As I predicted, the first knife just hit Kevin McCarthy's back.

Steve Scalise has announced he's making a bid to be the next House Speaker as of 15 minutes ago
    Last edited by worstblogever; 11-09-2022 at 12:16 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    As I predicted, the first knife just hit Kevin McCarthy's back.

Steve Scalise has announced he's making a bid to be the next House Speaker as of 15 minutes ago
    Hot damn, if McCarthy misses out on that position he's going to feel very, very stupid.

He pretty much sacrificed the party's future for Trump and it was gamble that hasn't paid off as expected.

BANNED
    http://www.fantomas-lives.com/fanto47.htm

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Also: There is no monolithic "they" anymore. The old trope about Republicans falling in line? The party is deeply splintered between those who will never give up on Trump, those who will bet on whoever they think will help them win, and a small faction of "Liz Cheney Republicans" who are never-Trumpers and have some scruples.
    Very true but it has been true for a while that the coalition of who put him in office has been seeing options. The basic construct has been the Blue collar leading the party was telling suburbans that you want to have a say on your conservative values you have to come with us or sink. A mid-term showed that there are lots of other possibles in the various local choices and the strident stuff that they have been embarrassed by could be bypassed. In other words, less party first and more pragmatic choices. Since the choices that the Trumpocracy put out was pretty much the opposite of that, a pick for a Democrat didn't seem crazy. This was particularly driven by suburban women who were also motivated by Dobbs even though they have their usual conservative impulses. While I expect Fetterman to be the hope of many a Democrat to reclaim working class defections, Virgina was much more telling me, as was Michigan, in how secure the white-collar suburb vote is with local Democrats who speak their language and stay in touch.

I won't say that opens the door for Liz Cheneys and the Romney part of the party to come roaring back which you seem to be saying as well. Especially at the National/ideological level there will be more of an urge "to win" and own dirty liberals (still the suburban pov) and that is already showing in the Walker race which was about the national agenda setting more than the candidate however he does in the runoff. I really don't care about Trump's personal reaction either as he will still be running, and his base will be pissed off at the white-collar traitors in some distant part of the country rather than with the "practical" choices that might have won. In that perhaps we can expect more infighting.
    Last edited by 4theEarth; 11-09-2022 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Trump ain't going quietly into that good night.
    Here's hoping he burns the rest of that vile, criminal party that is the GOP to the ground as they try to get rid of him.

Fox News had a couple of the talking heads light wight mocking Trump and his threat to let all the dirt he has on Desantis out if he dares run against him.

Never thought I would see Fox News mocking Trump in any way.

How long before the heads of Fox tell Tucker and Ingrahm to start moving on from Trump. That is what I am waiting for.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Fox News had a couple of the talking heads light wight mocking Trump and his threat to let all the dirt he has on Desantis out if he dares run against him.

How long before the heads of Fox tell Tucker and Ingrahm to start moving on from Trump. That is what I am waiting for.
    That’s the wise play.

The whole “party of Trump” nonsense has gotten them nowhere.

I fully expect within the next two weeks they will all be behind DeSantis as the new party leader(and will not drop their extreme, bigoted, fascist viewpoints), but Trump isn't gonna let that go.

BANNED

Yes, they seem to be the hold outs for now but Fox never went all in on the stolen election though. Fox is not that radical. (compared to the other right wing outlets)
    Last edited by 4theEarth; 11-09-2022 at 12:43 PM.

Laxalt is in the lead by a couple of points in NV. But most of the remaining votes are from Clark County and most of those are mail in. So that lead will shrink people think.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

One good thing. 9 Election deniers and Trump backed candidates lost their bids in their governor races.
    Speaking of conspiracy theories, I have an aunt that believes in most of them myself. I'm debating on whether or not I should try and see if she'll fall for the Dihydrogen Monoxide bit this Thanksgiving.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    I fully expect within the next two weeks they will all be behind DeSantis as the new party leader(and will not drop their extreme, bigoted, fascist viewpoints), but Trump isn't gonna let that go.
    A kinder gentler Trump lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Trump ain't going quietly into that good night.
    No but he and his followers are doomed to get relegated to a John Birch Society kind of position within the GOP, if they aren't already.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Damn! That’s cold! Still, it’s hard to feel sorry for Razor Cheeks whom I’m sure fell on her sword, if not, no alimony if a divorce were to ever happen.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Runoffs...are stupid. Just accept the loss, Hersh!
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Runoffs...are stupid. Just accept the loss, Hersh!
    Will be super expensive just like last time and require turnout once again.