Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    And I live in London but I'm not a Brit
    Lol!

Bizarrely I didn’t even consider that possibility. I put that down to brain being fried by record hot weather.

I'm sorry but they basically stopped the government from printing more money and creating even more inflation.
    Complete nonsense.

So you agree to teach kids that some of they are "born with unearned privilege"? You agree with kids using maths books that talk about "racial profiling in policing"?

I'm all for equality, but true equality, not CRT ideology crap that turns all white people into "villains". CRT and Woke are like MAGA - they're opposites but all they do is stoke hatred and division.
    I have not seen one math book that talks about race. I keep hearing this example but the people talking about it have not been able to show one that is being used in schools as part of their classes.

And teaching that racism in America did happen and does happen is not a bad thing. The fact that there are school boards like one here in Cincinnati that want to teach kids the Civil War was about something other then slavery and slavery was not the cause. Thee have been examples posted about how schools are ignoring that fact in teaching history or that the slaves should be called indentured servants. Ignoring things like the Jim Crow Laws.

Teaching history does need to happen. Its not about making white people villains. It is about teaching that there is a large segment of our population has been discriminated against.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Complete nonsense.
    Can you please explain?

At a time when the is economy is overheated and the only way to bring down inflation is to reduce the monetary mass, how does spending more help that? In fact, higher spending = higher monetary mass = higher inflation.

Infrastructure and Jobs act:
    $110 billion for roads, bridges and other major projects;
    $11 billion in transportation safety programs;
    $39 billion in transit modernization and improved accessibility;
    $66 billion in rail;
    $7.5 billion to build a national network of electric vehicle chargers;
    $73 billion in power infrastructure and clean energy transmission and
    $65 billion for broadband development

How does this help to bring down inflation? While it helps to develop the country - I think we can agree on that - higher public spending always leads to more inflation, always.

I might be wrong about a lot of things but I'm an Economist and that's Economics 101. But keen to understand your point of view.
    Last edited by hyped78; 07-19-2022 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I have not seen one math book that talks about race. I keep hearing this example but the people talking about it have not been able to show one that is being used in schools as part of their classes.

And teaching that racism in America did happen and does happen is not a bad thing. The fact that there are school boards like one here in Cincinnati that want to teach kids the Civil War was about something other then slavery and slavery was not the cause. Thee have been examples posted about how schools are ignoring that fact in teaching history or that the slaves should be called indentured servants. Ignoring things like the Jim Crow Laws.

Teaching history does need to happen. Its not about making white people villains. It is about teaching that there is a large segment of our population has been discriminated against.
    I agree that teaching history needs to happen - but doesn't it happen already? didn't you learn about slavery, the civil war, affirmative action, Martin Luther King, etc. in school? I hope you did.

I also agree that we should teach kids that racism is wrong. Totally.

But teaching kids that white people/ kids are "born with unearned privilege", as if they are to blame for racism, colonialism and slavery is simply wrong.

As far as examples of maths books that talk about race, you have it here:
    https://edition.cnn.com/2022/04/22/u...les/index.html

As you can see, some of the maths exercises are based on racism statistics and even talk about Liberals vs. Conservatives, showing Conservatives as being more biased than Liberals. This is ideology masquerading as maths.
    Last edited by hyped78; 07-19-2022 at 03:46 AM.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

I am not American but I identify with the values of (most of) the Democratic Party… but damn, dry ice is just so overrated as a stage prop.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

But teaching kids that white people/ kids are "born with unearned privilege", as if they are to blame for racism, colonialism and slavery is simply wrong.
    It is not wrong, it's a fact. Do you disagree with teaching the fact, or do you disagree that it is a fact?

I agree that teaching history needs to happen - but doesn't it happen already? didn't you learn about slavery, the civil war, affirmative action, Martin Luther King, etc. in school? I hope you did.

I also agree that we should teach kids that racism is wrong. Totally.

I have 3 nephews and 2 Nieces in middle and High School. And none of them have been taught that or even had that hinted at. They are taught history. They are not and have never been told they themselves are to blame for the past.

And yes I was. but there are so many of the Anti CRT nuts that want things like Slavery to be downplayed and ignored. Call slaves by different names, claim that is not the leading cause of the Civil War. Claim that we didnt steal the land from the native Americans. White people are to blame for Slavery. Do you think African Americans signed on for that themselves? Do you think African Americans passed Jim Crow Laws? Was it African Americans that formed the KKK to Lynch themselves?
    Last edited by babyblob; 07-19-2022 at 03:51 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    It is not wrong, it's a fact. Do you disagree with teaching the fact, or do you disagree that it is a fact?
    So white kids are inherently responsible for colonialism and slavery and they should feel guilty? Wow, haha, ok

And saying that white kids are inherently born with privilege makes it seem as there are no poor white kids, etc. Doesn't meet the reality test. Making people feel guilty for the color of their skin, whatever that color is, is simply wrong. It's a radical idea from radical people.
    Last edited by hyped78; 07-19-2022 at 03:57 AM.

I have 3 nephews and 2 Nieces in middle and High School. And none of them have been taught that or even had that hinted at.

And yes I was. but there are so many of the Anti CRT nuts that want things like Slavery to be downplayed and ignored. Call slaves by different names, claim that is not the leading cause of the Civil War. Claim that we didnt steal the land from the native Americans. White people are to blame for Slavery. Do you think African Americans signed on for that themselves? Do you think African Americans passed Jim Crow Laws? Was it African Americans that formed the KKK to Lynch themselves?
    You're right in everything you said. But you, your nephews and your nieces are not to blame for slavery and for all the horrendous things around it, and you shouldn't feel guilty about it. No more than a German kid should feel guilty about the Holocaust.

Of course these things should be studied so that these horrors - and others - should never happen again. But singling out people because of their race, e.g. "white is guilty" is not the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    I am not American but I identify with the values of (most of) the Democratic Party… but damn, dry ice is just so overrated as a stage prop.
    Please be constructive. Not all left leaning people support the "woke mind virus", as Elon Musk calls it.
    Last edited by hyped78; 07-19-2022 at 04:05 AM.

I have 3 nephews and 2 Nieces in middle and High School. And none of them have been taught that or even had that hinted at. They are taught history. They are not and have never been told they themselves are to blame for the past.

No comments on the CNN article about the maths books? Maths problems based on statistics that show that conservatives and/or older people are more racist than others.

You're right in everything you said. But you, your nephews and your nieces are not to blame for slavery and for all the horrendous things around it, and you shouldn't feel guilty about it. No more than a German kid should feel guilty about the Holocaust.

Of course these things should be studied so that these horrors - and others - should never happen again. But singling out people because of their race, e.g. "white is guilty" is not the way to go.
    No one is making Whote kids the scapegoats and to blame for any these things. Have you seen official lesson plans in childrens schools where this is happening? Because when ever an Anti CRT person claims this is happening and it needs to stop they cant site any examples other then talking points and things they see on Fox news.

So please site some examples of where this is happening What teachers ion what schools are telling kids they need to be blamed for these things?

No comments on the CNN article about the maths books? Maths problems based on statistics that show that conservatives and/or older people are more racist than others.
    I Admit I didnt see it. I will look it up.

I Admit I didnt see it. I will look it up.
    This: https://edition.cnn.com/2022/04/22/u...les/index.html

I mean, just leave ideology out of maths, is all I'm saying.