Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    These 14 Republican Candidates Actively Fought to Overturn the 2020 Election

Now let's see which of these 14 are on Met's List - Only one, but then again most of them are House Races.
    That's bad but not an indication of white nationalism.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Thats what kills me about the so called High Moral GOP.

"We hate Trump dont lump us in as a Trumper"

But then they go out and vote for Trump backed Candidates, Candidates that back the big lie and want the 6th terrorists pardoned, they back white supremacists and hate mongers, Pretty much everything Trump stands for.

But hey MTG is not Trump so its all good right?
    I support MTG's general election opponent.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I support MTG's general election opponent.
    I wasnt speaking of you with the MTG. More the GOP as a whole. I think its crazy that there are so many so called Anti Trump GOP but support candidates that are backed by him and say the same things he does.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Im tired of hearing "I Dont Support Trump." In the same breath as "I love my candidate. He believes the election was stolen, Wants to Defund the FBI and Pardon the Jan 6th Terrorists. Also they are backed by Trump. But no I hate Trump."

They are either to stupid to see they are backing Trump and what he stands for or they are just hoping we are too dumb to see they are gaslighting.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Fantastic Member

What does gaslighting mean?

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I wasnt speaking of you with the MTG. More the GOP as a whole. I think its crazy that there are so many so called Anti Trump GOP but support candidates that are backed by him and say the same things he does.
    It'll be interesting to compare her vote totals in the district with the Republican candidates for statewide office.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbi View Post
    What does gaslighting mean?
    "Gaslighting is a colloquialism, loosely defined as manipulating someone so as to make them question their own reality"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Meanwhile, I walked past Ross Elementary School in St. Louis yesterday, and they had a board out front advertising to vote yes on a Proposition. One of the things said Proposition would do would be the removal of ASBESTOS from the building.

I'm sorry, I thought they removed Asbestos from public buildings like schools by the 80s.
    I think it probably depends on the buildings involved, the resources of the community, and whether there's direct exposure risk to the students. It's pretty darn expensive to remove it, and can be risky. A quick google search says that up to a third of schools in the US still have it, most of the ones built between 1950 and 1969. And considering that was post-war boom times in the US that's a lot of schools and public buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    It was in multiple news outlets, I just happened to choose that one. And previous gain of function researchers have denied that too, before being found out. And either that was a misquote, or it was suspiciously ungrammatical for the press release of a university. Nor is it unusual. There are quite few gain of function enthusiasts among that crowd, along with many more sensible sorts who condemn it, so this is just par for the course.
    Mayhap it may be my own personal bias, but in my (admittedly limited) experience in discussions about Covid and its handling and treatment I find that those most concerned with the term "gain of function" also tend to be the farthest out there on the conspiracy branches, with follow-up talk about the evils of Dr. Fauci and the dangers of the "clot-shot". Not to say you're one of those, but to beware when you see that phrase in an article or opinion piece. Research on disease, viruses, vaccines, and the like has been ongoing for decades, and while there are risks involved the risk of cutting off research that could prevent another outbreak or even just help us manage one can't be overstated.

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    "Gaslighting is a colloquialism, loosely defined as manipulating someone so as to make them question their own reality"
    The term originated in the 1944 film, "Gaslight," where a man tries to convince his wife that she's going crazy so that he can get his hands on her money.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    She's arguably even worse... if that's possible
    I think she is. With Trump, everything he does is about enriching himself. Even the hateful things he espouses, I think at least for some of it- is more to rally his base behind him than because he actually means it.

With MTG, she means every hateful, spiteful thing she says.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    I think it probably depends on the buildings involved, the resources of the community, and whether there's direct exposure risk to the students. It's pretty darn expensive to remove it, and can be risky. A quick google search says that up to a third of schools in the US still have it, most of the ones built between 1950 and 1969. And considering that was post-war boom times in the US that's a lot of schools and public buildings.
    That honestly surprises me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    That's bad but not an indication of white nationalism.
    It is, considering they wanted to overturn the election to install a white nationalist to be president for life.

But hey, keep defending white nationalists, Mets. Let's see how long it takes before people start realizing you're down the same path the candidates are.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

It’s damn hard for anyone to top Herschel Walker who embarrasses himself every time he opens his mouth, and that scene last Friday night when he whipped out that toy store cop badge during his debate with Raphael Warnock might well have been the topper. Meanwhile, Mehmet Oz isn’t knee knocking stupid like Walker, but he’s a smarmy, sleazy, carpetbagging snake oil salesman, in some ways, that’s makes him worse than Walker because he knows what he’s doing.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    The term originated in the 1944 film, "Gaslight," where a man tries to convince his wife that she's going crazy so that he can get his hands on her money.
    Didn’t know that, interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I think she is. With Trump, everything he does is about enriching himself. Even the hateful things he espouses, I think at least for some of it- is more to rally his base behind him than because he actually means it.

With MTG, she means every hateful, spiteful thing she says.
    Agreed. She is Qanon through and through

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    I’ve read similar things about some schools here in Europe, unfortunately

Astonishing Member

Georgia smashes record for early voting

Georgia voters turned out for the first day of early voting in record numbers, with ballots cast already exceeding one-day early voting results in the 2018 midterms.

On Monday, 131,318 ballots were cast in-person. In the 2018 midterm elections, 70,849 ballots were cast in-person on the first day of early voting, according to a release from the Georgia secretary of state’s office.

Monday’s results inched close to the 136,739 ballots cast on the first day of early voting in 2020, a presidential election year.
    Good to see in terms of enthusiasm.