Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Especially because Jack Dorsey cashed out on Elon, and is just making a whole new site. Effectively Twitter 2.0. LOL. He might've hustled Musk to the tune of billions, and held out the newer, better version that also won't have Nazis and white nationalists allowed on it.
    I guess that's why Twitter sued Musk when Musk said he was going to back down from the buyout.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I guess that's why Twitter sued Musk when Musk said he was going to back down from the buyout.
    From what I am reading Musk firing people, even the executives, has nothing to do with any animus, but is all about getting rid of people before they can earn the November bonuses. Which may open him up to more lawsuits.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    From what I am reading Musk firing people, even the executives, has nothing to do with any animus, but is all about getting rid of people before they can earn the November bonuses. Which may open him up to more lawsuits.
    Yeah, I read the same thing this morning. Musk’s actions probably earned him more trouble. Between this and letting racists run amok, he’s just making a royal mess of everything.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yeah, I read the same thing this morning. Musk’s actions probably earned him more trouble. Between this and letting racists run amok, he’s just making a royal mess of everything.
    I once thought that the Excs at Twitter were setting Musk up, but that was before the buyout. Now I think that maybe they are Really setting Musk up. If Musk screws things up bad enough, he might be begging for a bailout himself. Then Dorsey and the others can reclaim it at a fraction of the price.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I once thought that the Excs at Twitter were setting Musk up, but that was before the buyout. Now I think that maybe they are Really setting Musk up. If Musk screws things up bad enough, he might be begging for a bailout himself. Then Dorsey and the others can reclaim it at a fraction of the price.
    That wouldn’t surprise me. Musk really didn’t want to buy Twitter, but was taken to court and forced to complete the sale. A bailout might be the best way for Musk to get out and save face.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    That wouldn’t surprise me. Musk really didn’t want to buy Twitter, but was taken to court and forced to complete the sale. A bailout might be the best way for Musk to get out and save face.
    Instead he's magically finding "secret messages" that just happen to confirm the nonsense he was babbling about Twitter when he tried to back out of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Instead he's magically finding "secret messages" that just happen to confirm the nonsense he was babbling about Twitter when he tried to back out of the deal.
    Or owning Twitter might feed into his delusions, making him even crazier and maybe even more dangerous.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Or owning Twitter might feed into his delusions, making him even crazier and maybe even more dangerous.
    Oh definitely. I really doubt those messages he managed to "find" are real or accurate in any way and it almost certainly all part of the delusions he and his weird, creepy nerdy sycophants have come up with.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

So, on Elon Musk's twitter, one of the top trending hashtags is "#pelosigaylover" and Donald Trump jr. is posting memes of underwear and hammers across social media plaforms.

Mets: This is your party. You choose to belong to those people.

Gonna guess that all the people whining about 'the woke left' and 'cancel culture' won't raise a single word over this:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...f700a697e189d8

The show, which will stream on Disney+, centers around a young Black woman who designs an Iron Man-esque suit of armor, becoming a superhero in her own right. In August, Disney announced that Jaren Kyei Merrell, a.k.a. Shea Couleé, had been cast in an unspecified role in the series opposite star Dominique Thorne, who plays the title role of Riri Williams/Ironheart.

OMM is none too happy with the news. “Months after publicly vowing to increase the percentage of LGBTQ characters and plots in its productions, children’s entertainment giant Walt Disney has cast a drag industry superstar in an upcoming Marvel superhero series,” the conservative group says.

On Wednesday, OMM – a project of the anti-LGBTQ hate group American Family Association – launched an effort to encourage supporters to boycott the show, which also features nonbinary actor Zoe Terakes.

“My family will boycott Ironheart!” the online petition reads.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Gonna guess that all the people whining about 'the woke left' and 'cancel culture' won't raise a single word over this:

Oh no! Not people who would never have watched a show about a young black woman boycotting the show!

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Oh no! Not people who would never have watched a show about a young black woman boycotting the show!
    My thought is, "If that's how you are about a fandom, the door is right there, and you can go through it and not come back rather than make an ass of yourself. Go on, git."
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    The more I think about what Musk is doing, he's a complete schmuck. Every Twitter employee he spitefully fires for whatever he perceives as "punishment for wokeness in MY company" is just gonna run right back to Jack Dorsey's new project and make it better.

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Funny enough, Dorsey donated to the presidential bids of Tulsi Gabbard and Andrew Yang
    We're not talking about his politics. We're talking about him pulling the wool over on Elon Musk.

Not everything needs a partisan spin.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    We're not talking about his politics. We're talking about him pulling the wool over on Elon Musk.

Not everything needs a partisan spin.
    I don't think he did. Dorsey was all in on it and I think he and Musk were definitely in this together for ideological reasons. This medium post has a pretty good read on the situation, I think.

https://davetroy.***********/no-elon...g-3e88cde5267d

o, Elon and Jack are not “competitors.” They’re collaborating.
    Elon Musk’s deal to buy Twitter has been met with surprise, derision, and gnashing of teeth — and an overwhelming amount of well-intentioned but poorly-informed commentary and analysis.

As someone who has followed the company closely since its inception and has had a chance to talk in depth about technical topics with Jack Dorsey and the company’s other founders over the years, I have a different view.

Here’s a series of common questions regarding the deal and the relationship between Dorsey and Musk about which I see the most errors and misconceptions.
    Q: Jack Dorsey is launching “Bluesky,” a new social network to compete with Twitter. I’ll just join that instead!

A: Sorry to disappoint, but Dorsey played a key role in Musk’s deal to take Twitter private. The two are good friends. And Bluesky is an initiative launched by Twitter. In April, Dorsey wrote, “In principle, I don’t believe anyone should own or run Twitter. It wants to be a public good at a protocol level, not a company. Solving for the problem of it being a company however, Elon is the singular solution I trust. I trust his mission to extend the light of consciousness.”