Page 368 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 2683183583643653663673683693703713723784184688681368 ... LastLast
Results 5,506 to 5,520 of 75153
    Astonishing Member

Where did they get the name Ann Marie Lastrassi from? Does she also have a birther conspiracy or something?

Someone should remind this nincompoop that she's the governor of South DAKOTA and not the governor of South CAROLINA.
    Watching television is not an activity.

‘They feel invincible’: how California’s coronavirus plan went wrong

“Looking back, the decision to reopen when we did seemed perfectly reasonable,” Wachter said. “We were doing pretty well, we had the resources in place to deal with an uptick in cases.” Despite some stumbles, Newsom had set and ultimately met fairly ambitious goals to test 60,000 to 80,000 Californians each day, and stock up on protective equipment for healthcare workers.

The Los Angeles Times editorial board wrote that California was lucky to have Newsom as its leader. “People are alive today because of Newsom’s expeditious action,” it asserted. The state’s death rate was similar to that of Germany, a country widely regarded as a public health success story.
    The Newsom administration’s four-phase plan to reopen slowly, while encouraging Californians to remain vigilant about wearing face coverings and maintaining distanceto stop the spread of disease seemed “perfectly good and smart”, Watchter said.

“But what I think we didn’t get right was the national political scene,” he said. California, despite its reputation as a progressive state, wasn’t immune to a growing conservative movement that rejects face masks as muzzles on independence and vilifies public health officials as enemies of the people.
    In Orange county, where more than 15,000 people have been infected, health director Nichole Quick resigned in mid-June after being confronted with a banner depicting her as a Nazi, protests outside her house and personal threats. Quick had issued an order requiring residents to wear masks in public, which the county sheriff insisted he wouldn’t enforce. After she became the third high-level health official in Orange county to quit, the county quickly reversed Quick’s order – recommending, but not insisting that residents wear masks.

By the Memorial Day holiday Californians “thought they were safe to just have parties, go to overcrowded beaches, to get close to other people and take off their masks”, said Lee Riley, an epidemiologist at the University of California, Berkeley. “People began to fixate on individual liberties without understanding that one of the most fundamental civil liberties in the US is the right to health – the right to stay alive.”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Someone should remind this nincompoop that she's the governor of South DAKOTA and not the governor of South CAROLINA.
    She's just jealous there's no South of the Border when you cross I-29 into Sisseton.

I wonder if anyone gets that reference.

But, lame attempts at humor aside, they were the Confederacy. I don't care much for the "Founding Fathers" logic people try to employ, considering they likely weren't thinking about where the country was going to be 100 years later, not to mention she's defending statues of people who broke away from the Union. As far as we're concerned, they were traitors. Sure, we can discuss the socioeconomic differences, as well as the cultural variants between the North and South which resulted in the Civil War, but at the end of the day, it boiled down to slavery, as the South wanted to expand it's newfound cash crop industries but wanted to use exploitative labor that did not cost them much of anything to do so, and when they were told they couldn't expand the practice elsewhere, they quit and formed their own country. We only started building these statues to remind black people about their place in society since why else would you build statues of losers?

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Where did they get the name Ann Marie Lastrassi from? Does she also have a birther conspiracy or something?
    https://www.ebaumsworld.com/pictures...assi/86300600/

This "conspiracy" was started as a joke, based on one insane comment found on Instagram, and since has grown and reached the Twitter of KW Miller, a Congressional Candidate for Florida's 18th district. He is a self proclaimed QAnon supporter, and surprisingly, not the most insane person currently running for Congress.

Seriously, go to the link to check out the original Instagram posts which are clearly people making fun of conspiracy theories. The fact that it became a real conspiracy theory tells you all you need to know.
    Last edited by PaulBullion; 07-05-2020 at 11:47 AM.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I... WBE.... I... WHAT?!?!!

https://twitter.com/KwCongressional/...62816324763648

KW Miller is a Republican running for Fl-18.

o.o I don't even.

I know you already have Miller in the queue from your previous link about QAnon but OH MY GOD WHAT.
    Thankfully he's running as an independent, not a Republican, as he is mentally unfit to be running for office of any kind let alone the two big parties.

Either he is in need of some serious psychiatric help, or he is a con artist attempting to profit off of political donations from people who believe the Alex Jones/George Noory political nonsense.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I... WBE.... I... WHAT?!?!!

https://twitter.com/KwCongressional/...62816324763648

KW Miller is a Republican running for Fl-18.

o.o I don't even.

I know you already have Miller in the queue from your previous link about QAnon but OH MY GOD WHAT.
    Christ on a crutch! What? WHAT?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

She doesn't actually mention confederates.

As noted in the article, Portland protesters took down a statue of Thomas Jefferson.

A New York Times opinion columnist has called for the removal of statues of George Washington.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/28/o...e-statues.html
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Twitter thread with video

This woman in Scottsdale, Arizona was super upset with Target for selling face masks. So upset in fact, that she attacked their display....
    Continued...

Police came to her house and she was arrested on IG Live saying she is a spokesperson for QAnon & the White House and wanted the police to “call Donald Trump and ask him” because she can’t share any “classified information.”

We’re doomed...
    ---

‘QAnon Karen’ is so upset Target is selling face masks that she attacks display

A woman shopping at Target threw a child-like temper-tantrum after seeing the store was selling face masks.
    In the video, which she filmed herself, the woman, staring at the display of face masks, says, “Finally, we meet the end of the road.”
    “I’ve been looking forward to this **** all my fucking life,” she says. Soon after, she starts throwing the masks off the display they’re on until all of them are scattered about on the floor.
    “You’re doing this to me because I’m Jewish,” the woman exclaims. “This is Nazi bullshit.”

According to the Redditor who posted the second video online, both incidents happened after her husband said he wanted a divorce and kicked her out. She later went to a hotel—then Target—and back to her hotel, where she was later kicked out, again. When she went back to her house, her husband stopped her and called the cops.

Target hasn’t commented publicly on the incident.
    Last edited by Tami; 07-05-2020 at 01:02 PM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

If that nutbag had been black, half a dozen cops would’ve rushed into the store and pounded her into paste.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    If that nutbag had been black, half a dozen cops would’ve rushed into the store and pounded her into paste.
    People like her make me wish I had Blue Skin, like my current avatar.

Police smash car window of man on way home from TV interview about police racism

When an officer smashed in the window of Ryan Colaço’s car, after he was wrongly accused of concealing drugs, they did not know he was driving home from a TV interview in which he told of institutional racism in the police after being stopped and searched the week before.

In the original incident, in Northumberland Park, north London, at 11am on 23 May, Colaço said he was stopped after being “aggressively tailgated” by the Metropolitan police, with officers then running to his car and banging on his window. They later said they had been able to smell cannabis from his car.

As he queried why he was being stopped, Colaço, 30, was forced into handcuffs, video footage shows. He agreed to leave his car and stood with officers who searched him, while others combed through his BMW and found nothing.

Serious question - If Kayne West's presidential bid costs Biden the election via vote splitting will you ever forgive Mr. West? I mean, we know there is zero chance of him getting elected without a major party behind him so this is, in essence, a vanity project. I won't forgive him, will you?

Edit - Usually I'm all for multiple candidates, but West getting in so late seems motivated by nothing but arrogance.
    Last edited by Celgress; 07-05-2020 at 03:02 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Serious question - If Kayne West's presidential bid costs Biden the election via vote splitting will you ever forgive Mr. West? I mean, we know there is zero chance of him getting elected without a major party behind so this is, in essence, a vanity project.
    Don't believe it.

Kanye West tweeted Saturday night that he wants to run for president in 2020 — four months before the election and apparently without having filed with the Federal Election Commission or created a campaign committee.
    He hasn't even said what he is running as, what his affiliation is. You can't just jump into a presidential election right in the middle. He isn't going to get on any ballots, it's too late for that.

If West is serious about running, he would have to run as an independent and still get the necessary signatures to be on November's ballot. The deadline to file has already passed in Indiana, Maine, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina and Texas. However, West's name could still be written in anywhere.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Serious question - If Kayne West's presidential bid costs Biden the election via vote splitting will you ever forgive Mr. West? I mean, we know there is zero chance of him getting elected without a major party behind him so this is, in essence, a vanity project. I won't forgive him, will you?

Edit - Usually I'm all for multiple candidates, but West getting in so late seems motivated by nothing by arrogance.
    He clearly has mental issues as well. And yes people will vote for him to fight the establishment, to give a middle finger to "the man". But obviously he wont win. Vanity, sickness, stupidity. With everything serious happening now any of his circle pushing it and coddling the delusion should be cancelled too