Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Yep, very true. When I say that Bernie Sanders is "far left" and Marjorie Taylor Greene is "far right" it's just my opinion
    It's just that's an opinion that isn't actually informed by facts.

It's like saying that it's your opinion that the Earth is flat. Okay, I guess it's cool that you believe that but it's demonstrably false.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Where do you fit in the political typology?

Take this test and share the results.

I took it and my results say that I am an Establishment Liberal

If I had taken this test prior to 2016, I think I might have been more moderate.
    Last edited by Tami; 08-04-2022 at 04:33 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

I came up as a Stressed Sideliner, although my answers put my slightly left of the group description on social issues and slightly right on economic ones. Which puts me close to my self description of a left leaning Libertarian - but not dialed up to 11 like the official political party is. And that the Libertarian Party is more right leaning than I am.
    Dark does not mean deep.

On the outskirts of "News..."/"Politics..."

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/cnn...ws-1235332328/

CNN Mulls Changes to Anchor Lineup as News Chiefs Take Big Swings

Yep, very true. When I say that Bernie Sanders is "far left" and Marjorie Taylor Greene is "far right" it's just my opinion
    "Basics 101..."

- First off, when you even mention that crackpot's name? It's like Candyman. She wins. No discussion to be had/End of story. Even talking about her like she is an actual politician whose place in context warrants actual discussion is a serious mistake.

- Past that?

It's like bringing up the Proud Boys. It is incredibly foolish to even attempt to place them on the "Left..."/"Right..." spectrum when it is clear as day to anyone who has taken even a really basic look at things that said group and the woman in question are in a place entirely off of said spectrum that roughly amounts to "Clown Shoes..."

The woman in question has absolutely no interest in even actually working towards moving things to the far end of "We Ain't 'Business As Usual'..."/"Tea Party..." right.

She is only there to essentially be the GG Allin of Congressional politics. Looking at it any other way just lays out how much someone has not taken much of a look at all, and just lumps this person in with folks who are actually a part of the political process.

(Even if most of those folks are "Business As Usual..." types who are just barely there to do anything like actual governance...)

I am an Establishment Liberals according to the test.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    "Basics 101..."

- First off, when you even mention that crackpot's name? It's like Candyman. She wins. No discussion to be had/End of story. Even talking about her like she is an actual politician whose place in context warrants actual discussion is a serious mistake.

- Past that?

It's like bringing up the Proud Boys. It is incredibly foolish to even attempt to place them on the "Left..."/"Right..." spectrum when it is clear as day to anyone who has taken even a really basic look at things that said group and the woman in question are in a place entirely off of said spectrum that roughly amounts to "Clown Shoes..."

The woman in question has absolutely no interest in even actually working towards moving things to the far end of "We Ain't 'Business As Usual'..."/"Tea Party..." right.

She is only there to essentially be the GG Allin of Congressional politics. Looking at it any other way just lays out how much someone has not taken much of a look at all, and just lumps this person in with folks who are actually a part of the political process.

(Even if most of those folks are "Business As Usual..." types who are just barely there to do anything like actual governance...)
    Given all the crazy crap that has been talked about by Trump and some of the candidates that ran this cycle and the people at the state level Sadly Greene is not the only crazy person in the GOP. She may be top 5 but given some of the others she may have a hard time holding onto that much longer.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Interestingly, I also got Establishment Liberal, although some of my answers didn't fit, according to the breakdown. I am surprised that they only comprise 13% of US population.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

But can he - or any other US President, for that matter - do the same to China, if/ when an invasion materializes?
    I think China is watching very closely to how sanctions against russia are proceeding and calculating how much they could get away with.
    Slava Ukraini!

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Interestingly, I also got Establishment Liberal, although some of my answers didn't fit, according to the breakdown. I am surprised that they only comprise 13% of US population.
    They have A LOT of categories on that test. So it's likely that each one is a bit narrower than you or I would first think.

Edit: I just double checked the Table of Contents - Pew Research has divided the public into 9 separate categories, which would create an average of 11.11% per group. According to the data, the two largest groups have 16% (Democratic Mainstays) and 15% (Stressed Sideliners) respectively.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 08-04-2022 at 04:38 PM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

If I had taken this test prior to 2016, I think I might have been more moderate.
    Well, I’m Establishment Liberal. That sounds about right.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

This is a bit interesting in that the progressive left and establishment liberals are less than a fifth of the population.

You guys are really overrepresented in the culture, and it should be rare for you to get any of your unique policy goals.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It's just that's an opinion that isn't actually informed by facts.

It's like saying that it's your opinion that the Earth is flat. Okay, I guess it's cool that you believe that but it's demonstrably false.
    If it's demonstrably false, demonstrate it.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I appear to be a committed conservative.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    They have A LOT of categories on that test. So it's likely that each one is a bit narrower than you or I would first think.

Edit: I just double checked the Table of Contents - Pew Research has divided the public into 9 separate categories, which would create an average of 11.11% per group. According to the data, the two largest groups have 16% (Democratic Mainstays) and 15% (Stressed Sideliners) respectively.
    Somehow, I failed to notice that graphic the first time. It makes more sense now that I see all categories.
    Slava Ukraini!

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Another establishment liberal here.