Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The coup attempt isn't a deal-breaker. The candidates who are literal domestic terrorists, white nationalists, or Neo-Nazis isn't a dealbreaker. The indifference to death or suffering isn't a dealbreaker.

Anybody that can't swear off of the above, I wouldn't trust to honor any bet. Especially when they move goalposts even more than Mitch McConnell over Supreme Court nominees.
    To be honest I would not want him to honor it any way. I would rather a person vote for hate honestly then agaisnt it by force.

I am big on voting rights. There are too many people that fought to make it a right for the citizens of this country. So many people are still fighting for it because the GOP wants to rip it away/ Too many people in this world can not go out and do it. They dont have that right.

So to dangle it as a prize in an internet bet is offensive to me and should be to everyone.

*I'll get Off my soapbox now*
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I also want to point out that it says a lot for a person that the only way they will not vote for the party of hate and Nut jobs is if they lose a bet forcing them to do so.
    I do vote for Democrats on occassion.

The GOP talking heads keep talking about how we are over reacting about Thomas talking about Gay Marriage and Contraception. Because Alito said they are not on the table. Well last time I checked Alito is one voice on a GOP packed SC. 3 Judges put there by a racist, homophobic/ transphobic nut job who have already showed they lied when they had their conformation hearings.

So we are trusting a group of Judges that are part of a party that is openly racist, openly views that gay and Trans citizens are not people, lied about taking the rights awya from woman and cheer about it and one judge whose wife actively wanted to over turn a legal election.

These are the people America is told to put our trust in. These are the people that Mets says we can trust. And he is so trusting that he is willing to wager his vote (a solemn right being taken away from many citizens) like it was a cheap doll at some state fair game booth.

All of this is insulting at every level. They think we are that stupid. And sadly it is working. I talked to a couple of my gay friends. One of them is not worried at all. "We are fine. The SC wont go that far." I called him a fucking idiot and hung up.
    I mage the wager comment because I'm quite confident in the result. It would be a cheap wager if there was doubt.

I think part of the response to the comment comes from an understanding that I was right, that there is no realistic chance that the Supreme Court will reverse Brown and Loving. And that's a bit embarrassing so it's better to pretend to care about a different higher principle.

The higher principle for me is the need to be correct. One lesson of January 6 is that we need more disciplined political conversation, and part of it is that if someone says anything heated and exaggerated, the people on that side should tamp it down.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I do vote for Democrats on occassion.

I mage the wager comment because I'm quite confident in the result. It would be a cheap wager if there was doubt.

I think part of the response to the comment comes from an understanding that I was right, that there is no realistic chance that the Supreme Court will reverse Brown and Loving. And that's a bit embarrassing so it's better to pretend to care about a different higher principle.

The higher principle for me is the need to be correct. One lesson of January 6 is that we need more disciplined political conversation, and part of it is that if someone says anything heated and exaggerated, the people on that side should tamp it down.
    It doesnt matter how you defend it. Not at all not to me. The fact that you used it as a chip to begin with. The fact that you risk it in the need to be right over any thing else bothers me a great deal. There are people in GA and TX in the mid terms that it will be damn near impossible for them to vote. In other countries people cant vote at all. And if you cared as much about election integrity at all as your party claims you should not make a bet that forces someone to vote your way. Im glad no one took you up on it.

And you are willing risking throwing it all away because you "Need to be correct." Thats the way a petty 5 year old acts. Not a grown man who claims he has integrity and values.

This is my last post on this subject. You can defend it fine. But the actions of it speak louder then anything you or I will say.
    Last edited by babyblob; 06-26-2022 at 07:19 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    What compromise is there in regards to women's reproductive health?
    I would suggest a compromise where abortion only gets banned for registered Republicans and their spouses.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    I would suggest a compromise where abortion only gets banned for registered Republicans and their spouses.
    And their mistresses, please.

It doesnt matter how you defend it. Not at all not to me. The fact that you used it as a chip to begin with. The fact that you risk it in the need to be right over any thing else bothers me a great deal. There are people in GA and TX in the mid terms that it will be damn near impossible for them to vote. In other countries people cant vote at all. And if you cared as much about election integrity at all as your party claims you should not make a bet that forces someone to vote your way. Im glad no one took you up on it.

And you are willing risking throwing it all away because you "Need to be correct." Thats the way a petty 5 year old acts. Not a grown man who claims he has integrity and values.

This is my last post on this subject. You can defend it fine. But the actions of it speak louder then anything you or I will say.
    I get that this is meaningful to you, but I do think a part of the response to the post is that you guys don't want to be held accountable for silly predictions that would demonstrate a poor understanding of modern politics.

You guys insist that Republicans be disciplined, but don't hold your side to the same standard.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I get that this is meaningful to you, but I do think a part of the response to the post is that you guys don't want to be held accountable for silly predictions that would demonstrate a poor understanding of modern politics.

You guys insist that Republicans be disciplined, but don't hold your side to the same standard.
    Glad you think they are silly, when at least 4 Justices want to undo those Rights and last count I saw 9 States have passed ending Gay Marriage trigger laws.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

There is no point in arguing with a right wing troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Glad you think they are silly, when at least 4 Justices want to undo those Rights and last count I saw 9 States have passed ending Gay Marriage trigger laws.
    4 Justices want to undo Brown V. Board of Education, as well as Loving V. Virginia? I was unaware of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    There is no point in arguing with a right wing troll.
    What position do I hold that is so unreasonable?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

The French newspapers are holding back respectfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Just taking away the rights of Americans. Those wacky silly Republicans. Arnt they just the goofiest Tee Hee.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    The French newspapers are holding back respectfully.

Damn! I hate how true this will be.

Meanwhile Don Jr. keeps proving he is batshit crazy with a post on his Insta that Roe V Wade was over turned because Obama made fun of his dad.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfMVK3mO...8-fcbba5fa9b8e

And good news on the police front (How often do we say that?) The Sheriff of Bexar County says he will not prosecute woman seeking abortions.

https://foxsanantonio.com/newsletter...uns-law-family

What position do I hold that is so unreasonable?
    An insistence of defending that any Republican does as fine would be a nice way to sum it up.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

meanwhile Don Jr. keeps proving he is batshit crazy with a post on his Insta that Roe V Wade was over turned because Obama made fun of his dad.

https://www.***************.com/dona...rce=reddit.com

And good news on the police front (How often do we say that?) The Sheriff of Bexar County says he will not prosecute woman seeking abortions.

https://foxsanantonio.com/newsletter...uns-law-family
    There's conservative sheriffs refusing to enforce gun laws or mask mandates, but I'm sure that folks on the right will scream their heads off about this as if they didn't set the precedent.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.