Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Well, unfortunately, the front-runner to succeed Young is our old friend, Sarah "Hockey Mom" Palin.
    I am monitoring that race... polling has been all over the f***ing map on if she's 3rd, 1st, or what. I don't think we're going to know until the primary.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    So don't get one. And let women decide what they need with their doctors.
    As I stated I dont agree with it for non medical reasons. So yes for a medical reason up to her and her doctor. And I am not saying I would take the right away from anyone. I didnt say ban it. I just said I dont agree with it.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The data suggests the majority of women seeking so-called late term abortions are doing it for reasons other than health risks or fetal abnormalities.

https://sgp.fas.org/crs/misc/R45161.pdf
    So, in regards to mentions of third trimester abortions, you provide a study on second trimester abortions. Nice try, I guess?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I am monitoring that race... polling has been all over the f***ing map on if she's 3rd, 1st, or what. I don't think we're going to know until the primary.
    But this is one of Palin's opponents:

Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    But this is one of Palin's opponents:

Also in the queue.

Also also, Alaska, would it kill you to send a Democrat to DC, given that the big two GOP options are primarily bats*** people who attend churches that are out to find witches and s***?

I wish that was an exaggeration.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

So don't get one. And let women decide what they need with their doctors.
    That's oversimplifying it by quite a bit.

In the same way that I am against the death penalty because I don't think that the state needs to be in the business of murdering folks?

There are people who feel that abortions at varying lengths of time are morally wrong.

Assuming that they are in a position to vote legally?

They have a place in the process the same way that I have a place in voting in an attempt to make sure that the state is not executing folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    So, in regards to mentions of third trimester abortions, you provide a study on second trimester abortions. Nice try, I guess?
    Nope.

They mention the consensus that the majority of women seeking abortions after 20 weeks (second trimester starts at 14 weeks) aren't doing it due to fetal abnormalities or health risks.

According to Diana Greene Foster, the lead investigator on the Turnaway study (described above) and a professor at the University of California, San Francisco, Bixby Center for Global Reproductive Health, “[t]here aren’t good data on how often later abortions are for medical reasons.” Based on limited research and discussions with researchers in the field, Dr. Foster believes that abortions for fetal anomaly “make up a small minority of later abortion” and that those for life endangerment are even harder to characterize.
    Abortions being a MEDICAL decision is not an extreme view. It is only the christo-fascists who want to interfere in a woman's medical choices. This is the same bullshit "compromise" promised by so called "moderate conservatives" like you who claimed getting rid of Roe would lead to just slight restrictions. Instead we get what we progressives predicted, draconian laws that will kill women.
    One way to determine whether something is extreme is to look at the percentage of the population that supports it.

According to polling, only a fifth of Americans think abortion should be legal in the last three months of pregnancy.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/1576/abortion.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I do not agree with 3rd trimester abortions for non medical reasons. But to outlaw all abortions and use 3rd trimester abortions as the standard for what is going on like a lot on the right are doing is not the answer at all.
    It's not.

It's an unfortunate problem in current politics that parties would rather voters be stuck with a false dichotomy between two extremes. If either party could offer compromises on contentious issues, they would dominate for a decade. They prefer not to, because the possibility of everything is preferable to improving most things (which also has the disadvantage of the parties of limiting the ability to run against the other side.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    That's oversimplifying it by quite a bit.

In the same way that I am against the death penalty because I don't think that the state needs to be in the business of murdering folks?

There are people who feel that abortions at varying lengths of time are morally wrong.

Assuming that they are in a position to vote legally?

They have a place in the process the same way that I have a place in voting in an attempt to make sure that the state is not executing folks.
    I actually think the death penalty is cruel and unusual, but that's another discussion.

I would compare abortion more to gay marriage, or interracial marriage, or others things the voters should not have a say in what other people can do with their lives.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I actually think the death penalty is cruel and unusual, but that's another discussion.

I would compare abortion more to gay marriage, or interracial marriage, or others things the voters should not have a say in what other people can do with their lives.
    Since I know good and well that I am living in a country where someone can be charged and convicted of ending "In Utero..." life if they assault a pregnant woman?

I'd say that the "I Would Compare..." bit there is quite a bit more complicated than you would like to make it.

If ending that life is something someone can be charged and convicted of, it gets sort of murky when it comes to telling "Pro-Life..." folks that it is actually nothing like that.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 08-06-2022 at 07:40 PM.

Would you really want an overall system that allows late abortions for non medical reasons??

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    His financials were included in that data dump his lawyers accidentally sent the defense. They could probably be used to show any bankruptcy he files is in bad faith.
    Which is what Boris Becker is in jail for.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Which is what Boris Becker is in jail for.
    Alex Jones is so completely, utterly exposed here and yet I still wonder if he'll *actually* ever see the inside of a prison cell.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Was abortion EVER legal in the US at that stage without a diagnosis of danger to the mother's life? If a woman hasn't had an abortion by that point it's probably because she WANTS the baby, and only being told something drastic like a greatly increased chance of death in order to deliver a child with extreme birth defects that give a life expectancy of weeks led her to change her mind.
    Here is a good overview.
    Abortion was frequently practiced in North America during the period from 1600 to 1900. Many tribal societies knew how to induce abortions. They used a variety of methods including the use of black root and cedar root as abortifacient agents. During the colonial period, the legality of abortion varied from colony to colony and reflected the attitude of the European country which controlled the specific colony. In the British colonies abortions were legal if they were performed prior to quickening. In the French colonies abortions were frequently performed despite the fact that they were considered to be illegal. In the Spanish and Portuguese colonies abortion was illegal. From 1776 until the mid-1800s abortion was viewed as socially unacceptable; however, abortions were not illegal in most states. During the 1860s a number of states passed anti-abortion laws. Most of these laws were ambiguous and difficult to enforce. After 1860 stronger anti-abortion laws were passed and these laws were more vigorously enforced. As a result, many women began to utilize illegal underground abortion services. Although abortion was legalized in 1970, many women are still forced to obtain illegal abortion or to perform self-abortions due to the economic constraints imposed by the Hyde Amendment and the unavailability of services in many areas.
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10297561/

I'm in a different time zone, but can someone explain to me why the Senate is up at almost 3 AM on the Eastcoast, voting?