To be honest this cant just be about classified documents. Because lets be real a lot of presidents do take stuff. Not on the Level Trump did but they all do.

That has to be a cover for something bigger they were looking for.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Kari Lake is saying when she's elected Governor, she'll have Arizona secede from the Union.
    Good. Keep generating "GOP the extremist party" headlines for free until not even the most mealy-mouthed media can ignore it.

Remember when Kevin McCarthy talked tough on the 6th and then went to Mar A Lago to kiss Trumps ass like two weeks later?

Did one of the Boxes the FBI took have His self respect and Dignity in there. Because that is where he left it.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Texas Republicans are trying to sell school choice measures, but rural conservatives aren’t buying

This is an interesting weakness and split in the GOP in terms of policy. On one hand they love to try and use this issue to weaken public schools by diverting public funds to charter schools etc. But, as the article points out rural schools with conservative voters see the negatives in this just like inner city districts that rely on robust funding for public schools. They don't have the same "choices" there are no close "charter schools" in a lot of these rural districts. So money diverted is money taken right from their kids education.

Its interesting this is one issue that these rural GOP districts actually agree with Democrats on, and the only reason these measures keep getting defeated is the GOP opposition in an otherwise red state. Yet it is still listed as a GOP legislative priority over and over.

This another of the compounded reasons of the nation wide teacher shortage as well. This constant underfunding of teachers and public schools. On top of the other GOP attacks on curriculum, and ignoring school safety as pointed out in this article.
    "Defund Public Schools" is part of the aim (funding religious schools, breaking public sector unions, keeping poor and minority children undereducated so as not to compete with Biff and Buffy, and other reasons help the whole "school choice" movement). Making it a tax credit means those poor voters who can't afford the rest of tuition would be stuck in the (now even more) underfunded public options while more cash flows into the private/religious schools and widens the gap.

It is refreshing to see people finally (maybe) voting not against their own interests. Maybe it helps when they're considering outside of themselves for their kids.

Hyped: Several things. First, linking things generally only has value when it's an unknown issue or there's a dispute on the facts. Then there's the common internet debating tactic (not as bad as your strawman or whataboutism, but lesser cousin) of casting doubt on the reputation or bias of the opposing side's source. In this case, an international human rights organization. Why? They want to talk to Palestinians about what's being done to Palestinians. What monsters!

Next, obviously when I'm talking about ongoing land theft and ongoing international condemnation of it, and I notice you still haven't addressed this even to acknowledge its existence which is again widely known and a common news topic when tensions flare (as they have lately), I'm not talking about a war that happened over 50 years ago. That you would suggest such a thing makes me question if you're arguing in good faith.

If the article linked wasn't sufficient, google it yourself. It sounds like you're going to get to learn all kinds of things about Israel and their relations with their neighbors. That should be fun. But I can't continue to try to hold your hand here, this isn't a heavy lift. This is known, again fairly widely. And not seriously disputed, outside of the extreme right-wing of Israel and here in the US.

I'm not going to bring you there or draw you a map. Take a moment, I guarantee it won't be long, and do some research. If you legitimately are not aware. Throwing up smoke screens such as "those who speak against Israel (where they're not antisemites) don't have knowledge or arguments" might be effective if your only aim is to not engage in the debate or keep firmly in your bubble, but again doesn't represent the reality of international condemnation (again, including many Israelis and Jews around the world).

OkayWe are all having fun with this

But I am to be honest worried,

All the Defund the FBI talk, the FBI being a tool of the left, This being a liberal plot.

How long before someone gets angry at this talk. Goes into a local FBI office and takes revenge? or go after a local Democrat.

We are having fun right now. But I am worried in a couple weeks we wont be any more.

Already that crowd of ten people is growing pretty large at Mar a lago as the news Spreads.
    Last edited by babyblob; 08-08-2022 at 07:12 PM.

its now Jim Jordans turn to bitch on Fox News.

Statement from Desantis. See if we can spot the GOP go to talking point.

“The raid of MAL [Mar-a-Lago] is another escalation in the weaponization of federal agencies against the Regime’s political opponents, while people like Hunter Biden get treated with kid gloves,” DeSantis tweeted from his personal account, not his official Florida governor’s account. “Now the Regime is getting another 87k IRS agents to wield against its adversaries? Banana Republic.”

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    OkayWe are all having fun with this

But I am to be honest worried,

All the Defund the FBI talk, the FBI being a tool of the left, This being a liberal plot.

How long before someone gets angry at this talk. Goes into a local FBI office and takes revenge? or go after a local Democrat.

We are having fun right now. But I am worried in a couple weeks we wont be any more.

Already that crowd of ten people is growing pretty large at Mar a lago as the news Spreads.
    There was really no other way this could go. Trump can't be allowed to get away with federal crimes and his base may lose their collective minds but it's either that or democracy would continue to be eroded.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    There was really no other way this could go. Trump can't be allowed to get away with federal crimes and his base may lose their collective minds but it's either that or democracy would continue to be eroded.
    I 100 percent agree. I am not saying it shouldnt be done. I am just worried about the blow back.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    And for all the elites persecution talk, we're supposed to accept that random schoolgoing children are not supposed to be guaranteed to be safe from bullets they didn't deserve.

The Breitbart Gop crowd are turning on Desantis.

Why didnt he use the Florida Guard to stop this. he is the biggest Rino ever.

Astonishing Member

The Breitbart Gop crowd are turning on Desantis.

Why didnt he use the Florida Guard to stop this. he is the biggest Rino ever.
    The only good civil war is a GOP one. Especially in Florida, POTUS election robbers that they already were.

Guys dont laugh. This could happen to any one of us. Anyone of us can be raided after live tweeting and talking openly about their crimes every chance they get. Dark days guys.

Astonishing Member

Guys dont laugh. This could happen to any one of us. Anyone of us can be raided after live tweeting and talking openly about their crimes every chance they get. Dark days guys.
    That's why we are supposed to possess GUNS against the tyrannies. If Clint Eastwood has played cowboys for longer than I've lived then Trump should be packing some heat. Or does he have hand bone spurs for that too?

Remember when Trump said these things to Clinton?

“If I win, I am going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation because there has never been so many lies, so much deception. There has never been anything like it, and we’re going to have a special prosecutor,” Trump told Clinton while both were on stage in St. Louis.

“We’re going to get a special prosecutor, and we’re going to look into it, because you know what? People have been — their lives have been destroyed for doing one-fifth of what you’ve done. And it’s a disgrace. And honestly, you ought to be ashamed of yourself,” he said to Clinton.”