Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Of course. With his inflated ego, Trump is very happy that everyone talks about him, either good or bad. Even other GOP hopefuls will have to navigate through that somehow.
    The fear of becoming irrelevant is a common trait among wealthy, elderly, white men, especially politicians.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    The fear of becoming irrelevant is a common trait among wealthy, elderly, white men, especially politicians.
    Agree - and that's not only in the US

Not sure if anyone is following the elections in Brazil, but the current President Bolsonaro - who is usually considered the "Brazilian Donald Trump" - is trailing left-wing challenged Lula (former President) by 12% in the first round and 16% in the run-off

https://www.reuters.com/world/americ...ll-2022-08-16/

Taking a page out of Trump's playbook, Bolsonaro has already said that if he loses the election it's because it's rigged. Instead of using "mail voting" as a scapegoat in the US, he is pointing fingers at "electronic voting" (the same electronic voting that elected him in the previous elections...)

Elections will take place in October.
    Last edited by hyped78; 08-18-2022 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Ron Johnson is also struggling in the polls.

And incumbent being this far under water this early in the race is ... unusual.
    Ron Johnson is unusually stupid.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Ron Johnson is unusually stupid.
    He has the Bingo of Trump supporter, Covid denier, Climate Change denier, Gun lover etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Anyone who does not understand the majority of this thread SHOULD be about Trump and his terror cult does not understand what the General understands:

I think this can't be reiterated enough.

Well, I mean, Fox News - and there's even worse in OAN and what was the other one? (I forgot but there was another wacky right-wing network) - makes headline news about things that either don't exist or are spun in a completely wrong way.

I just opened Fox News and they have this on the front page, it's the 2nd top article as I'm typing:
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gra...fection-in-fbi

"Senator calls out FBI over alleged bias in Hunter Biden, Trump investigations"

They have an uncanny ability to disregard whatever Trump is being investigated for/ accused of and to scream "Hunter Biden's laptop!", "Hillary's e-mails!".

The problem is that if you're someone who ONLY watches Fox News, of course you're going to believe this and think that there's FBI bias and some sort of witch hunt.

The other 'network' is Newsmax.

Not sure if anyone is following the elections in Brazil, but the current President Bolsonaro - who is usually considered the "Brazilian Donald Trump" - is trailing left-wing challenged Lula (former President) by 12% in the first round and 16% in the run-off

Taking a page out of Trump's playbook, Bolsonaro has already said that if he wins the election it's because it's rigged. Instead of using "mail voting" as a scapegoat in the US, he is pointing fingers at "electronic voting" (the same electronic voting that elected him in the previous elections...)

Wait... he admitted that if he wins, the election was rigged? Or did you mean to say he said if he loses it was rigged?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    The other 'network' is Newsmax.

Wait... he admitted that if he wins, the election was rigged? Or did you mean to say he said if he loses it was rigged?
    Yes, Newsmax! Thanks

Sorry, my mistake - if he loses - I've just edited my comment. He's preemptively saying that, if he loses in October, it's because the election is rigged because of electronic voting

Yes, Newsmax! Thanks

Sorry, my mistake - if he loses - I've just edited my comment. He's preemptively saying that, if he loses in October, it's because the election is rigged because of electronic voting
    That makes more sense. But then again, the guy sounds like a big enough idiot that he would admit the election was rigged if he won.

That makes more sense. But then again, the guy sounds like a big enough idiot that he would admit the election was rigged if he won.
    Look at that idiot Kari Lake in Arizona. made a huge fuss about election fraud and she has proof but couldnt say anything because she didnt want to mess with the investigation.

But she won her primary and hasnt made a peep about the fraud. Almost as if such a thing is not a worry any more. At least not until Nov.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

He's ex military, big fan of the junta/ military dictatorship years in Brazil (including publicly expressing support for torture), Covid denier ("it's just a little flu", he said), believes everyone should own a gun... you get the idea.

Many analysts in Brazil fear a military takeover if/when he loses - and obviously Brazil's democracy isn't as solid as US democratic institutions.

Taking a page out of Trump's playbook, Bolsonaro has already said that if he loses the election it's because it's rigged. Instead of using "mail voting" as a scapegoat in the US, he is pointing fingers at "electronic voting" (the same electronic voting that elected him in the previous elections...)

The bad thing is, from what I read his main opponent is just as bad.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    The bad thing is, from what I read his main opponent is just as bad.
    His opponent, Lula, was accused of corruption after he ended his terms as President. He was investigated and eventually jailed for supposedly receiving a flat from an oil & gas company as a bribe. The prosecutor and judge (same person, wacky legal system) who took him down then became Justice Minister under Bolsonaro, the current President.

Lula was eventually freed, and allowed to run in this election, as his prosecution was deemed "politically motivated".

It's hard to know, in Brazil there is a LOT of corruption on all the major political parties.

Russia to stage ‘provocation’ at nuclear plant, warns Ukrainian military

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-nuclear-plant

“The occupiers announced an unexpected ‘day off’ at the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power station. On 19 August, only operative personnel will be at the ZNPP. Entry to all other employees will be closed,” defence intelligence of Ukraine tweeted.
    Not a good sign.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Russia to stage ‘provocation’ at nuclear plant, warns Ukrainian military

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-nuclear-plant

Not a good sign.
    Did you see the Russian 'fake' robot military dog? What a joke:
    https://youtu.be/-I33hZtOrm0