Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    6 freaken pages is enough to engage a guy that does not care.

You have a right to yours. They have a right to theirs. 6 pages have made it clear where everyone stands on this,. Good Grief.
    babyblob, your trend for speaking sense continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    babyblob, your trend for speaking sense continues.
    To be fair, he’s completely right. I would just add that people have the right to post their opinions without getting immediately attacked with dumb insults

Five Thirty Eight have just updated their Midterms models.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...e/?cid=rrpromo
    Senate control forecast is a toss-up - 53% to 47%

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...e/?cid=rrpromo
    Republicans favored to win the House - 86% to 14%

(Not vote shares, rather probability of winning)

For the Senate, their predicted toss-ups are Georgia, Arizona, Nevada and PA.
    Last edited by hyped78; 07-20-2022 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    To be fair, he’s completely right. I would just add that people have the right to post their opinions without getting immediately attacked with dumb insults
    You are right. There were insults thrown around.

Here is my issue.

You know the feelings of this board on this subject. This aint your first day.

Yet you bring up a subject you admit to not caring about. You take a side in a subject you admit to not caring about. You post links defending a side in a subject you dont care about.

You bring up a subject where the feelings have been well known before hand. it has been debated on here many times. So you bring up a subject you dont care about, choose a side that is vastly different then the most of the board (And that is fine normally. But if you dont care as you claim the only reason to make the post was to get pushback and start something) because if you dont care one way or the other you could have posted Let Trans woman play. Who cares? And we wouldnt have had 6 pages of crap. You are the one who brought up Trans woman in sports. No one else.

You are not defending your right to have an opinion. If you dont care you wont have an opinion. You are fighting for your right to start a senseless fight for no reason.

If you are upset about the insults talk about those. Stop posting links defending a view you dont care about.

Lets all (Including me) Move the Hell on.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

When the answer for some is “more guns”, including in schools… well, mass shootings in Europe are quite rare and we don’t carry around guns
    That is always the GOP go to answer. Yet kidfresh512 posted a link to a very sad story about a "Good Guy" With a gun defending himself and we saw the results of that.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Here is my issue.

Yet you bring up a subject you admit to not caring about. You take a side in a subject you admit to not caring about. You post links defending a side in a subject you dont care about.

You bring up a subject where the feelings have been well known before hand. it has been debated on here many times. So you bring up a subject you dont care about, choose a side that is vastly different then the most of the board (And that is fine normally. But if you dont care as you claim the only reason to make the post was to get pushback and start something) because if you dont care one way or the other you could have posted Let Trans woman play. Who cares? And we wouldnt have had 6 pages of crap.

You are not defending your right to have an opinion. If you dont care you wont have an opinion. You are fighting for your right to start a senseless fight for no reason.

If you are upset about the insults talk about those. Stop posting links defending a view you dont care about.

Well, you will see - and you can check my post history - that I had never posted (or read) here on this politics thread or even in the CBR Community sub-thread. Until yesterday the only sub-forums I have read or commented on were Collected Editions, Games and the one about TV. So no, I don’t know the context.

But still, it’s not correct that someone posts something (and it wasn’t about trans) and just because you don’t agree with that person’s opinion you immediately call them a pathetic troll, a racist, a bigot, a liar, and so forth (there were others and even some other things not posted here). What does that say about the overall quality and civility of those people?
    Because, at the end of the day, isn’t this a thread to discuss and debate politics? Isn’t politics a clash of ideas? Or else, what is a thread about politics where you only accept your POV and everyone else should be shot?

I’ve posted something completely different before (about the updated Five Thirty Eight election models) to try to move on.
    Last edited by hyped78; 07-20-2022 at 02:45 PM.

That is always the GOP go to answer. Yet kidfresh512 posted a link to a very sad story about a "Good Guy" With a gun defending himself and we saw the results of that.
    I know the US has a different context but the way I see this is:
    There is a lot of crime here in London, more than in many US cities when comparing per capita. Most murders on the news are stabbings and there have been some changes to try to prevent the widespread sale of knives to minors etc. Now imagine the same criminals had guns instead of knives?

There are bad people everywhere, unfortunately, but a bad (or mentally sick, whatever) person with a gun can do much more damage than the same person with a knife.

Well, you will see - and you can check my post history - that I had never posted (or read) here on this politics thread or even in the CBR Community sub-thread. Until yesterday the only sub-forums I have read or commented on were Collected Editions, Games and the one about TV. So no, I don’t know the context.

But still, it’s not correct that someone posts something (and it wasn’t about trans) and just because you don’t agree with that person’s opinion you immediately call them a pathetic troll, a racist, a bigot, a liar, and so forth (there were others and even some other things not posted here). Because, at the end of the day, isn’t this a thread to discuss and debate politics? Isn’t politics a clash of ideas? Or else, what is a thread about politics where you only accept your POV and everyone else should be shot?

I’ve posted something completely different before (about the updated Five Thirty Eight election models) to try to move on.
    Everyone has a right to post on here their views. There are some posters here I disagree with. But when they bring a subject up it is one they care about.

Even if you never read this thread before. Bringing up a subject and taking a side in a subject that you dont care about is pointless. As pointless as me pointing it out

So I am taking my own advice and moving on.

I know the US has a different context but the way I see this is:
    There is a lot of crime here in London, more than in many US cities when comparing per capita. Most murders on the news are stabbings and there have been some changes to try to prevent the widespread sale of knives to minors etc. Now imagine the same criminals had guns instead of knives?

There are bad people everywhere, unfortunately, but a bad (or mentally sick, whatever) person with a gun can do much more damage than the same person with a knife.
    This is a fact. There have been a couple people with knives on a rampage. But they dont stab 19 children in a school to death.

I am glad the guy at the mall shooting was able to stop the gunman. But sadly the GOP and Fox News are running with Good Guys with guns are the saviors of the public and will stop everything. When it has been shown that this is just not the case.

The most laughable thing I heard is when someone asked "Why dont we see more good guys with guns stopping shootings?" The person answered. "Because the Democrats make them so hard to buy." The interviewer with a great smirk said "Isnt the GOP argument against Gun control that a person who really wants a gun will get one because they are so easy to get?"
    The man got red faced. "You are twisting the facts." And that was the end of that debate.

Everyone has a right to post on here their views. There are some posters here I disagree with. But when they bring a subject up it is one they care about.

Even if you never read this thread before. Bringing up a subject and taking a side in a subject that you dont care about is pointless. As pointless as me pointing it out

So I am taking my own advice and moving on.
    Yes, but it didn’t start with trans. That came afterwards. By then, I was already branded a bigot etc. Aaaaanyways…

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I mean, people have been *way* less mean to this guy than Mets is implying anyway.
    The question is whether you'd be okay with similar rhetoric directed at people you agree with
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 07-20-2022 at 03:25 PM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

This is a fact. There have been a couple people with knives on a rampage. But they dont stab 19 children in a school to death.

I am glad the guy at the mall shooting was able to stop the gunman. But sadly the GOP and Fox News are running with Good Guys with guns are the saviors of the public and will stop everything. When it has been shown that this is just not the case.

The most laughable thing I heard is when someone asked "Why dont we see more good guys with guns stopping shootings?" The person answered. "Because the Democrats make them so hard to buy." The interviewer with a great smirk said "Isnt the GOP argument against Gun control that a person who really wants a gun will get one because they are so easy to get?"
    The man got red faced. "You are twisting the facts." And that was the end of that debate.
    Haha, I also “enjoyed” when MTG said we have “mass stabbings”
    https://uk.news.yahoo.com/rep-marjor...075820661.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The question is whether you'd be okay with similar rhetoric directed at people you agre
    Of course he wouldn’t haha

Republicans' typical response to a mass shooting is "fight fire with fire". Yup.

Here is my issue.

You bring up a subject where the feelings have been well known before hand. it has been debated on here many times. So you bring up a subject you dont care about, choose a side that is vastly different then the most of the board (And that is fine normally. But if you dont care as you claim the only reason to make the post was to get pushback and start something) because if you dont care one way or the other you could have posted Let Trans woman play. Who cares? And we wouldnt have had 6 pages of crap. You are the one who brought up Trans woman in sports. No one else.

Really makes the choice he made to use the same language as bigots look like a deliberate choice rather than an accident, doesn't it?

That said, time for me to move on as well.
    Dark does not mean deep.