Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I keep coming back to Aesop's Fables the way some staunch progressives talk. Specifically the one about the greedy child and the jar of nuts. Unwilling to let go of even a single nut, the child was unable to get their hand out of the jar, and had no nuts.

The US system is set up to require compromise, largely because there are millions of other people with ideas on How Things Should Be Done that are different than yours, and you either compromise, or resort to the only way for a minority to force it's ideas onto a majority - Tyranny.
    That is a perfect image.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    I have not been bored in decades. I have intellectual curiosity and Internet access. I don't need a murderous shitshow to keep me distracted.
    This. The only people who say we'd be bored without Trump are people who never paid attention to politics before Trump.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    This. The only people who say we'd be bored without Trump are people who never paid attention to politics before Trump.
    Yet some/ many people here post much more about Trump vs. everything else. Some people, ALL they post about is Trump.

(there's nothing wrong with that per se)
    Last edited by hyped78; 08-18-2022 at 03:59 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Shout-out to South Park, but I do like "Run to You".
    Maaaan, that takes me back.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Yet some/ many people here post much more about Trump vs. everything else. Some people, ALL they post about is Trump.

The man started a movement that could literally end Democracy in the most powerful country in the world. It's big news. Sorry if we chat more about him than Rodrigo Chaves Robles.

Top Defense Lawyers Refuse To Represent Trump

The struggle to find expert legal advice puts Trump in a bind as he faces potential criminal exposure from a records dispute with the National Archives that escalated into a federal investigation into possible violations of the Espionage Act and other statutes.

“Everyone is saying no,” said a prominent Republican lawyer, who like some others spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss confidential conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    The man started a movement that could literally end Democracy in the most powerful country in the world. It's big news. Sorry if we chat more about him than Rodrigo Chaves Robles.
    You don't need to "apologize" for anything, just own it. Like I said, there's nothing wrong with talking about Trump all the time.

I guess the question is - he had 74 million votes in 2020. Why are so many million embittered and disengaged from politics and what can be done to bring them to a more moderate stance?
    Nothing productive can be accomplished until the Republican Party abandons their party over country, win at all costs philosophy.
    The path to authoritarianism begins where one party abandons their principals and forgets the reason for their existence in the first place, that being to improve the lives of the citizenry.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

I post about Trump more then anything. This is a political thread and his batshit crazy is a bit new worthy. Thank you for saying there is nothing wrong with it so I can keep doing it
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Nothing productive can be accomplished until the Republican Party abandons their party over country, win at all costs philosophy.
    The path to authoritarianism begins where one party abandons their principals and forgets the reason for their existence in the first place, that being to improve the lives of the citizenry.
    I don't see it happening anytime soon, unfortunately. Just look at Liz Cheney's primary loss.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I post about Trump more then anything. This is a political thread and his batshit crazy is a bit new worthy. Thank you for saying there is nothing wrong with it so I can keep doing it
    You're quite different from some of the other folks, you're not afraid to say "I post about Trump more than anything", while others are like "oh no, I don't care at all about Trump" but then all they do is post about him

Astonishing Member

It used to be that political discourse was about specific policies or laws that were currently the subject of debate, and sometimes about general overall philosophies of the role and purpose of government. For the past 6 years, however, one of the USA's two political parties has made itself be about a single person (at that person's insistence). Even the party platform that it adopted at its convention was a single page, saying that the party will support that person in whatever he chooses to do. What he has chosen to do is to make his own personal grievances national issues. So yeah, most political discussion is now about that person. He wouldn't have it any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    It used to be that political discourse was about specific policies or laws that were currently the subject of debate, and sometimes about general overall philosophies of the role and purpose of government. For the past 6 years, however, one of the USA's two political parties has made itself be about a single person (at that person's insistence). Even the party platform that it adopted at its convention was a single page, saying that the party will support that person in whatever he chooses to do. What he has chosen to do is to make his own personal grievances national issues. So yeah, most political discussion is now about that person. He wouldn't have it any other way.
    Of course. With his inflated ego, Trump is very happy that everyone talks about him, either good or bad. Even other GOP hopefuls will have to navigate through that somehow.

One thing I find funny is when a member of the GOP cult or Fox news bitch about how much CNN and the Democrats talk about Trump and how sad it is we are so hyper focused on one person. Then do a 5 hours special on Hunters Laptop.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Reading about Pence yesterday trying to tell his party to stop trashing the FBI and respect the process as they are "The party of Law and Order" is hilarious. Still trying to claim that after January 6th as their own people attacked cops and killed them. Then they spent everyday since then downplaying it all and lamenting the 'treatment' of their base.

And even now attacking the FBI cause they came to get the classified documents Trump wouldn't give up after being subpoenaed and practically begged to return as directed prior to having to go raid and get it all.

Even though I am not a fan of Liz Cheney, she was literally just fired by Wyoming GOP voters for being a part of a committee trying to bring justice to the officers killed on Jan 6th. Yet there are still some like Pence trying to claim a high ground on supporting law enforcement.
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 08-18-2022 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Reading about Pence yesterday trying to tell his party to stop trashing the FBI and respect the process as they are "The party of Law and Order" is hilarious. Still trying to claim that after January 6th as their own people attacked cops and killed them. Then they spent everyday since then downplaying it all and lamenting the 'treatment' of their base.

And even know attacking the FBI cause they came to get the classified documents Trump wouldn't give up after being subpoenaed and practically begged to return as directed prior to having to go raid and get it all.
    Pence is a spinless joke. If he cared about Law and Order he would talk about what he knows about the 6th. Before, During and after. But even after his own boss sent a mob to kill him(And his family because they were there also) and after Trump kept bashing him after Pence kissed the ring and fell in line and kissed the ring. And he still refuses to speak about the 6th in any way. "No Comment... our country need to move on."

He is hated in his party, he is hated and is a joke outside of his party.