
for 
a
    rally
 boosting
 Trump’s
 efforts
 to
 create
 a
 positive
 business
 climate.
 The
    over-five-hundred-strong
 audience
 consisted
 largely
 of
 Cuban-
 and
    Venezuelan-Americans,
 and
 when 
Trump 
introduced 
me, 
in 
the 
context 
of
    the
 Syria
 strike,
 I
 got
 a
 standing
 ovation.
 (SNIP)

I
 had 
long 
worked 
on 
these 
issues, 
and 
the 
crowd 
knew
    it 
even 
if 
Trump 
didn’t.
    He's a terrific ass & now has both sides loathing him. He's a putz. 

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Same. What can he say now that will matter enough to give him damn penny?
    Seconded. Bolton chose to put greed ahead of patriotism when he refused to testify at the impeachment hearings. No way in hell will I line his pockets after that.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Honestly, it feels kind of like the state is willing to roll the dice on it's share of the gambling income.

The "Self-Serve" Lotto machines have been up and running the entire time, and I would imagine some of them would be more of a potential threat than a place that someone will probably at least be attempting to sanitize.
    You could have campaigned for Hillary.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Ultimate Member

One thing that does make me wonder...

If Bolton was witness to all this treason, did Trump even try to conceal it? Who else saw what?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    One thing that does make me wonder...

If Bolton was witness to all this treason, did Trump even try to conceal it? Who else saw what?
    I doubt Trump is the kind of person who hides anything, except his health records and his taxes, or and his relationship with Putin and other dictators. or maybe it's just that he isn't very good at hiding things. He's loud, boisterous , braggart, who wants attention. He insists on loyalty, so he expects that those around him are loyal, which means he says and does pretty much whatever he pleases. When a Bolton situation comes up, he thinks he can bully, legate, intimidate, or in some other way keep them from talking. Doesn't always work.

So, yes, pretty much everyone who is in the WH, plus some in Congress, know what Trump is up to. I suspect that, once it is clear that Trump will lose the election, most will scramble to cover their backsides and seek shelter elsewhere.
    Last edited by Tami; 06-22-2020 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I doubt Trump is the kind of person who hides anything, except his health records and his taxes, or and his relationship with Putin and other dictators. or maybe it's just that he isn't very good at hiding things. He's loud, boisterous , braggart, who wants attention. He insists on loyalty, so he expects that those around him are loyal, which means he says and does pretty much whatever he pleases. When a Bolton situation comes up, he thinks he can bully, legate, intimidate, or in some other way keep them from talking. Doesn't always work.

So, yes, pretty much everyone who is in the WH, plus some in Congress, know what Trump is up to. I suspect that, once it is clear that Trump will lose the election, most will scramble to cover their backsides and seek shelter elsewhere.
    He hides his height & weight. He wears "lifts" in his shoes. Ever see him try to go down a ramp? It's hilarious as he slides in his shoes every time he steps down/forward. Stairs are a thing for him too.

His weight is 239 "officially". That's one pound less than being labeled as morbidly obese. Funny, right?

BANNED

This trend of these sordid tell all books from disgruntled former government employees really needs to end. If this information is so vital that it really needs to be out there, then you need to come out and say it when it's still relevant, not try to profit off of it later.

The Trump administration is still attempting to block the distribution of Boltons book on security grounds despite it already passing review by the military and intelligence services.
    Basically, they're trying to blow out the match after their house is already burning.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 06-22-2020 at 10:39 AM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    The Trump administration is still attempting to block the distribution of Boltons book on security grounds despite it already passing review by the military and intelligence services.
    Basically, they're trying to blow out the match after their house is already burning.
    Trump is already on record calling Bolton's book nothing but lies. If that's the case, why should Spongedon Whinepants care about sundry falsehoods and prevarications in a tell-all from a disgruntled former employee....unless of course the REAL concern is over how horribad he comes off looking, and, as we've all seen, Trump is obsessed about his image.