I saw a "TRUMP GOT RAIDED, F*** THE FBI!" protest in Gilbert, AZ on Thursday.

And by that, I mean it was one lone wolf, crazy ***hole standing on the corner of a grocery store parking lot with a sign with poor spelling in the heat on the blacktop, punishing themselves in those triple digit temperatures to spread the dark gospel of ex-President Marmalade Mammon.

Might as well have been a guy with, "THE END IS NIGH".

I want to say there's no reason to believe this is gonna escalate, but the right's media arm overexaggerate their impact, as seen with Trump's inauguration, or say, the "Trucker Protests" at the U.S. Capitol inspired by Canada's one that were like... maybe a dozen rigs.

But then again, stochastic terror only takes one, and some dude just crashed into a barricade at the Capitol, exchanged gunfire with police, the car caught ablaze, and then he shot himself rather than be arrested.

So that's a fun Sunday headline that's almost definitely thanks to Trump's influence on the country.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I ... don't think any of us specifically think this instance is still going, Mets. Meal Team Six had other places to be.
    Captain Europe asked last night if any Republican called on them to stand down?
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Has even a single Republican called on that mob to stand down, or are they choosing to be complicit?
    scourge posted in the morning that Republicans are refusing to call on them to stand down, which leaves the impression that the protest is ongoing.
    Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Looks like they're not only refusing to call on them to stand down, but continuing to encourage them and almost hoping they escalate from just screaming and waving their poorly made signs and inaccurate Confederate flags.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Captain Europe asked last night if any Republican called on them to stand down?

scourge posted in the morning that Republicans are refusing to call on them to stand down, which leaves the impression that the protest is ongoing.
    ...except no. No it doesn't. Unless you're trying really hard to make it have that impression for yourself anyway.
    Last edited by scourge; 08-14-2022 at 08:14 AM.

A reminder that billionaires are bad:
    This just in: Elon Musk never intended to actually build his Hyperloop idea in California. He proposed it just to stop the high-speed rail project.

That was news to me when Paris Marx, a technology writer from Canada, wrote about Musk for Time magazine and posted on Twitter Thursday. He quotes Musk’s official biographer as the source.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/elon-musk...183822630.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I live right at the state border of Florida and Alabama, so sadly have to witness the ads for two states' worth or awful conservatives. But Gaetz especially offends me everytime his commercials pop up.
    I thought Matt Gaetz was retiring to Fox news or OAN?

To be honest weather it is ongoing or not. it should be known that standing outside of law enforcement with Ar 15s is not welcome. All it takes is one nut job to show up and it will be a bad end to it.

They still refuse to speak out and condemn the man in Ohio.

If people want to protest fine. But dont bring weapons. That should be the message they are sending.

But of course they are hoping things escalate.

Like I said the other day. They know they kind of people in their party. They know How unhinged some of their base is. That is why they dial up the crazy talk. To appeal to them and have something like Ohio happen. The thing they are upset about is not more people got hurt.

I mean that guy in Ohio was live posting on Truth Social and they didnt remove the posts or ban the guy until after he was dead. They left it up so people can see his talk of him dying to protect the country.

Then they say. "We didnt want this we didnt plan for this." Then go right on talking about how the FBI is coming for YOU next and you need to do something about it.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

A reminder that billionaires are bad:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/elon-musk...183822630.html
    Billionaires also create jobs. Tesla employs 110 thousand people.

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Billionaires also create jobs
    No, they don't. They're a drag on the economy, if anything. Every billionaire is a policy failure

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The protest of 25 people ended at Noon yesterday, and was described as lawful by an FBI spokesman.

https://www.azfamily.com/2022/08/14/...ices-saturday/

The response to this here seems to be as if it's still ongoing. It lasted for a few hours, and then they went home.
    There is a distinct pattern of wild exaggeration from many posters here, usually the ones using and abusing words like "terrorist", "fascist" and "nazis"

No, they don't. They're a drag on the economy, if anything. Every billionaire is a policy failure
    I think you need to lend me that Picard facepalm gif you were going to use the other day

Are you going to give jobs to those 110 thousand Tesla employees? Or should they all become civil servants or something?

There is a distinct pattern of wild exaggeration from many posters here, usually the ones using and abusing words like "terrorist", "fascist" and "nazis"
    Or Far Left
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by mortari View Post
    and if you listen to the full Bill Clinton audio tape from the trial, they asked him the question in the wrong context, he asks them if they are asking it correctly and then he answered in the context of the question. All we ever here is the 1 line.
    Is there a good writeup to show that the only thing Clinton said that was untrue was due to someone taking a comment out of context?

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Yeah, that is called perjury. Bill didn't have to lie under oath. Not when he still has the senate Democrats on his side. And the senate cannot impeach him without a two-thirds majority.

There is no law against having an extramarital affair with a younger subordinate. He was never charged with the affair but the perjury and obstruction of justice. Bill was already serving a second term in office, so he cannot run reelection. So he didn't have to lie under oath.
    He did it because he was embarrassing, but that's not exactly a valid excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I'll point out that another difference is that Clinton was targeted by an obsessed investigator who wasn't going to stop until he found something, anything, no matter how far outside his initial reason for investigating to begin with. The start of it all was a bad real estate deal where most people, including the Clintons, lost money. When that didn't pan out, they expanded.
    The investigation also involved allegations of sexual harassment by a state employee Paula Jones.

She made the allegation on May 1991. Linda Tripp gave affidavits to Paula Jones' lawyers about Clinton's relationship with Monica Lewinsky, so this was something likely to come out anyway, especially with the Supreme Court ruling on whether Paula Jones could sue a sitting President for something he did before he was President.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-sr...tarr020698.htm

I'm sure Trump supporters would try to make excuses about the things he did wrong, and the ways investigations can snowball when a President advises a witness to lie under oath.

Yeah, any attempt to make this about 'the democrats setting a standard' is just a GOP leaners effort to excuse what your own party does and what its voters vote for, and to excuse both of those things.
    It is kinda telling that there are all these comments about how Trump is obviously worse than Clinton, but no one's able to list three things he did that are as wrong (this one's likely the easiest qualification) as lying in a deposition, as clearly illegal and where his guilt is as certain.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Off-topic but I've been meaning to ask - who is the character on your avatar? It looks familiar but I can't identify it?

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Or Far Left
    Oh no, because I also say "far right". Far left and far right are one thing... calling folks "fascists" and "communists" is another. As I've said before, I consider Trump, Gaetz, MTG as far right.

Oh no, because I also say "far right". Far left and far right are one thing... calling folks "fascists" and "communists" is another. As I've said before, I consider Trump, Gaetz, MTG as far right.
    As of late they are far left. Defund the police. pardon Antifa members. Very Far left.