F.B.I. Searches Trump’s Home in Florida

Former President Donald J. Trump said on Monday that the F.B.I. had searched his Palm Beach, Fla., home and had broken open a safe — an account that, if accurate, would be a dramatic escalation in the various investigations into the former president.

The search, according to two people familiar with the investigation, appeared to be focused on material that Mr. Trump had brought with him to Mar-a-Lago, his private club and residence, after he left the White House. Those boxes contained many pages of classified documents, according to a person familiar with their contents.

Mr. Trump delayed returning 15 boxes of material requested by officials with the National Archives for many months, only doing so when there became a threat of action being taken to retrieve them.

Mr. Trump was known throughout his term to rip up official material that was intended to be held for government archives.

“After working and cooperating with the relevant Government agencies, this unannounced raid on my home was not necessary or appropriate,” Mr. Trump said, maintaining it was an effort to stop him from running for president in 2024. “Such an assault could only take place in broken, Third-World Countries.”

“They even broke into my safe!” he wrote. “What is the difference between this and Watergate, where operatives broke into the Democrat National Committee? Here, in reverse, Democrats broke into the home of the 45th President of the United States.”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Fox news so take it with a grain of salt till confirmed.

This was not about Jan 6th. A report from CBS news is that this was about classified Documents at Mar A Lago.

Then of course went itno a rant about how Clinton had Classified Documents in her house and there was no raid. Double standard for Libs Blah Balh
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Fox news so take it with a grain of salt till confirmed.

This was not about Jan 6th. A report from CBS news is that this was about classified Documents at Mar A Lago.

Then of course went itno a rant about how Clinton had Classified Documents in her house and there was no raid. Double standard for Libs Blah Balh
    So his "defense" is "HILLARY DID IT TOO".

OK, let's pause for a moment and say that's true. Hillary didn't return classified documents.

He was president for four f***ing years, knew she had committed a crime, and did nothing about it. IF that's true. Which, obviously, it isn't.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

The big talking point and My aunt made darn sure to call and tell me all about it.

They dont want Trump to run again. They had no right to do this. They want to install a dictatorship and communism, Every president does this. Why arnt they going after Hunter.

And if you look at Message boards for the GOP and Fox news for 5 minutes you see this is the spin they are taking.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Put money in the Hunters Email Stock because that is about to shoot through the roof in the next couple of days lol.

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    I am generally Pro Choice. Having said that, what you posted shows how radical AOC is, in her inability to live with different opinions within her own party. That's not democratic. It's a good thing she doesn't decide who gets to serve and who doesn't.

I think that in 2016 and 2020 what we see is that some polling companies have a much better consistent track record of polling than others.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...nton-5491.html
    "Inability to live with different opinions?" She's just saying what every other politician says, that office holders and candidates on the other side of the aisle are unfit for office. And other side of the aisle sometimes includes those within one's own party when it's Primary season. I mean, AOC would not be the first Democrat to call other Democrats who vote against abortion rights DINOs.
    Last edited by Malvolio; 08-08-2022 at 05:30 PM.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Dark Brandon's win streak continues.

Apparently for Biden, Trump's been dead to him for centuries.

I really want to believe the FBI will find something incriminating in those boxes, but then I think how likely is it Trump hasn’t spent the last year digging out and shredding anything that might get him arrested?
    The safe however. That gives me some hope.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

The entire GOP on social media is having a massive meltdown over this raid and its both hilarious and sad.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I really want to believe the FBI will find something incriminating in those boxes, but then I think how likely is it Trump hasn’t spent the last year digging out and shredding anything that might get him arrested?
    Trump getting frisked is both the funniest and most repugnant immediate outcome I'd hope for.

Or if he can't keep his tiny hands to himself like during Grand Theft Auto: Capitol Building, getting tasered. FBI use tasers right?

Jeff Clark on Fox news talking about how the FBI is out of control. The DOJ is a weapon of Biden who is attacking political opponents. The Deep Administrative State. Congress and When Trump becomes president again they need to reform the whole DOJ>

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Jeff Clark on Fox news talking about how the FBI is out of control. The DOJ is a weapon of Biden who is attacking political opponents. The Deep Administrative State. Congress and When Trump becomes president again they need to reform the whole DOJ>
    Whatever boundaries Dark Brandon knew were promptly lasered by him.

And I am laughing so hard at Fox news and Trumpers bitching about the integrity of American Institutions being at stake right now. And how could anyone be so happy with American institutions being drug through the mud and put into question like this.

And they are making a huge deal of the raid not being announced.

Last time I checked most FBI raids are not announced.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    They better find something substantial otherwise we're going to hear "witch hunt right before the midterms!" ad nauseam.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Trump getting frisked is both the funniest and most repugnant immediate outcome I'd hope for.

Or if he can't keep his tiny hands to himself like during Grand Theft Auto: Capitol Building, getting tasered. FBI use tasers right?
    I believe there were photos of him at Trump Tower in NYC. He wasn't in Florida.
    Last edited by JB; 08-08-2022 at 06:19 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    They better find something substantial otherwise we're going to hear "witch hunt right before the midterms!" ad nauseam.
    We are already hearing that. If I had a nickle for every time Fox News has said it since the story Broke I would be so rich AOC would want 80 percent of my money,