Page 319 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 2192693093153163173183193203213223233293694198191319 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Working in an Arizona hospital and running Covid-19 tests for me last two month...

I felt like Ash in the original Aliens with the motion tracker. I personally had one positive sample pop up during that stretch, and we had people in house with it... but it felt more like tracking the one bit of movement, getting mostly the cat, and then the xenomorph.

This week, well, it feels more like the sequel:

LOTTA POSITIVES. Like at least one a day that I'm personally running. And our Covid-19 isolation ward is just about full right now. S*** is getting real scary, real fast.
    I saw a video clip from an Arizona nurse's journal, and it was hard to take. Stay safe and stay sane, good luck to you and your State.

Edit: Maybe luck isn't quite the right word, still I pray that Arizona, and the other states, don't get hit as hard as NY/NJ/CT.
    Last edited by Tami; 06-23-2020 at 04:51 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Be safe, WBE. Much love for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I saw a video clip from an Arizona nurse's journal, and it was hard to take. Stay safe and stay sane, good luck to you and your State.

Edit: Maybe luck isn't quite the right word, still I pray that Arizona, and the other states, don't get hit as hard as NY/NJ/CT.
    And if you see Doug Ducey, tell him I said, "F*** YOU!"

LOL.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Here in Germany, they are bringing back strict restrictions in one county in my state because there was a MASSIVE outbreak in connection to a meat processing plant. Like 1000 cases in one week just from that one super spreader factory. The good news is that the conservative governor of my state can pretty much forget about his plans of succeeding Merkel after the way he bumbled this.

I'm also hearing from a friend in Portugal that Lisbon is going back on partial lockdown because people were too negligent, too early.

I took the antibody test because I had a really bad cold earlier in the year, but it came back negative so I can continue to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Here in Germany, they are bringing back strict restrictions in one county in my state because there was a MASSIVE outbreak in connection to a meat processing plant. Like 1000 cases in one week just from that one super spreader factory. The good news is that the conservative governor of my state can pretty much forget about his plans of succeeding Merkel after the way he bumbled this.

I'm also hearing from a friend in Portugal that Lisbon is going back on partial lockdown because people were too negligent, too early.

I took the antibody test because I had a really bad cold earlier in the year, but it came back negative so I can continue to worry.
    Meat processing plants, farms, and other related industries here in the US are being hit hard as well. At least in Germany you're country's leadership didn't Executive Order the Meat Processing Plants to stay open just so they wouldn't run out of Whoppers and Taco Bowls.

Stay safe.

Check out this video clip The guy who did this can't even spell the word White correctly.

Game of Thrones fan?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Paramount Triggers UCC Auction on Kushner’s Times Square Retail Condo

The massive retail condominium owned by Kushner Companies at 229 West 43rd Street in Midtown Manhattan is headed for a Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) foreclosure auction scheduled for June 30, according to an auction notice from JLL, which is marketing the sale.
    The auction— which fast-tracks the foreclosure timeline — is being pursued by one of the property’s mezzanine lenders, Paramount Group, under the entity 229 WEST FUND VIII LP. Paramount had provided a $70 million mezzanine loan as part of larger refinancing in 2016.

The 251,000-square-foot asset will be sold at a “as is, where is” basis — all cash — at a password-protected virtual Zoom UCC auction that had previously been postponed and was originally scheduled for April 30, according to the listing, which was published by Commercial Mortgage Alert.

U.S. Soldier Admits Plotting With Neo-Nazi Cult to Kill Fellow Troops

An Army private confessed to sharing secret information with a satanic neo-Nazi-group in a plot to attack his own unit while it was overseas and cause “the deaths of as many of his fellow service members as possible,” federal prosecutors in Manhattan said on Monday.

The private, Ethan Phelan Melzer, was charged in an indictment unsealed this week with collaborating with the Order of the Nine Angles, or O9A, a group that prosecutors described as “an occult-based neo-Nazi and racially motivated violent extremist group.”

“Ethan Melzer, a private in the U.S. Army, was the enemy within,” said Audrey Strauss, the acting United States attorney in Manhattan, a job she moved into over the weekend after her predecessor, Geoffrey S. Berman, resigned under pressure from Attorney General William P. Barr.

Private Melzer, Ms. Strauss added, had tried “to orchestrate a murderous ambush on his own unit by unlawfully revealing its location, strength and armaments to a neo-Nazi, anarchist, white supremacist group.”

All Republicans straight up hate anybody that's not white.

Revealed: millions of Americans can’t afford water as bills rise 80% in a decade

Millions of ordinary Americans are facing rising and unaffordable bills for running water, and risk being disconnected or losing their homes if they cannot pay, a landmark Guardian investigation has found.

Exclusive analysis of 12 US cities shows the combined price of water and sewage increased by an average of 80% between 2010 and 2018, with more than two-fifths of residents in some cities living in neighbourhoods with unaffordable bills.

In the first nationwide research of its kind, our findings reveal the painful impact of America’s expanding water poverty crisis as aging infrastructure, environmental clean-ups, changing demographics and the climate emergency fuel exponential price hikes in almost every corner of the country.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Working in an Arizona hospital and running Covid-19 tests for me last two month...

I felt like Ash in the original Aliens with the motion tracker. I personally had one positive sample pop up during that stretch, and we had people in house with it... but it felt more like tracking the one bit of movement, getting mostly the cat, and then the xenomorph.

This week, well, it feels more like the sequel:

LOTTA POSITIVES. Like at least one a day that I'm personally running. And our Covid-19 isolation ward is just about full right now. S*** is getting real scary, real fast.
    Good Lord, man! Stay safe out there! PLEASE!

Oh, goody! Now the Nazis are IN our military. Anyone who thinks this turd was an outlier, I have some primo beachfront property in Montana you might be interested in.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

God, and if this were in a movie or some other work of fiction, it would have broken suspension of disbelief

Incredible Member

Hey, on a lighter note, imagine when all this mess is over (hopefully!) the number of great movies it will make!

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Hey, on a lighter note, imagine when all this mess is over (hopefully!) the number of great movies it will make!
    Possible Movie Titles:

"4 Years Without a President"

"Avengers: Stark Raving Mad"

"The Whistle-blower"

"Pandemic"

"Nightmare at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave"

"Take the Money and Run"

"Putin and Me"

"Stable Genus"

"American Civil War III"

"Tell All"

"Taking Back the State"

"The Golden Goose"

"Lost In Washington D.C."

"Delusion"

"Deep State"

"Why is Everybody Always Picking on Me"

"Emoluments Hotel"

"Cult of the Red Hat"

"Little White Lies"
    Last edited by Tami; 06-23-2020 at 08:54 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Possible Movie Titles:

"4 Years Without a President"

"Avengers: Stark Raving Mad"

"The Whistle-blower"

"Pandemic"

"Nightmare at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave"

"Take the Money and Run"

"Putin and Me"

"Stable Genus"

"American Civil War II"

"Tell All"

"Taking Back the State"

"The Golden Goose"

"Lost In Washington D.C."
    The second civil war is a Joe Dante TV movie you should absolutely see! I can't belive how visionnary this film was! I adviseeveryone to watch it!