Page 348 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 2482983383443453463473483493503513523583984488481348 ... LastLast
Results 5,206 to 5,220 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    If you ask me a question in good faith (IE- no loaded questions), I'll do my best to answer.
    I agree with this. I might not like the answer, but I do think you answer. I've certainly never called for your banning.

I will admit as well, that I'm not always sure I'm asking in good faith, either. But these are heated topics, I'm sure it gets the better of all of us from time to time.

Astonishing Member

Very good but also LATE. None of that is new. They been spewing hate unabated. BLM movement and all these advertisers dropping social media and Facebook in particular shook up their bottom lines

Mighty Member

Stefan Molyneux is a creepy dude, like a weird occult leader. While not a self professed white supremacist/nationalist like David Duke and Richard Spencer, he definitely believes that racial and gender IQ discrepancies are primarily genetic (a completely unscientific viewpoint to take based on the evidence) and he has a strange misogamist bent towards women, and seems to view feminism as leading to western civilizations decline.

Definitely don't want impressionable teenagers tuning into him when the parents are at work.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Jacksonville just initiated a mandatory mask law for all public gatherings. I expect the "president" to demand another venue change soon.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Jacksonville just initiated a mandatory mask law for all public gatherings. I expect the "president" to demand another venue change soon.
    I guess there is always Alaska.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I guess there is always Alaska.
    Atlantis would be even better.
    Dark does not mean deep.

House Democrats push through first bill in a decade expanding Affordable Care Act

The House Monday passed the first significant expansion of the Affordable Care Act since its birth a decade ago, providing Democrats a high-wattage platform to castigate President Trump for his efforts to overturn the landmark law during a pandemic and an election year.

The 234-179 vote, largely along party lines, was a hollow exercise in terms of any chance the bill would become law and reshape federal health policy. Moments after the debate began, the White House announced the president would veto the legislation if it reached his desk, though a wall of Senate Republican opposition to the measure makes that a moot point.

Still, the vote was laden with political implications. Less than five months before presidential and congressional elections, it forced Republicans to go on the record about the ACA and showed anew the parties’ highly charged ideological differences on health care — an issue that consistently polls as a prime concern among U.S. voters. Democrats portrayed themselves as champions of access to affordable care at a critical time. Republicans characterized the opposing party as authors of a failed law and proponents of tax increases.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    I love that places just keep going, "Thanks, but no thanks" to the RNC.

Here's hoping that they don't end up in Arizona or Texas.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Very good but also LATE. None of that is new. They been spewing hate unabated. BLM movement and all these advertisers dropping social media and Facebook in particular shook up their bottom lines
    Exactly.

YouTube in particular has been very, very, very instrumental in the rise of the alt-right. Beyond the idiots they banned, their are tons of channels that profit off gamergate and comicsgate bull ****. YouTube should have been far more proactive from the start because a lot of young people have already been radicalized.

One of the reasons I’ve always felt okay about ad blocking YouTube. A lot of private companies have been okay with hate speech under the guise of free speech, and open platforms. Fine. But I’m not giving you any ad money.

It’s also important to know who’s advertising with these people/channels, and not supporting them.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Namor (or Aquaman if you’re a DC fan) wouldn’t like that.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly.

YouTube in particular has been very, very, very instrumental in the rise of the alt-right. Beyond the idiots they banned, their are tons of channels that profit off gamergate and comicsgate bull ****. YouTube should have been far more proactive from the start because a lot of young people have already been radicalized.
    Plus YouTube is very aggressive in demonetizing history channels. Showing nazi symbols as part of the historical record is bad, but actual living breathing nazis are fine, apparently. That, and the PragerU videos. Maybe Quibi will take off.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    If you ask me a question in good faith (IE- no loaded questions), I'll do my best to answer.

The idea that I dodge offering controversial opinions is pretty ridiculous. I will say things that can piss off Republicans and Democrats simultaneously, like expressing preferences that some Republicans win and some Republicans lose in crucial elections in the midterms.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ke#post3979337

Left-wing posters have called for me to be banned, and some right-winger did a youtube video about how much he hates me.

I do try to be precise, and focus on a question at hand, rather than viewing every issue as a proxy for which side is right. The main time I might seem evasive is when I'm working out a controversial question myself and/ or do not know the answer. As a general principle, I do think it is better to acknowledge uncertainty and to take care to avoid saying things that may turn out to be untrue.

I seldom agree with you, but I do appreciate that you come here and state your point of view, and are willing to debate it.

Trump had a Twitch account? Isn't that were they post videos of people playing videogames?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Why not Russia? Not like his supporters would mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    Stefan Molyneux is a creepy dude, like a weird occult leader. While not a self professed white supremacist/nationalist like David Duke and Richard Spencer, he definitely believes that racial and gender IQ discrepancies are primarily genetic (a completely unscientific viewpoint to take based on the evidence) and he has a strange misogamist bent towards women, and seems to view feminism as leading to western civilizations decline.

Definitely don't want impressionable teenagers tuning into him when the parents are at work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly.

In a thread where "Capitalism" versus "Communism" has been a thing, it's absolutely worth noting that the thing that quite a few folks are saying took far too long took that long because capitalism was working exactly as it was intended to.