Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    No, it's that you have unrealistic expectations how quickly the crime of the century will be prosecuted. I have been saying for MONTHS that something like this is happening, and you and some others keep wallowing in a mix of learned helplessness and nihilism. From the January 6 commission to the search of Mar-A-Lago and Garland's announcement, my attitude has been proven correct. I am tired of the nihilism, it only helps Republicans.
    I dont. I know how long the normal legal process takes let alone something like this. I dont expect to see him in cuff in the next hour.

But when a man has gotten away with 100 percent of his crimes 100 percent of the time. it is not falling for the spin, falling into helplessness or Nihilism to say.

"Ill believe it when I see it."

I dont need to be lectured on how long the American Legal system takes. I am a piss ant nobody that they had video evidence, witness statement and a confession out of my own mouth and it took over 4 months to get my case through. So I understand that going after a former president on this is going to take time.

I am just not going to be in the "Oh wow shocked nothing came of this. AGAIM!" Camp if no charges come.
    Last edited by babyblob; 08-13-2022 at 06:19 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Oh, please illuminate us as to what's 'going on in different parts of Europe regarding the muslim populations'.
    For example (these are all different cases, plenty more where that’s come from):
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61134734
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b2121490.html
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england*...*****-61991931
    https://www.france24.com/en/europe/2...hammed-cartoon
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-61026210
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-terror-attack
    https://www.news18.com/news/world/sw...n-5010175.html
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nove..._Paris_attacks

But the thing is - you don’t understand the racism and intolerance that goes on in these communities (not all). Like I said before, UK Imams openly say that LGBTQ+ is the same as paedophilia, along with many other things of this sort. For example:
    https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/201...n_4993241.html

“The chairman of one of Europe's largest mosques has launched a tirade against those who criticised him for banning a BBC3 discussion about gay Muslims at his mosque, comparing homosexuality to being "a compulsive murderer, gambler, or paedophile".
    Last edited by hyped78; 08-13-2022 at 06:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    So let me get this right - if someone complains against muslims it’s racist but if you complain against christians it’s fine? Just trying to see if I understand.

Unfortunately, you seem to be completely unaware with what’s happening in different parts of Europe regarding muslim populations (not all muslims, of course). I don’t blame you for not knowing about it, not being exposed to it in the US, but please don’t then cry “xenophobia” without any substance behind it, because it’s ridiculous.
    It does come across as pretty xenophobic and you're reaction here doesn't help that characterization.

And the difference between the accusations leveled at a minority group versus my characterization of the Christian nationalist movement in the US is very clear. There are no towns where sharia law is being imposed on anyone(either here in the states or in Europe) but Christian nationalist politicians across the nation are banning abortions on religious grounds, passing laws discriminating against the gay community and actively and openly using their offices to fan the flames of violence and domestic terrorism.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It does come across as pretty xenophobic and you're reaction here doesn't help that characterization.

And the difference between the accusations leveled at a minority group versus my characterization of the Christian nationalist movement in the US is very clear. There are no towns where sharia law is being imposed on anyone(either here in the states or in Europe) but Christian nationalist politicians across the nation are banning abortions on religious grounds, passing laws discriminating against the gay community and actively and openly using their offices to fan the flames of violence and domestic terrorism.
    You can keep you “xenophobia” accusations to yourself, please.

There aren’t places where sharia law is in place in Europe? You must be joking:
    (UK Government website) https://researchbriefings.files.parl...-2019-0102.pdf

Roubaix, 2 hours away from Paris - restaurants enforce segregation between men and women (they eat separately) and stores are not allowed to sell toys with faces:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cal-Islam.html

I am not disputing your point on Christian Nationalism - it is clearly a great risk towards the present and future of the US. I assume it is THE risk.
    Last edited by hyped78; 08-13-2022 at 06:24 AM.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Garfield County Sheriff’s deputies decided to let neighbors of U.S. Rep. Lauren Boebert settle a dispute between themselves and the congresswoman’s husband after he reportedly threatened them and destroyed their mailbox.

But 911 calls from the incident, obtained by The Denver Post, show just how upset and nervous the neighbors were over their run-in with Boebert’s husband, Jayson Boebert.

The calls also provide additional context into what the neighbors, in Silt, said amounted to excessive speeding, property damage, possible drunken driving and threats made from a man whose family openly and regularly carries their firearms.

“I’m sure he’s loaded to the hilt. Do you know who his wife is? Lauren Boebert. She’s loaded. They all have guns,” one neighbor told a 911 dispatcher. “He just got chest to chest, face to face, looking to fight.”
    Listen: Lauren Boebert’s neighbors’ 911 calls describe threats, husband running over mailbox

Would the police have decided to "let neighbors settle a dispute between themselves " if the Boeberts were black?

As for human trafficking, while it is terrible(especially so when it involves children), I think you'll find that Muslims hardly have the market cornered there...and are probably actually in the minority when it comes to races perpetrating those kinds of crimes.

Your articles read like fear mongering to me.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I can't believe I am coming to hyped78's defense here. But there has been much more unrest within Muslim communities in Europe than here in the US. The 2013 riots in Paris. The Charlie Hebdo killings, and so forth. There are problems as well in other countries like Germany, Holland and England...Does this mean the majority of Muslims? Not at all, just as Islamic terrorism is not a part of the majority of Muslims worldwide, but it is a problem non the less. Just as Christian terrorist here does not make all Christians terrorist, they still exist, and there a rhetoric from a larger part of the Christian population that agrees with their ideology, if not their methods.
    I would also say our problem with Christian fundamentalists is more like Iran, than Europe, where a more liberal population allows a radical religious fundamentalist minority to control their country.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

You can keep you “xenophobia” accusations to yourself, please.

There aren’t places where sharia law is in place in Europe? You must be joking:
    (UK Government website) https://researchbriefings.files.parl...-2019-0102.pdf

Roubaix, 2 hours away from Paris - restaurants enforce segregation between men and women (they eat separately) and stores are not allowed to sell toys with faces:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cal-Islam.html

I am not disputing your point on Christian Nationalism - it is clearly a great risk towards the present and future of the US. I assume it is THE risk.
    It says it right in your article man, "The ISC is a Registered Charity and not a formal court of law, and therefore only deals with the Islamic Nikah marriage ceremony rather than civil marriage contracts." "“fears that (Sharia) councils are forming a parallel legal system appear to be unfounded” "The review observed that the overwhelming majority of those using Sharia councils were women, of which more than 90% had sought an 'Islamic divorce'."

So, yeah the concern is just fear mongering.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I can't believe I am coming to hyped78's defense here. But there has been much more unrest within Muslim communities in Europe than here in the US. The 2013 riots in Paris. The Charlie Hebdo killings, and so forth. There are problems as well in other countries like Germany, Holland and England...Does this mean the majority of Muslims? Not at all, just as Islamic terrorism is not a part of the majority of Muslims worldwide, but it is a problem non the less. Just as Christian terrorist here does not make all Christians terrorist, they still exist, and there a rhetoric from a larger part of the Christian population that agrees with their ideology, if not their methods.
    I would also say our problem with Christian fundamentalists is more like Iran, than Europe, where a more liberal population allows a radical religious fundamentalist minority to control their country.
    I don't condone any of the killings over cartoons of Mohamed, but the general unrest you're talking about is largely because they are minority populations that are being treated poorly by the governments they reside under. What we're seeing in Europe isn't like the way Christian Nationalists are operating in the US but rather something akin to the race riots the US went through in the 60's and more recently in the wake of the string of high profile police brutality cases against minority populations.

While I generally abhor violence, sometimes sadly it is the only thing that gets the people in power to listen and actually change things for the better.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 08-13-2022 at 07:08 AM.

As for human trafficking, while it is terrible(especially so when it involves children), I think you'll find that Muslims hardly have the market cornered there...and are probably actually in the minority when it comes to races perpetrating those kinds of crimes.

Your articles read like fear mongering to me.
    Articles from outlets like BBC, Guardian, Independent and France24 are fear mongering? OK

There have been huge scandals here in the UK with grooming gangs, e.g. Rochdale. I can provide more examples... and the perpetrators are always muslim. Of course there are rapists of all races and beliefs but here in the UK all the big grooming gangs are muslim. This is a fact.

Norway even has "rape awareness classes" for muslim migrants:
    https://www.thelocal.no/20160120/no-...-rape-courses/

It says it right in your article man, "The ISC is a Registered Charity and not a formal court of law, and therefore only deals with the Islamic Nikah marriage ceremony rather than civil marriage contracts." "“fears that (Sharia) councils are forming a parallel legal system appear to be unfounded” "The review observed that the overwhelming majority of those using Sharia councils were women, of which more than 90% had sought an 'Islamic divorce'."

Meanwhile, the home office of the UK:

The majority of child sexual abuse gangs are made up of white men under the age of 30, an official paper has said.

The report, which covers England, Scotland and Wales and summarises a range of studies on the issue of group-based child sexual exploitation (CSE), also known as grooming gangs, said there was not enough evidence to conclude that child sexual abuse gangs were disproportionately made up of Asian offenders.

High-profile cases including in Rotherham, Rochdale and Telford have involved groups of men of mainly Pakistani ethnicity, fuelling a perception that it is an “Asian problem”.

See, you don't know what you are talking about. For the UK Government, Sharia Courts aren't law... but for those communities it IS the law.

We also have a teacher here who, for fear of being beheaded like the one in France, is in hiding:
    https://metro.co.uk/2021/06/18/teach...mmed-14795857/

See, you don't know what you are talking about. For the UK Government, Sharia Courts aren't law... but for those communities it IS the law.
    It has zero difference from an orthodox rabbianical court, which is also in existence and is also 'the law' for those communities in religious civil matters.

If you're going to criticize the existence of religious courts for matrimonial disputes, fine I guess, but if you only do it because Muslims, well...

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Meanwhile, the home office of the UK:
    Nah, that ship has long sailed. They don’t record full ethnicity data of perpetrators for being of being considered racist:
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b2007649.html

“The fight against grooming gangs is still being hampered by authorities’ fears that they could be called racist for documenting abusers’ ethnicity, an official has said.”

Even in UK jails there’s a problem:
    https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-...ns-2022-04-27/
    Last edited by hyped78; 08-13-2022 at 06:51 AM.