Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yes from what I understand Cheney is behind in her primary numbers.

And to answer all of your questions, I don't know. I said I believe the media is at fault for not showing that these things are happening. Were you aware that a record number of Black Republicans were running? I find this to be important information. But we know change, especially in government, can take a long time. AOC is often upset at her own party, often at odds with the older guard. It's not easy taking on a massive structure that's been in place for a long time, but it won't happen if people don't try.
    When the overall numbers are consistently low. 50% more of the usual extremely low percentage isn't that exciting. It may be interesting to some party strategists perhaps. Its like when they say a record number of GOP women in Congress etc. But when the numbers were extremely low in the first place telling me there's a 50% increase isn't saying much. Improvement sure but at most it highlights how slow progress has been.

As far as AOC, I agree its a good thing to point out areas of improvement in your own party. And it is interesting that she and other progressives can do this and they dont get censured. You see the opposite with the GOP. Nearly anyone of them that has stood up to Stop the steal lies, or calling out insurrectionists, bigotry in their party they get primaried or blasted by their own base.

Yeah, the articles I'm finding about this are pretty vague on the actual data. I don't doubt there has been an increase in black Republicans running, but that 81 number leaves out a lot of context and doesn't really give enough information to make any conclusions on a trend.

I would like to learn more about the candidates. if they are all like Walker or that scum in South Carolina that said all gay and Trans people need to be killed then yea I aint getting excited about the new face of the GOP. So I will do more research on them.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    When the overall numbers are consistently low. 50% more of the usual extremely low percentage isn't that exciting. It may be interesting to some party strategists perhaps. Its like when they say a record number of GOP women in Congress etc. But when the numbers were extremely low in the first place telling me there's a 50% increase isn't saying much. Improvement sure but at most it highlights how slow progress has been.

As far as AOC, I agree its a good thing to point out areas of improvement in your own party. And it is interesting that she and other progressives can do this and they dont get censured. You see the opposite with the GOP. Nearly anyone of them that has stood up to Stop the steal lies, or calling out insurrectionists, bigotry in their party they get primaried or blasted by their own base.
    I agree that it's slow but I can only hope the trend continues. There are more Black GOP members, more Hispanic members, and more women members than ever before, enough to make me look a little deeper into what their stances are. Regarding the stop the steal lies, McConnell, Graham and other senators, several representatives and governors (and many others) have all said unequivocally that Biden won. Don't get me wrong, they're beyond problematic for several reasons and need to go but they continue to distance themselves from Trump.
    But we'll see how the rest of the primaries go and whether Trump's influence is growing or fading.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I agree that it's slow but I can only hope the trend continues. There are more Black GOP members, more Hispanic members, and more women members than ever before, enough to make me look a little deeper into what their stances are. Regarding the stop the steal lies, McConnell, Graham and other senators, several representatives and governors (and many others) have all said unequivocally that Biden won. Don't get me wrong, they're beyond problematic for several reasons and need to go but they continue to distance themselves from Trump.
    But we'll see how the rest of the primaries go and whether Trump's influence is growing or fading.
    Trump is 76 and overweight, I don't think he runs in 2024 (yes, I know Biden is older)

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Trump is 76 and overweight, I don't think he runs in 2024 (yes, I know Biden is older)
    If Trump doesnt run again I am thinking Desantis will take that spot. And Trump I think would be easier to beat. Desantis is scum but he is well spoken scum and he doesnt have the baggage Trump has.

Cruz is a frontrunner in his own mind and I would be shocked if that happens and Pence despite his belief he is well loved and should run I think wouldnt even get 1 percent of the Trump crowd.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    If Trump doesnt run again I am thinking Desantis will take that spot. And Trump I think would be easier to beat. Desantis is scum but he is well spoken scum and he doesnt have the baggage Trump has.

Cruz is a frontrunner in his own mind and I would be shocked if that happens and Pence despite his belief he is well loved and should run I think wouldnt even get 1 percent of the Trump crowd.
    DeSantis against whom, you reckon?

I agree, I don't think he will either.

The bold made me laugh because it's true. LOL! I think DeSantis is the likely candidate too.

On a positive note.

US President Joe Biden 'doing great' after testing positive for Covid
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62256544

The 79-year-old, who is fully-vaccinated and has twice received booster jabs, is experiencing "very mild symptoms" and will continue to carry out all his duties, press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said.
    I may not like a lot of his performance but I want him to get well soon.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I don't think there is any doubt that Trump will absolutely run, but I also don't think there is any doubt the GOP would much rather he didn't and instead throw all their support behind DeSantis. He's just as much of a vile monster but knows how to play the game better, and when to be quiet.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    I don't think there is any doubt that Trump will absolutely run, but I also don't think there is any doubt the GOP would much rather he didn't and instead throw all their support behind DeSantis. He's just as much of a vile monster but knows how to play the game better, and when to be quiet.
    If he doesn't run he sure took a lot of his supporters money for years. Won't be surprised if some of that goes to other accounts.

Astonishing Member

I had to laugh at the title of fox's YT video

'Non-woke' comic book a hit with readers

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    The doubt isn't on whether he wants to run - obviously he does - but rather on will he run? I am saying only on the basis of age and health - 78 and overweight? He might not even make it to 2024

I am not wishing for Trump to die or anything, of course

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    If he doesn't run he sure took a lot of his supporters money for years. Won't be surprised if some of that goes to other accounts.
    Oh it's definitely not paying for his future run(not that it would anyway, since he isn't *officially* running yet, his donations are more akin to him setting on the street begging for money at the moment).

DeSantis against whom, you reckon?
    I have no idea who the dems are going to run. If it is not going to be Biden they need to do something to prop some one else up and they are not really doing that.

I have no idea who the dems are going to run. If it is not going to be Biden they need to do something to prop some one else up and they are not really doing that.
    Biden running at age 82 (he turns 80 in November) doesn't seem plausible. And I agree there's no one else stepping up. Kamala has been a flop so far.