Page 318 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 2182683083143153163173183193203213223283684188181318 ... LastLast
Results 4,756 to 4,770 of 75153
    Incredible Member

Poor guy didn't see what hit him! Great job, Keilar!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Trump Baselessly Accuses Obama Of ‘Treason’

“Let’s see what happens to them now,” the president said, once again attempting to shift blame for campaign interference to his predecessor. Well, of course he did. *heavy sigh*

Mike Pence Reportedly Voted Via ‘Rigged’ Mail System, Joining Other Officials (And Trump)

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo calls the Trump administration’s attacks on mail-in ballots a “setup” so the president can cry foul when he loses the election.

Confederate Flag-Waving Trump Supporter Praises KKK, Vows To Teach Hate

“I will teach my grandkids to hate you all,” the woman said at a Black Lives Matter protest. Remember, knuckledraggers like her will vote in November.

====================

In coronavirus news:

Surging U.S. Virus Cases Raise Fear That Progress Is Slipping

The number of newly confirmed coronavirus cases across the country per day has reached more than 26,000, according to a new analysis of data.

COVID-19 Will Rage ‘Like A Forest Fire’ In Unprepared America, Top Doc Warns

“I don’t think that this is going to slow down. Wherever there is wood to burn, this fire is going to burn,” Dr. Michael Osterholm said on “Meet the Press.”

More Young People Are Testing Positive For COVID-19, Particularly In The South

Health officials suspect younger populations have given up on social distancing, which could put older people at risk. A harsh reminder that coronavirus is still out there, and it doesn't discriminate based on age.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    We lay people could still have some sense of whether crimes have obviously been committed. If someone thinks that Mitch McConnell in a jail cell is a potential and preferred outcome, I'm curious about the argument.
    How do you think I'm being hypocritical?

If Democrats take the Senste and White House they're going to be able to select who they want for judicial appointments and the justice department.
    If Democrats were like Republicans they'd be chanting 'Lock them up' while not needing a rational reason for going after Republicans.

But they're not. Democrats need rational reasons to take steps against possible corruption. Unlike Republicans, Democrats will seek to work within the confines of the law, and to place their trust in the Prosecutors of the DOJ.

As for what are those rational reasons, I can not say which behaviors rise to the level of potentially criminal, I can not say what else has been done that the public isn't yet aware of.

That's why I'm not going to speculate as to what may or may not rise to the level of criminal, only that there has been enough questionable behavior to give the news media, pundits, and late night talk show hosts plenty of material to work with.

There are more questions than answers, but then again that's how many criminal investigations start.
    Last edited by Tami; 06-23-2020 at 05:22 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

====================

In coronavirus news:

Surging U.S. Virus Cases Raise Fear That Progress Is Slipping

The number of newly confirmed coronavirus cases across the country per day has reached more than 26,000, according to a new analysis of data.

COVID-19 Will Rage ‘Like A Forest Fire’ In Unprepared America, Top Doc Warns

“I don’t think that this is going to slow down. Wherever there is wood to burn, this fire is going to burn,” Dr. Michael Osterholm said on “Meet the Press.”

More Young People Are Testing Positive For COVID-19, Particularly In The South

Health officials suspect younger populations have given up on social distancing, which could put older people at risk. A harsh reminder that coronavirus is still out there, and it doesn't discriminate based on age.
    Didn't see this get a mention...

While I was listening to new radio in the truck last night, came across an interview with one of the Mayors in this piece. While I wouldn't bet the whole box of jellybeans, it also sounded like he intended on putting the breaks on moving to the "Phase 3" step of opening things back up.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/cor...243708217.html

Miami-Dade’s largest cities to require masks in public as COVID-19 numbers spike

"What if Democrats overreach with investigations?"

You might not be full of s*** with a statement like that if the GOP hadn't investigated Benghazi, found nothing, and then opened an investigation into the investigation... and you hadn't looked the other way and whistled for that whole four year stretch of endless taxpayer dollars being wasted.

You can see yourself out now.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Republican's worst fear is that they will at some point push Democrats to adopt their ruthless tactics.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

On this date in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, as well as 2019, "Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day" published profiles of the current U.S. House Representative from New Jersey’s 4th Congressional District, Christopher Smith, who is currently serving in his 19th term in office, and who we gave praise for his work in stopping international child sex trafficking. That however, does not change the fact that Smith is one of the worst anti-abortion zealots in our entire government, and has been linked to "7 Mountains" Dominionist groups of Fundamentalists who believe Christians are destined to take over all of American life. He has compared abortion to the Holocaust, and referred to it as "child slaughter" and prior to the 2012 election as well as in 2015 said that Barack Obama is “the abortion president” who has promoted “radically pro-abortion” people to the government who are promoting “evil” with an “anti-child, anti-woman mentality.” Not surprisingly, whenever a controversial pro-life bill hits the floor of the House, Rep. Smith is usually a sponsor or co-sponsor, including Personhood legislation, and attempts to redefine the definition of "rape" by doing things like classifying if it's "forcible" rape or not. When the Center for Medical Progress released their fraudulent video to frame Planned Parenthood (which Smith refers to PP as “Child Abuse, Inc”) in 2015, Smith still didn't hesitate to fire off one of the most unhinged press releases when the story first hit, graphically describing "crushing babies" and accusing Planned Parenthood supposedly selling "baby body parts". (Which were the exact things the mass shooter at the Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood was rambling about… so nice use of stochastic terror triggers there, Rep. Smith! As extreme as he is on the issue of abortion, he's also rather appalling on the issue of LGBT rights, not just being opposed to gay marriage, but trying to argue that homosexual rights are not human rights, and going with Rep. Trent Franks to the United Nations to demand they not give recognition to the International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission, siding with nations against them like Egypt, Angola, Burundi, China, Pakistan, Qatar, Russia and Sudan. (In all those countries but China, LGBTQ people can be jailed, fined, or whipped.) Nothing like allying yourself with the world’s classiest countries to deny rights to gays, right?

Christopher Smith was still re-elected in 2018 with 55% of the vote, His voting record since shows he’s still feverishly aligned with Donald Trump:

Again, we want to be clear. Congressman Chris Smith has done a great deal of good with the office he has held for 38 years. His work in preventing human trafficking is commendable. He has, in the past few years, argued for a permanent renewal of the Zadroga Act. But when it comes to women's rights and LGBTQ rights... well, those are a whole other story. He’s still been yelling his head off about Planned Parenthood and calling them “Child Abuse, INC when he speaks in front of religious right groups.

However, outside of “safe places” where he panders to his own element, Smith has spent the better part of three years hiding from his constituents in New Jersey’s 4th District like a coward rather than face them regarding a lot of his votes, and they were forced to host a town hall without him in February 2017. Of course, Rep. Smith hasn’t hosted a town hall in over a quarter century, so there’s that. This might be a sign that they should be in the market for a new Congressman. And apparently, people are less than thrilled, as protests took place at one of Smith’s fundraisers in March of 2017. So it’s okay to meet with your campaign donors, but not the actual people you represent. Got it.

New Jersey’s 4th District still has a +8 Republican lean, and Christopher Smith is now the last Republican standing in the New Jersey congressional delegation. The bad news for him in 2020? His opponent knows him probably better than anyone who’s ever faced him, because it’s Stephanie Schmid, a human rights activist who interned for Smith as a high schooler 23 years ago. Here's hoping this is one of those “the student has become the master” moments, and Schmid comes out on top to finish flipping all of New Jersey’s Congressional districts blue.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Republican's worst fear is that they will at some point push Democrats to adopt their ruthless tactics.
    If you ask me, Democrats should already have jumped in the mud pit and started swinging. Republicans made it plain they will not abide by the rule of law, or even decency and will lie, cheat, steal, do anything short of committing murder to win. For Democrats to remain honorable while the GOP flushed any semblance of morality down the toilet ages ago borders on foolish. Sure, for Dems to adopt the GOP's filthy tactics would invite the old "both sides are the same" canard, but, at this point, what else can they do? To keep Trump (and by extension, themselves) in power, the GOP is actively committing grand theft larceny with the 2020 elections, look at what's happening in Kentucky, anyone who thinks they won't pull that stunt nationwide is naïve as hell, Dems HAVE to fight back, or democracy as we know it in this country is effectively over. If that means getting down and dirty, then, by all means, make it so!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    If you ask me, Democrats should already have jumped in the mud pit and started swinging. Republicans made it plain they will not abide by the rule of law, or even decency and will lie, cheat, steal, do anything short of committing murder to win. For Democrats to remain honorable while the GOP flushed any semblance of morality down the toilet ages ago borders on foolish. Sure, for Dems to adopt the GOP's filthy tactics would invite the old "both sides are the same" canard, but, at this point, what else can they do? To keep Trump (and by extension, themselves) in power, the GOP is actively committing grand theft larceny with the 2020 elections, look at what's happening in Kentucky, anyone who thinks they won't pull that stunt nationwide is naïve as hell, Dems HAVE to fight back, or democracy as we know it in this country is effectively over. If that means getting down and dirty, then, by all means, make it so!
    Aren't the voters holding them back from that? And they haves trouble holding onto congress so even if they wanted to they can't throw Trump in jail without congress approval first and when he's out of power they'll lose interest. It's why W. Bush is no longer on a major priority to bring to justice.

Spectacular Member Kuro no Shinigami's Avatar

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Georgia joins fellow two red states - Florida and Texas on the top ten worst coronavirus-hit states list. Texas takes up the fifth spot in the ranks.

The Republicans care more about the economy than the health of the people.

Seven states including Florida have already reached over 100,000 coronavirus cases.

And ANOTHER one for WBE.

https://www.djournal.com/news/new-al...3f8c8ae3f.html

State Sen. Kathy Chism, R-New Albany, believes the Legislature should not change the state flag and has without any evidence claimed that a Black veteran of the Confederacy designed the flag.

Historical accounts widely attribute the design of Mississippi’s flag, which was adopted in 1894, to Edward Scudder. Scudder was a white state senator and attorney.

But in a Sunday Facebook post, Chism, a freshman lawmaker, made a different historical claim without referring to any sources.

“The MS flag was designed by an African American Confederate Soldier,” Chism wrote. “I can only imagine how proud he was that his art, his flag design was chosen to represent our State and now we want to strip him of his pride, his hard work. I’m sure he put a lot of thought into this design.”

An Army private was charged Monday with helping an occult neo-Nazi group to plan an attack on his unit.

The private allegedly shared information with the occult group about his unit’s weaponry, movements and location, in hopes that members of the group would facilitate an attack on his fellow troops, the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York said Monday. And when confronted with the evidence against him in late May, authorities alleged, the private confessed and declared himself a traitor against the United States.

The laundry list of charges against Ethan Metzer, the result of a global inter-agency investigation, was unveiled by the U.S. Attorney’s Office on Monday afternoon.

“As alleged, Ethan Melzer, a private in the U.S. Army, was the enemy within,” the acting U.S. attorney in the district, Audrey Strauss, said in a statement.

According to the grand jury indictment against him, Melzer joined the Satanic neo-Nazi group “Order of the Nine Angles,” or “O9A,” in 2019, while he was an Army private. The group was founded in the UK, and has been linked to modern “accelerationist” neo-Nazi groups like Atomwaffen, which seek to hasten societal conflict through violence.
    bUt AnTiFa111111

Meanwhile, actual white supremacists try to have their army units killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro no Shinigami View Post
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Georgia joins fellow two red states - Florida and Texas on the top ten worst coronavirus-hit states list. Texas takes up the fifth spot in the ranks.

The Republicans care more about the economy than the health of the people.

Seven states including Florida have already reached over 100,000 coronavirus cases.
    I have friends in Florida and, to put it plainly, they're worried sick about the virus.

Working in an Arizona hospital and running Covid-19 tests for me last two month...

I felt like Ash in the original Aliens with the motion tracker. I personally had one positive sample pop up during that stretch, and we had people in house with it... but it felt more like tracking the one bit of movement, getting mostly the cat, and then the xenomorph.

This week, well, it feels more like the sequel:

LOTTA POSITIVES. Like at least one a day that I'm personally running. And our Covid-19 isolation ward is just about full right now. S*** is getting real scary, real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Working in an Arizona hospital and running Covid-19 tests for me last two month...

I felt like Ash in the original Aliens with the motion tracker. I personally had one positive sample pop up during that stretch, and we had people in house with it... but it felt more like tracking the one bit of movement, getting mostly the cat, and then the xenomorph.

This week, well, it feels more like the sequel:

LOTTA POSITIVES. Like at least one a day that I'm personally running. And our Covid-19 isolation ward is just about full right now. S*** is getting real scary, real fast.
    Be safe, WBE. Much love for you.