Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Had a friend days ago try and tell me how someone can kill as many with several hand guns. Even me a non gun person is like ? Your seriously saying this with an assault rifle that can fire way more bullets so many seconds ? Yet he kept persisting this.
    "Several" hand guns? How does he think anyone can hold and fire any more than two at a time?
    Watching television is not an activity.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I hope Michael Moore is right about another blue wave next month.

I also noticed how flustered Ron gets when confronted in person. I can't tell if he's about to explode with anger or start crying.
    If old man Crist can make him look so bad, imagine what Trump would do with him in a primary debate. Ron better start giving the DOJ info on Mar-A-Lago if he ever wants to be president.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    "Several" hand guns? How does he think anyone can hold and fire any more than two at a time?
    When one handgun runs out of bullets you switch to the next one, faster than reloading.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I havnt been following the news much. Why I havnt been post much on the thread as of late. So I had no idea what was going on with Kanye West until I watched they news and they shows some demonstration from a White hate group with their "Kanye is right about the Jews signs." and in what may be the only time the GOP comes to the defense of a black man talking about "Cancel Culture." going after Kanye. So I listened to the things he said.

Yikes the whole thing. This day in age we have people who not only feel this way and openly speak about it but a large group of the population that defends them.

Maybe it is because of the mood I have been in the last few days. But I sit here and think of the direction of this world, the school shootings, the 6 top news stories on my local news being about shootings 2 of which involve children, the racists being openly celebrated, rights being taken away from people, the hate crimes, pandemics, a war caused by a mad man causing untold suffering for so many, a supporter of terrorism being the front runner for president.

I just dont know how we fix this. I just dont know how we come back or if we even can.
    I actually said the same thing in the minority thread.

The world is in a pretty disturbing way right now and things aren’t looking good.

To top it all off, there’s the possibility of extremists taking of the House and Senate. Throw in a radical Supreme Court and things don’t look good. On a personal level, I’m consciously zoning out of some of this stuff for personal reasons. The surge in bigotry alone is tough enough to deal with.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

So, how did that debate between Oz and Fetterman go? Well, we had this crap.

Oz says his abortion position: should be between "a woman, her doctor, and local political leaders" #PASenDebate

Doctor Oz should find an exception to abortion, and abort his campaign.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Physicians in PA would like to tell the public a few things about Mehmet Oz.

Things that haven't been reported in the press enough, but should matter to all of us.

A thread.
    Doctors are not letting Oz get off easy.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

Third in line to vote easy and quick. Want abbot gone but not likely unfortunately.

The Remote Control Killers Behind Russia’s Cruise Missile Strikes on Ukraine

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/uk-a...es-on-ukraine/

Why we are wary of Russian émigrés in Georgia – so soon after Russian invaders

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ssian-invaders

Very good read, in case anyone thinks that fleeing russians are not treated fairly abroad.
    At first glance, there is no problem at all in a noble act of hospitality – Georgia giving shelter to people who do not want to fight in war is truly a kind act. Beneath the surface, however, problems are brewing. Even without official numbers, a brief walk around central parts of Tbilisi is enough to confirm that the language predominantly spoken in the streets now is Russian.

Few, if any, of these displaced Russians, even if they are fleeing a totalitarian regime and positioning themselves against the war, seem keen to show off their pacifist ideas once safely in Georgia. Apart from a couple of small-scale demos, I cannot recall any significant acts of protest by relocated Russians against the war, let alone in support of Ukraine. At the end of September a popular joke circulating on Georgian social media went: “Oh, man, it is exhausting to read thousands of posts by Russian migrants freely criticising Putin’s politics and the war in Ukraine.” Of course, the truth is very few Russians have taken advantage of the (still existing) freedom of speech in Georgia.

Some are more vocal in expressing their disapproval of the graffiti in the streets supporting Ukraine or comparing Putin to male genitalia. When a bar in Tblisi began asking its Russian visitors for “visas”, issued if they ticked a “Glory to Ukraine” box, many Russians, including the reality TV star Ksenia Sobchak, protested vociferously on social media. I witnessed a Russian customer in my local cafe storm out swearing obscenities when a staff member, who did not speak Russian, politely told her the wifi password was “StandwithUkraine”.

In these instances, the complaint is always about alleged “Russophobia”. Yet a fear now widely discussed among Georgians is that these 2022 arrivals could eventually form a new Russian diaspora and in some hypothetical future scenario serve as justification for the Kremlin to order another attack on Georgia in the name of “protecting” Russian-speaking citizens. However absurd this sounds, one should not forget how Putin has weaponised language and identity issues as a pretext for invading Ukraine.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Third in line to vote easy and quick. Want abbot gone but not likely unfortunately.
    My neighbor and I went and did our Early voting a few days ago. I was very disappointed to see the lack of turn out. I know my county is very red but I was hoping there would be a bigger turn out for early voting. Maybe people are doing it by mail? But we were in and out very quickly.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

So there’s no surprise that his voting record looks like this:

Ralph Norman's Democratic challenger, Evangeline Hundley, will have to pull the mother of all upsets in a deep red district to win in two week's time.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Only 35% in the UK now approve of Brexit. It's amazing how many were bamboozled by this stupid decision that was obviously going to screw the Country.
    They could lose Scotland and Northern Ireland over this asinine vote. That Boris, Farage and the rest had no idea how they could make it work is not surprising. Much like most of the GOP policy here. But they manage to keep duping voters.
    The new PM, Sunak, is/was also a Brexiteer. Unfortunately, there's not much that can be done now, apart from trying to manage the situation as best possible under the circumstances. More people should've turned out to vote on such an important issue (almost 30% didn't vote).

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    I think it's 100% the access to guns. I mentioned earlier that we had a shooting earlier this month which has since been classified as terrorism. It's not something that happens often (shooting I mean, this was the first terrorist attack in the country), the last I remember was few years ago. In this case, the shooter had access to his father's gun and even came back after the deed, changed the gun for another(!) that he then killed himself with.
    But if we had access to guns comparable to the US, I firmly believe that it would be just as bad as there, because the situation in society - polarization, hate speech from politicians, attacks on rights of minorities, threats towards healthcare workers during pandemic, etc. seems to be very similar to what I hear from people in the US.
    There was also a shooting here in East London (Ilford) a couple of days ago. It was big news - because shootings are very rare here.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Doctor Oz should find an exception to abortion, and abort his campaign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

A thread.
    Doctors are not letting Oz get off easy.
    Well, I'm not defending Dr. Oz at all but yesterday's debate showed that Fetterman has lingering health issues that impact his speech and verbal recognition (e.g. he was reading from closed captions), not sure if he should run for the Senate given the unfortunate situation he's in. The NY Times headline says it all how this debate will be remembered:

"Fetterman, Showing Stroke Effects, Battles Oz in Hostile Senate Debate"
    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/25/u...senate-pa.html
    Last edited by hyped78; 10-26-2022 at 07:52 AM.

My neighbor and I went and did our Early voting a few days ago. I was very disappointed to see the lack of turn out. I know my county is very red but I was hoping there would be a bigger turn out for early voting. Maybe people are doing it by mail? But we were in and out very quickly.
    If Blue voters turn out to vote on election day instead then it won't make a difference vs. voting early

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    If Blue voters turn out to vote on election day instead then it won't make a difference vs. voting early
    With this county I have low hopes of a blue wave. Went over 90 percent Trump in 2016 and 2020. But im hoping for a blue wave in the state overall.

There is a Republican County headquarters in the county but nothing for the Democrats. The Blue have pretty much given up on my county and it is sad.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

With this county I have low hopes of a blue wave. Went over 90 percent Trump in 2016 and 2020. But im hoping for a blue wave in the state overall.

There is a Republican County headquarters in the county but nothing for the Democrats. The Blue have pretty much given up on my county and it is sad.
    Let me put things another way, then - in a county like yours, the good news for Democrats is overall low turnout (lower vs. 2020 or 2018)