Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Justice Thomas wants the Supreme Court to revisit libel protections to make it easier for public figures to sue media organizations

https://news.yahoo.com/justice-thoma...142908011.html
    What he means, of course, is let the powerful squelch the criticism of their lessers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    He was 72. People die at that age. As much as we're all primed to go 'that's some serious epstein ****', he was, you know, older.
    Yep. he was old. Everyone is freaking out because his death and the announcement of the hearing today. So the Tin Foil's are going nuts. I just didnt know if the police said anything official like it doenst look odd.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    What he means, of course, is let the powerful squelch the criticism of their lessers.
    Let's not forget that his wife, the wife of a sitting Supreme Court Justice, tried to overthrow the Government.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Let's not forget that his wife, the wife of a sitting Supreme Court Justice, tried to overthrow the Government.
    You mean she organized a peaceful protest. Lets not over react here. This isnt CNN.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I think there's a mistake to make this about Hillary VS Trump, when this has been a Republican VS Democrat issue. And this may cut to a problem in modern politics, where Democrats sometimes win with rock star candidates (JFK, Bill Clinton, Obama) which gets them to think about personalities as opposed to policy. They'll message about how Obama would be a great guy to have a beer with, which does absolutely nothing for downballot candidates or the next nominee.
    While I agree that it IS more a Republican vs Democrat issue, for the 2020 election Hillary vs Trump was very much a part of the outcome. Those two personalities drove people to the polls.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Uvalde mother who got out of cuffs to rescue kids from shooting is now being harassed by police, lawyer says

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ebe40127ce48c4
    I'm shocked, shocked.... well, not that shocked. They didn't want to do their damn jobs when it counted, but they sure have time to harass a REAL hero.

The Migrates dying in Texas is tragic. No One should have to risk their life in such a fashion for a chance at a better life.

And I am wondering ig Fox News even knows the meaning of the term Open Borders. Of course the deaths are the fault of Biden and Open Boarders and it is tragic that he allowed this to happen (All of the sudden caring about the deaths of minorities because they can slam Biden.)

But if Biden and the Dems have Open borders as the GOP and talking heads claim why are people being smuggled in on trucks? Talking about open boarders and how there is a free pass no questions asked getting into the country yet 50 people died on in a truck trying to sneak in.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Yeah, I think it is amazing in this country how Republicans can get away with doing things that a large majority of people oppose (overturning Roe v Wade) or blocking efforts to do things which most Americans support (sensible gun laws) and suffer virtually no ill effects, yet if Democrats did something that was just as unpopular it would be a nail in their coffin.
    Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    That's exactly it. Same reason it's so hard to pass reasonable firearm regulations that the majority of even gun owners and NRA members when polled back as common-sense measures. Same reason people acted like children when asked to wear a mask and keep some distance from others, and god help them if they were going to take a shot. Nobody's the villain of their own story, but the majority of the motivation behind conservative thinking is not growing beyond that 5-year-old mindset of not wanting to be told what to do and not wanting to share what's theirs (taxes).
    Yep, they're a bunch of sad babies. It would be embarrassing, were they still capable of shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Speaking of this whole thing, let's not forget the moment that kid is born, the moment that the mom or anyone tries to get help, and God forbid the mom is not perfect, the GOP start to scream bloody murder about lazy and entitled women and Welfare Queens, and getting a job where they can't make enough money and oh yeah, three jobs and you can't watch your kid time to call DCFS on their ass. Not to mention the Foster care system. And adopting a kid. Its all **** you, your on your own after the kid is born.
    100% It's a mess and it's well past time for our so-called leaders to pass meaningful legislation to build a capable social safety net for the less fortunate people in this country.

I can't help but wonder what the GOP's long term plan is if they ever hope to be taken seriously. In, like, 20 years there will likely be no appetite in the populace for their fascist shenanigans. Which speaks to their current "loot everything and burn it down" playbook.

They don't care about the future, ain't like most of them wielding power now are gonna be around, so what does it matter?

It's just so brazen.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Especially when the ultimate response could be change party affiliation and caucus with the Republicans. And with it goes any appointment Biden tries to make, and even with budget reconciliation McConnell would then be deciding the agenda. Biden would only get to decide whether or not to veto it.
    I just don’t see Manchin doing that. He’s too invested in the WV Democratic Party and the power it gives him in that state and D. C. to dump it and become just another Republican having to kiss Trumps and McConnells asses.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

After the hearings today. Anyone that doesnt want to vote Democrat because they didnt "Earn" Your vote in 2022 and 2024? I have no idea what to say to people like that.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    After the hearings today. Anyone that doesnt want to vote Democrat because they didnt "Earn" Your vote in 2022 and 2024? I have no idea what to say to people like that.
    I can think of a few things but most of them are against the rules of the forum.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

In other news of the day, I heard that Ghislaine Maxwell was sentenced to 20 years in prison for grooming underage girls to be abused by Jeffrey Epstein.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

And in some other good News. Turkey has dropped their Objections to Sweden and Finland Joining Nato.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/28/polit...ato/index.html

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    In other news of the day, I heard that Ghislaine Maxwell was sentenced to 20 years in prison for grooming underage girls to be abused by Jeffrey Epstein.
    Wow....I had forgotten all about her. She deserves it for misleading so many girls and having them become sex slaves. I wish they could have proved that Trump was part of that clique. There was one young woman that was going to testify to that but she sort of disappeared or perhaps went underground due to threats.

Poltico keeps the affadavit from September 2016 on their website, maybe in hopes that one day Trump will be prosecuted if the witness comes out of the shadows.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

I notice the posters who usually tell me that Trump is untouchable have been awfully quiet.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

And in some other good News. Turkey has dropped their Objections to Sweden and Finland Joining Nato.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/28/polit...ato/index.html
    That is good news. NATO has boosted their troops to 300,000 and they are on high alert in case Putin gets ideas.