Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Now that Elizabeth has passed, I'm wondering who the actual next in line is as I've not paid much attention to that over the years. Is Charles going to be King or one of his sons?
    King Charles III is now monarch, and he will be succeeded by his son Prince William. That means that the crown will be placed upon two bald heads in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    So do they change the song to "God Save the King" now?
    Yes. That will just be changing it back to what it was prior to the reign of Queen Elizabeth. I suppose another change is that King Charles will now replace Queen Elizabeth on the postage stamps and paper currency. Does that start immediately, or after the formal coronation, or when?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I not a huge Megan fan and her I just want to be left alone tv interviews every other day. But the hate she got was insane. I am more annoyed with her then have any anger for her. But man the things people have said about her cross so many lines.
    I think the hate is just insane and it makes no sense the lengths they go to make her some pantomime villain that stole a beloved son and has him under her spell. Like Harry isn't a grown ass man that makes his own choices. They will have "body language" experts analyzing her at the funeral etc.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Nice to see Bannon in handcuffs on the way to his arraignment. Steve Bannon entering courtroom just now for arraignment: “They will never shut me up, they’ll have to kill me first.”
    I like that he’s leaving options open.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    King Charles III is now monarch, and he will be succeeded by his son Prince William. That means that the crown will be placed upon two bald heads in a row.
    This made me lol.

Yes. That will just be changing it back to what it was prior to the reign of Queen Elizabeth. I suppose another change is that King Charles will now replace Queen Elizabeth on the postage stamps and paper currency. Does that start immediately, or after the formal coronation, or when?
    Im guessing the plkans are in place and will be ready to go after the Formal Coronation.

I think the hate is just insane and it makes no sense the lengths they go to make her some pantomime villain that stole a beloved son and has him under her spell. Like Harry isn't a grown ass man that makes his own choices. They will have "body language" experts analyzing her at the funeral etc.
    Agreed they paint her as some brainwashing Cult member the led Harry Astray and has done nothing but bully Kate.
    Last edited by babyblob; 09-08-2022 at 02:17 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I'm just waiting to see how they come for Megan in the UK press. If she even breathes hard they will be all over her with some bs.
    "Doctored video where she spits on the corpse from Daily Mail" is my prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    She is Queen Consort
    Yes. That's why I used the word "try".

Yet again, thanks for being unnecessarily pedantic.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 09-08-2022 at 02:31 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

DNA evidence matches Clark County Public Administrator Robert Telles to the murder of Las Vegas Review-Journal investigative reporter Jeff German.

https://www.npr.org/2022/09/08/11218...rest-found-dna

Telles blamed German's reporting for his primary loss.

You may think this is a minor political office, but Telles had received 338,445 votes in the 2018 general election (compared to 261,428 votes for his Republican opponent and 34,023 votes for an independent candidate.)

https://ballotpedia.org/Robert_Telles
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Charles may also change his name, as is often customary. He could become an Edward or a George, for instance.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Charles may also change his name, as is often customary. He could become an Edward or a George, for instance.
    It has been announced that he has chosen "Charles III" as his name. I suppose that he's been known as Prince Charles for too long now for him to become known as anything else.

It has been announced that he has chosen "Charles III" as his name. I suppose that he's been known as Prince Charles for too long now for him to become known as anything else.
    Its all about branding. He could become the Prince Formerly Known As Charles
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Oh thanks for sharing. My wife and I were speculating on it.

Well, the bar is pretty low for him to still not be the biggest failure of guys named "King Charles of England". The first got his head chopped off by Cromwell, the second got restored, but ruled during the Great Plague & Great Fire of London in 1665 and 1666, respectively. To say nothing of Charles II signing off on the East India Trading Company doing practically whatever they pleased.

Still, as a Prince, Charles III was a dips***, and there's no reason to suddenly think he's going to be a competent monarch.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I'm just waiting to see how they come for Megan in the UK press. If she even breathes hard they will be all over her with some bs.
    I think the media was already bitching about the fact that she didn't travel with Harry to Balmoral, despite the fact that Kate didn't travel there either.

Something I noticed recently- William is balding in the front, but Harry is balding in the back. It makes it easier for Harry to hide it, but William just needs to shave it off now.

Makes me wonder how the press treated Wallis Simpson back in the day. Were they as harsh as they are towards Meghan?

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Its all about branding. He could become the Prince Formerly Known As Charles
    Considering how old he is, he'll probably be knowns as King Charles the Brief.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Well, the bar is pretty low for him to still not be the biggest failure of guys named "King Charles of England". The first got his head chopped off by Cromwell, the second got restored, but ruled during the Great Plague & Great Fire of London in 1665 and 1666, respectively. To say nothing of Charles II signing off on the East India Trading Company doing practically whatever they pleased.
    Well thats pretty tough to top! They've got Death, Pestilence and Conquest pretty well covered. All thats left is Famine. If I were in England right now, I'd be stockpiling potatoes like crazy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Makes me wonder how the press treated Wallis Simpson back in the day. Were they as harsh as they are towards Meghan?
    She was treated pretty much like a cross between Typhoid Mary and the Whore of Babylon. She was so hated that the king had to give up the throne to be married to her.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I think the media was already bitching about the fact that she didn't travel with Harry to Balmoral, despite the fact that Kate didn't travel there either.
    That's kind of been her story. The press will laud, cry cute, or at worst excuse what Kate does, while demonizing Megan for doing the exact same thing. She may have negative qualities, but it's hard to take the British press at their word knowing what they have already done.
    I remember reading that Elizabeth blamed the abdication for her father's early death, and wouldn't even consider stepping down herself as a result.
    Dark does not mean deep.