Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Sorry, what is that referring to? I'm not a conservative.
    Clearly, you're an unopinionated "moderate", or would like to convince yourself and others of that.

Pull the other one, and it makes chocolate milkshake.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Quoting an antisemite.
    Nice.
    You seem to like his opinions (that's why you quoted him in the first place), so I was just showing what he thinks about the "cultural left" that is so much on display throughout this thread

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Clearly, you're an unopinionated "moderate", or would like to convince yourself and others of that.

Pull the other one, and it makes chocolate milkshake.
    I consider myself a moderate yes (I hope you don't consider that being a "moderate" is a bad thing!). Opinionated? No more that other people, we're all opinionated or else we wouldn't be on a politics thread... in a Comic Books forum, of all things
    I think, above everything else, it's dangerous and silly to dismiss ideas and stances that we don't agree with, as if our opinions are irrefutable facts and everything else is wrong and "trolls" and whatever.

We were talking about the midterms before. The same way Roe vs. Wade, gun violence etc. helps the left, I think culture wars help the right. And I am not the only one thinking this is going to damage the Democrats long-term, here is Fareed Zakaria from CNN on that point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0nxcq_GvvY

"Fareed Zakaria argues that Democrats must move past ideas and interest groups toward action to have electoral success against Republicans"
    Last edited by hyped78; 07-19-2022 at 05:49 AM.

You seem to like his opinions (that's why you quoted him in the first place), so I was just showing what he thinks about the "cultural left" that is so much on display throughout this thread
    It was a joke. The "Who I Do Not Support" is a long-standing comment about Greenwald's politics.

Who let the sealion in?

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    It was a joke. The "Who I Do Not Support" is a long-standing comment about Greenwald's politics.
    Not sure I understood, you're saying that Greenwald's tweet was a joke? Doesn't seem to be the case, here's another one from him:

"I don't think cultural leftism threatens any power centers. That's why they love it. I think the much harder work is subverting corporatism and militarism: that's what power centers really care about. And sometimes it's tempting, for all humans, to choose the easier path."

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Who let the sealion in?
    No "hello"? No arguments? Nothing? Just petty insult out of nowhere? Really?

No wonder democracy in the US is in the state it's in...

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

It's really hot today, isn't it? 37° on the Celsius scale here.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    It's really hot today, isn't it? 37° on the Celsius scale here.
    40° here in London. Climate Change and Global Warming are real and we're not doing enough to tackle it - 40 degrees in London!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure I understood, you're saying that Greenwald's tweet was a joke? Doesn't seem to be the case, here's another one from him:

"I don't think cultural leftism threatens any power centers. That's why they love it. I think the much harder work is subverting corporatism and militarism: that's what power centers really care about. And sometimes it's tempting, for all humans, to choose the easier path."
    If you think anyone on this board is a supporter of Glenn Greenwald you don't know much about anyone here. If they respond to you with a Greenwald quote it's most likely because they are comparing you to him.
    Dark does not mean deep.

No. Europe's Greenwald comment was a joke that went sailing over your head. That's fine. Not everyone knows everything. Greenwald's a douche, though, of epic proportions and not someone that should be taken seriously, especially given how much he apperas on the Tucker Carlson White Power Hour. While there are plenty of solid grounds to to beat up on Greenwald, the dude's a non-practicing jew himself, so I'd suggest steering clear of 'anti-semitism' accusations against him as it runs the risk of walking into some pretty uncomfortable terrain it's not your place to be on.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 07-19-2022 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    If you think anyone on this board is a supporter of Glenn Greenwald you don't know much about anyone here. If they respond to you with a Greenwald quote it's most likely because they are comparing you to him.
    Thank you for clarifying that, I didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    No. Europe's Greenwald comment was a joke that went sailing over your head. That's fine. Not everyone knows everything. Greenwald's a douche, though, of epic proportions and not someone that should be taken seriously, especially given how much he apperas on the Tucker Carlson White Power Hour. While there are plenty of solid grounds to to beat up on Greenwald, the dude's a non-practicing jew himself, so I'd suggest steering clear of 'anti-semitism' accusations against him as it runs the risk of walking into some pretty uncomfortable terrain it's not your place to be on.
    Got it. Gray Lensman just explained the same. I don't know that much about Greenwald but I am aware of his anti-semitic stances, as they were discussed here in Europe regarding the Charlie Hebdo and Bataclan massacres.

Got it. Gray Lensman just explained the same. I don't know that much about Greenwald but I am aware of his anti-semitic stances, as they were discussed here in Europe regarding the Charlie Hebdo and Bataclan massacres.
    Anti-Zionism is not anti-semitism. Please don't take me defend Greenwald, who's a noxious piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Who let the sealion in?
    Sadly we've had more than a few who parrot right wing talking points, opinions, and ideas while pretending to be lefties here. We still have a few IMO who are regular posters. While not new this one is certainly prolific in their posts.