Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    My dad spent a lot of time in Mississippi when he was a child in the 60s. He told me about how he got beat by his uncle because it was a real hot day and he used a blacks only water fountain at the park. He was 7 and didnt know what the sign meant. He just knew there was a line of kids in the whites only one and he was hot.

They took it very seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    That's not spin. That's the American context this exists in that you are choosing to ignore.
    Important point - "in the 60s".

Well, fortunately, we're a long way removed from the 60s.

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Of course. Here comes the spin.
    No spin. The context is, she was talking about the Lieutenant Governors mansion in Pennsylvania and it's in-ground swimming pool. They didn't want to live in the mansion, but she wanted to make the pool available for underserved residents to use for swimming lessons because traditionally in the U.S. black children from underserved neighborhoods had no access to pools for swimming.
    It makes sense given the context.

Important point - "in the 60s".

But, underserved neighborhoods in the 2020's still have no pools for children to swim in.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 10-28-2022 at 10:26 AM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    No spin. The context is she was talking about the Lieutenant Governors mansion in Pennsylvania and it's in-ground swimming pool. They didn't want to live in the mansion, but she wanted to make the pool available for underserved residents to use for swimming lessons because traditionally in the U.S. black children from underserved neighborhoods had no access to pools for swimming.
    It makes sense given the context.
    I read the rest yes. Still think it's a silly thing to say.

You are badly overestimating how long a time sixty years actually is. Also, you are deeply underestimating how things played out. Racist White people in America chose to defund public pools and close them in areas where they had to share them with Blacks. We are living with the policy decisions made by racist turds decades ago every day and this is one more consequence of that.

I wish Tucker would give the GOP their talking point on the Pelosi attack.

So far I have heard everything from

High priced call girl and her pimp.

A fake/staged attack by a devoted Antifa member.

An attack by the extreme left.

A random homeless black junkie.

It could not have been a Maga follower because San Francisco is such a blue city.

To this never happened and the police are in on it and there has been no one arrested.
    CNN:
    The man who assaulted Paul Pelosi, the husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, tried to tie him up “until Nancy got home,” according to two sources familiar with the situation. When the police arrived, the assailant was saying he was “waiting for Nancy.”

I read the rest yes. Still think it's a silly thing to say.
    I mean, only when taken out of context and someone reinterprets it for a clickbait headline.

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

I mean, only when taken out of context and someone reinterprets it for a clickbait headline.
    We'll have to agree to disagree

"underserved neighborhoods in the 2020's still have no pools for children to swim in" - irrespective of race

Is Herschel Walker the worst candidate the Republicans have ever run?

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...te-republicans

We'll have to agree to disagree

"underserved neighborhoods in the 2020's still have no pools for children to swim in" - irrespective of race
    Many underserved neighborhoods in the U.S. still tend to be predominantly non-white.

CNN:
    The man who assaulted Paul Pelosi, the husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, tried to tie him up “until Nancy got home,” according to two sources familiar with the situation. When the police arrived, the assailant was saying he was “waiting for Nancy.”
    The police said he also posted far right and religious conspiracies.

And yet Fox News is still saying "Well we still dont know the guys name. We still dont know who is responsible and why. And we still do not know why he was shouting where is Nancy.
    Last edited by babyblob; 10-28-2022 at 10:43 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    You are badly overestimating how long a time sixty years actually is. Also, you are deeply underestimating how things played out. Racist White people in America chose to defund public pools and close them in areas where they had to share them with Blacks. We are living with the policy decisions made by racist turds decades ago every day and this is one more consequence of that.
    Many underserved neighborhoods in the U.S. still tend to be predominantly non-white.
    It's illuminating when someone who hasn't grown up dealing with all of the contextual bigotry here in the US is trying to explain to us how it's not involved because it's after 2020. Especially since that is a conservative talking point bandied about by the GoP who prove their racism and bigotry again and again, showing that it still exists and influences policy makers from top to bottom. And yes, some of those bigots find their way to power through Dem channels but they are not continually defended and voted for by the left.

Astonishing Member

Kanye West is back on Twitter. Won't be long before we see trump whining on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    It's illuminating when someone who hasn't grown up dealing with all of the contextual bigotry here in the US is trying to explain to us how it's not involved because it's after 2020. Especially since that is a conservative talking point bandied about by the GoP who prove their racism and bigotry again and again, showing that it still exists and influences policy makers from top to bottom. And yes, some of those bigots find their way to power through Dem channels but they are not continually defended and voted for by the left.
    Gisele Fetterman also didn't grow up in the US in the 1960s or the 1970s.

"Especially since that is a conservative talking point" - of course. I can't think for myself, how terrible. Apparently people need to see racism everywhere, everywhere!

Anyways, I'm not American, I'm not responsible for racism there. Americans are.
    Last edited by hyped78; 10-28-2022 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Kanye West is back on Twitter. Won't be long before we see trump whining on Twitter.
    Ouch. But not surprising.

I imagine all the internal reviews Twitter had in order to decide suspending Trump, Kanye. And now it's probably just Musk saying "I want them back".

But, honestly, getting Trump back on Twitter might bite the GOP in the ass, if he starts running his mouth so close to the Midterms.
    Last edited by hyped78; 10-28-2022 at 10:48 AM.

Same here. Very shocked if it was random.

And it would not score points for the Dems in the way you think. If this guy does turn out to be part of the Maga crowd then he will be hailed as a hero, political prisoner and Greene will hold prayer services for him.

And anyone to think anything different would show how blind they are as to how things are right now.
    It wasn't, the guy was looking for Nancy. Same as they did on Jan 6.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.