Page 333 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 2332833233293303313323333343353363373433834338331333 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,995 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    In today's era the left has become the moderate center party in the United states, and the right is out on the fringe, aka Donald Trump. All Biden really has to do is find a diverse (Preferably African American) VP, and run the gauntlet down the middle and he's won.

This is in no way like the Nixon era of 68, right wing nationalists like Steve Bannon are reading the general populous sentiment totally wrong, which is why Trump will lose.
    I don't even this his VP needs to promote diversity and he'd win. If he picks Warren, polls show he'd galvanize college-aged voters to the Democratic ticket.

Much as I love Senator Warren, it's starting to feel like Kamala Harris or Val Demings. The former would be interesting after she called out Joe Biden in the primaries, and would give the same "partnership born of rivals" that Biden developed with Obama in '08.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I don't even this his VP needs to promote diversity and he'd win. If he picks Warren, polls show he'd galvanize college-aged voters to the Democratic ticket.

Much as I love Senator Warren, it's starting to feel like Kamala Harris or Val Demings. The former would be interesting after she called out Joe Biden in the primaries, and would give the same "partnership born of rivals" that Biden developed with Obama in '08.
    I think an African American VP candidate would be best to, as it was the African American constituency that put him over the top against Sanders. Kamala, Demings, Stacey Abrams would be a good choice to, though I don't think Georgia or the South are ready to flip Democratic yet, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I do support it, but it will never happen until Democrats control both the House, Senate, and White House. No way will Republicans allow the creation of what is sure to be a Democrat-controlled state.
    And possibly the courts.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I think an African American VP candidate would be best to, as it was the African American constituency that put him over the top against Sanders. Kamala, Demings, Stacey Abrams would be a good choice to, though I don't think Georgia or the South are ready to flip Democratic yet, but you never know.
    I think Stacey Abrams is incredibly intelligent and I've loved a lot of the things she's said in the past two years, but my issue with choosing her as VP is that Biden himself has a problem with appearing very low energy (it doesn't help that he's almost 80) and Abrams won't add a lot of desperately needed energy or charisma. She has actually described herself as an "introvert".

I would personally like Biden to choose Kamala. Her criminal justice record could hamper her, but she's taking the lead when it comes to police reform not to mention the ani-lynching bill. These recent pushes could help make up for her past as a D.A. in the eyes of some voters. She also worked closely with Bernie on the COVID relief bill. Yeah, she called out Biden during the debates but Obama and Biden got into it a few times during the 2008 election.

I don't know enough about Val Demings to comment on her as a potential VP pick. I don't know if she would bring any excitement to the ticket. She could help Biden carry Florida which would be huge.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro no Shinigami View Post
    https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5...n-232-180-vote

House approves statehood for DC in 232-180 vote

So the capital of the USA should be the 51st state? Not going to happen on the senate's watch.

Do any of you support DC's statehood?
    Absolutely! Should’ve happened a long time ago in fact. And yeah, Puerto Rico should be added as well. Of course, as others here already said, that won’t happen while Republicans control the Senate since D.C. and P.R. would lean Democrat, further weakening the GOP shrinking power base.

All things considered, my choice would be Harris as well.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I think Stacey Abrams is incredibly intelligent and I've loved a lot of the things she's said in the past two years, but my issue with choosing her as VP is that Biden himself has a problem with appearing very low energy (it doesn't help that he's almost 80) and Abrams won't add a lot of desperately needed energy or charisma. She has actually described herself as an "introvert".

I would personally like Biden to choose Kamala. Her criminal justice record could hamper her, but she's taking the lead when it comes to police reform not to mention the ani-lynching bill. These recent pushes could help make up for her past as a D.A. in the eyes of some voters. She also worked closely with Bernie on the COVID relief bill. Yeah, she called out Biden during the debates but Obama and Biden got into it a few times during the 2008 election.

I don't know enough about Val Demings to comment on her as a potential VP pick. I don't know if she would bring any excitement to the ticket. She could help Biden carry Florida which would be huge.
    Rep. Demings has served since 2016, and was one of the impeachment managers against Trump. She's also a female POC who is the former chief of the Orlando Police Dept.

In other words, it would be f***ing hard for Trump or Pence to call her out as being naive on policing, as it's her actual background.

On the downside, she'll get the "_______ is a COP!" treatment that Kamala Harris did if picked, except this time it will be accurate. I've not seen Demings make any statements in favor of any kind of reform. Which is disappointing. She has, on more than one occasion, defended bad behavior of police, saying that looking for excessive force complaints is "like looking for a prayer in church", while being willing to go to bat for officers who body-slammed octogenarian suspects and broke their vertebrae as a result.

In other words, Kamala.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Ultimate Member

Rep. Demings has served since 2016, and was one of the impeachment managers against Trump. She's also a female POC who is the former chief of the Orlando Police Dept.

In other words, it would be f***ing hard for Trump or Pence to call her out as being naive on policing, as it's her actual background.

On the downside, she'll get the "_______ is a COP!" treatment that Kamala Harris did if picked, except this time it will be accurate. I've not seen Demings make any statements in favor of any kind of reform. Which is disappointing. She has, on more than one occasion, defended bad behavior of police, saying that looking for excessive force complaints is "like looking for a prayer in church", while being willing to go to bat for officers who body-slammed octogenarian suspects and broke their vertebrae as a result.

In other words, Kamala.
    Well if someone works in the field, they would know what is actually needed versus someone who is yelling for reform out of emotions or pandering to certain demos.

So of course no one will listen to her if she said anything.

In work in education. Do you know how many black folks (especially so-called educated ones and some members of groups like NAACP) will toss out a statement like "if a black kid can't read well by 3rd grade they are automatically tossed in special education."

LEGALLY that can't happen because you need to do testing, have a meeting and more importantly PARENTAL PERMISSION.

But you can't tell folks anything.

Mighty Member

Kamala would be a good choice, the only problem I have with her is that she's from California, which is already a shoe in state for the Democrats. If possible, I would like a VP from a battleground state in the Midwest, or if possible a Hispanic running mate from Florida, but ideally you have to pick from what you have. Good point on Stacey though, Kamala is more chrasmatic, and she comes off as more of a stable centerist. In short, responsible in comparison to a President who holds rallies in the midst of an epidemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro no Shinigami View Post
    https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5...n-232-180-vote

House approves statehood for DC in 232-180 vote

So the capital of the USA should be the 51st state? Not going to happen on the senate's watch.

Do any of you support DC's statehood?
    I support DC statehood. Eleanor Holmes Norton has represented Washington DC since 1991, but is not allowed to vote on bills, even if she's debated the bill, even if she's a sponsor of the bill! How ridiculous is that? Of course, if Washington DC weren't a Black majority city, we all know they would have been granted statehood long ago.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Do you think there's a problem in political discussions about people expressing ambivalence rather than certainty?
    It's a picture of a noose, not a discourse about intersectionality.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Latest FoxNews (!) poll has Biden up 2 in Georgia.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

My favorite bit from the Politico essay Mets posted was when they called the Maggie Haberman NYT a far left publication.

Hillary was right!

A federal judge in California has ruled that the government must release migrant children held in the country’s three family detention centers by July 17 because of the danger posed by coronavirus.
    https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/watch/ny...m_npd_ms_tw_ma

If those kids are held with their parents, they need to release the entire families before the children end up being put up for adoption again.

Hillary was right!

BANNED

All the VP choices are fucking terrible, but that's to be expected.

The VP choice isn't going to cost Biden the election, just as it wouldn't have given him the win over Trump if things were the way they were a few months ago. This election is going to be decided by how badly people think Trump handled the COVID-19 pandemic, and it doesn't look good for him.

Never underestimate the Democrats snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, but with no end in sight for COVID-19, with new cases reaching a record high in the last twenty-four hours, Trump has cost himself reelection.

My mom is 84 and she just really, really likes Joe Biden.

Hillary was right!