Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Now a witness has talked about the incident who is NOT part of the USSS:

A Washington, DC, police officer has corroborated to the House select committee investigating January 6, 2021, details regarding a heated exchange former President Donald Trump had with his Secret Service detail when he was told he could not go to the US Capitol after his rally, a source familiar with the matter tells CNN.

The officer with the Metropolitan Police Department was in the motorcade with the Secret Service for Trump on January 6 and recounted what was seen to committee investigators, according to the source.

DC police officer in Trump Jan. 6 motorcade corroborates details of heated Secret Service exchange to committee

Did he confirm the assault and the "grabbing at the wheel" part? Tune in next time the committee shows to the world just how bad Trump is to find out.

This news comes as a government watchdog is accusing the Secret Service of deleting text messages.

Peter Alexander and everybody who relied on anonymous statements by the USSS must feel very stupid now.
    A cop would somehow not be duty bound to get involved if he saw anything like a legitimate assault actually taking place in this instance...

That is really what folks are cooking up here?

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    I glanced at the Enquirer today while in the checkout line, headline said Ghisaline Maxwell is going to throw Trump under the bus for a lighter sentence. I doubt the truth about it, but it's interesting the tabloids seem to be turning on him.
    If she had the goods that everyone thinks she does then it wouldnt have gotten as far as a trial and sentencing.

People keep thinking about Trump being taken down by her. If was going to happen it would have by now.

And the Tabloids are not turning on Trump I think. I think it is the checkout counter version of clickbait. A headline about a convicted Sex Offender bringing down Trump? Lots of people I am sure jumped on that.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    A cop would somehow not be duty bound to get involved if he saw anything like a legitimate assault actually taking place in this instance...

Would a regular street cop on the beat have the back bone to interfere in the President of the US attacking his own Secret Service when there are other Secret Service Members around? If I were a cop and I saw that I would turn and think "Man way above my pay grade."
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

The US Supreme Court says the bolded part is true. Police exist to maintain order, not protect the public, and have no duty of any kind to actually protect the citizenry.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Would a regular street cop on the beat have the back bone to interfere in the President of the US attacking his own Secret Service when there are other Secret Service Members around? If I were a cop and I saw that I would turn and think "Man way above my pay grade."
    On a day when things were up for grabs the way that they were that day?

With a sitting President involved?

Not to mention that there hasn't even been a peep of that the police officer in question even so much as made out a report about anything like that...

Just saying that there are far more likely versions of what actually happened when when the foundation of this thing is seemingly still a story that someone told second hand that actually came from a guy that lies like Canadian beers get emptied in the film Strange Brew.

Never mind that the folks looking into this could actually call the two agents involved to testify at any time, and have not.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The US Supreme Court says the bolded part is true. Police exist to maintain order, not protect the public, and have no duty of any kind to actually protect the citizenry.
    Yeah...

A sitting President is taking part in an assault that could escalate with who knows what kind of results, and a cop would not even get involved and filed no report on such an assault...

All sounds pretty plausible.

Never mind if you would have to second guess just how "On The Level..." a cop who was looking the other way on assaults would actually be.

On a day when things were up for grabs the way that they were that day?

With a sitting President involved?

Not to mention that there hasn't even been a peep of that the police officer in question even so much as made out a report about anything like that...

Just saying that there are far more likely versions of what actually happened when when the foundation of this thing is seemingly still a story that someone told second hand that actually came from a guy that lies like Canadian beers get emptied in the film Strange Brew.

Never mind that the folks looking into this could actually call the two agents involved to testify at any time, and have not.
    I tend to think it did happen after some doubts. But didnt the committee say they were open to having the Members of the SS say they wanted to hear from them? We dont know if they officially reached out and if they did if they were turned down.

I just know there are a ton of GOP and the people being talked about that want to get their story out there want equal time but will not do so under oath. They go on Fox New and Twitter where the people they are talking to are more likely to believe them. When they are willing to come under oath and say it didnt happen I will put more stock into their word.

The witness did not say she saw it. Just repeated what she heard (And I wish they had not let her do that) but she did so under oath. All the people who claim "Hey I was there I know it didnt happen." Or "I was told something 100 percent different." Let them do so under oath they way she did. There are tons of people that can get equal time and get their story out there. Just place their hand on the bible and do it under oath the way the others have done.
    Last edited by babyblob; 07-15-2022 at 04:30 PM.

Not calling you wrong. I tend to think it did happen after some doubts. But didnt the committee say they were open to having the Members of the SS say they wanted to hear from them? We dont know if they officially reached out and if they did if they were turned down.

I just know there are a ton of GOP and the people being talked about that want to get their story out there want equal time but will not do so under oath. They go on Fox New and Twitter where the people they are talking to are more likely to believe them. When they are willing to come under oath and say it didnt happen I will put more stock into their word.

The witness did not say she saw it. Just repeated what she heard (And I wish they had not let her do that) but she did so under oath. All the people who claim "Hey I was there I know it didnt happen." Or "I was told something 100 percent different." Let them do so under oath they way she did. There are tons of people that can get equal time and get their story out there. Just place their hand on the bible and do it under oath the way the others have done.
    Not saying anything like that you were.

(or that it would even be any big whoop if you did in this particular instance...)

Just saying that it is really, really odd that a President potentially assaulting Secret Service members and those member potentially covering it up is not something that this commission is on like a dog on a bone.

If you are not?

I've got to ask myself why not...

I mean, let's put it this way...

If you can get the two agents involved in front of the committee and discount their version of things if they a fabricating a cover story?

What, exactly, is the reason you are not?

Wouldn't it be a pretty important aspect of this thing if that was happening?

The sort of aspect that the entire thing was put together to address to start with?

In my view it most likely happened. As dramatic as she said it went down I dont know.

I wisht they would not have let her talk about a hearsay story with out proof they could show or some one else backing her up. it is a couple weeks later and people are still harping on it.

I think if it did happen it is not some grand USSS Cover up. at least not in a sinister way. I think maybe it is more the agents trying to protect the office of the president more the the man himself. Maybe a bit embarrassed that someone in the office would do such a thing.

There are still all of those texts and stuff. There is still more info to be shown. So at the end I will take a wait and see.

In my view it most likely happened. As dramatic as she said it went down I dont know.

I wisht they would not have let her talk about a hearsay story with out proof they could show or some one else backing her up. it is a couple weeks later and people are still harping on it.

I think if it did happen it is not some grand USSS Cover up. at least not in a sinister way. I think maybe it is more the agents trying to protect the office of the president more the the man himself. Maybe a bit embarrassed that someone in the office would do such a thing.

There are still all of those texts and stuff. There is still more info to be shown. So at the end I will take a wait and see.
    If it did or did not is the entire reason Congress can do this sort of thing.

If it looks like they will not get to the bottom of this particular aspect and be willing to just let the "How It Looks..." component stay out there without making a serious attempt to actually get to the bottom of it?

It veers over into "Playing Politics..." when it should be nuts and bolts Congress investigating the thing.

West Virginia judge accused of waving pistol at defense lawyers and mocking security team for having smaller guns

“Aren’t me and my guns and security enough?” Hummel was alleged to have asked as he took out a Colt handgun and waved it in Varnado’s team’s direction. “My guns are bigger than your security’s gun!” he allegedly said.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    If Biden loses to Trump or DeSantis you can point to Joe Manchin
    Meanwhile, Democrats will instead blame progressives for their loss.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    I glanced at the Enquirer today while in the checkout line, headline said Ghisaline Maxwell is going to throw Trump under the bus for a lighter sentence. I doubt the truth about it, but it's interesting the tabloids seem to be turning on him.
    I mean, the supermarket rags only exist to talk about how great Trump is and how shitty Meghan and Harry are for disrupting the holy royalty order in England.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

"Thats not a knife. This is a knife.." - Crocodile Dundee.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.