Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Actually I'm beginning to think someone should explain to both of them what friends even are. I think that the concept of people you care for outside yourself might be a complete mystery to Kanye and Trump.
    I don't know about Kanye, but I doubt Trump has ever had a true friend. He has business associates, fans, acolytes, but no actual friends.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    He posted a very unflattering picture of Musk in a swimsuit, getting hosed by a guy in much better shape.
    ?

On this date in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, as well as 2021, “Fanatical Republican Extremist of the Day posted profiles of Texas Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick, whose real name is Dannie Goeb, but he legally changed it in 2003 after he rose in the ranks of the Texas Republican cult of personality over a fifteen year career working as a conservative talk show host. He made numerous racist remarks on his show, particularly directed at Asians, including discussing trade negotiations between the Clinton administration and China by speaking in pidgin English and pronouncing Clinton’s name as “President Crinton”. Patrick has also insisted illegal immigrants are bringing tuberculosis and leprosy (yes, LEPROSY) into the United States, claimed ISIS is sneaking across the U.S./Mexico border, and has tried to pass legislation patterned after Arizona’s controversial SB 1070 anti-immigration law. As a Texas State Senator, Dan Patrick walked out of the chamber in protest when a fellow lawmaker (who was Jewish) asked for a Muslim cleric to give a prayer before the legislature. Patrick is also fiercely opposed to abortion, comparing his rivalry with State Senator Wendy Davis to Jesus facing off with the Pharisees , and once asking a fellow legislator during a debate on abortion, “And if those aborted souls were in the gallery, what you say to them right now?” (Really, he seems to think there are ghost embryos about.) As if we needed to add anything else, Patrick has also denied the existence of a separation of church and state in the United States Constitution, and after Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson publicly bashed gay people in 2013, Patrick heralded him as one of God’s modern day prophets while spending his own money on misleading and fear-mongering ads to support ballot initiatives to ban transgendered citizens from using the public bathroom of their choice by insisting there are mythical sexual assaults taking place in those bathrooms by men in drag. In 2016, Patrick called for a boycott on Target, for suggesting that they would allow transgendered citizens to use the restroom of their choice in their stores, and in June of that year, responded to the shooting at The Pulse nightclub in Orlando by getting on Twitter and quoting the Bible passage Galatians 6:7, that seemed to indicate he felt the victims got what was coming to them.

Immediately upon the new session of the Texas state legislature hit, Dan Patrick immediately took it upon himself to introduce a transphobic bathroom bill into the state legislature, calling it a “top priority” to prevent all the non-existent sexual assaults from the transgender community from occurring (while conveniently doing nothing about any of the members of his own party who seem to be in the news for them these days). He continues to insist that a bill designed to discriminate is “not discriminatory”. Outside of that, he has also blamed Democrats for the deaths of several undocumented immigrants who overheated in a semi as part a human smuggling ring, as their fault because of policies of “open borders”, which is about as ass-backwards logic as you might see. Or at least, it would have been had he not also got on board with arguing against the University of Texas at Austin removing Confederate statues over the summer, where he invoked Godwin’s law by mentioning Naizs, and posited a “slippery slope” argument that seemed to wonder if eventually statues at the Alamo might be taken down, too.

Dan Patrick outraged many in 2018 after reacting to a a mass shooting at Sante Fe High School in Texas, explaining that the real problem causing mass shootings is that “too many entrances” are available to mass shooters, so buildings are harder to defend. Now, not only is this just dumb in terms of a need for gun control in Texas, but it means that Patrick fails to understand that “too many entrances” are also “many exits” for kids having to flee buildings when they’re being shot at.

In August of 2018, after the murder of Iowa college student Mollie Tibbets, Dan Patrick said that CNN and MSNBC are “accomplices” in the murder, as Tibbetts’ family are telling Republicans around the country to not politicize her death.

In September of 2019, Patrick again disgusted people around the country after blaming the video game industry for “teaching people to kill, and proposing the solution to curtail gun violence was to allow prayer in schools. One might think that would prove that Patrick is heartless, but that would apparently be medically inaccurate because two weeks later Patrick was hospitalized with a blocked artery. He survived, only to somehow find a way to reach a new low.

Because, as many dumbass Republicans have begun attacking public health mandates that will save lives during the Covid-19 pandemic, Dan Patrick was one of the first to rush to the microphone to encourage people to die. That sentence in no way has any hyperbole, as Patrick literally offered up not only himself, but other senior encouraged people to be willing to sacrifice the elderly in order to “save the economy”.
    While perhaps less evil of a move, but still decidedly out-of-touch with reality and partisan (Patrick’s wheelhouse), after Donald Trump lost the 2020 election, Dan Patrick fanned the flames of voter fraud conspiracies by literally offering a $1 million bounty if anyone around the country had proof of any voter fraud cases. The big response he got was from Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. John Fetterman let him know that his state caught two REPUBLICANs trying to vote fraudulently, and said he’d like his $2 million. To the surprise of no one, Patrick, the true bastard that he is, didn’t pay. Almost a year later, he finally did… put he short-changed a Pennsylvania poll worker who provided another case of voter fraud about $975000 of the promised total. Because he’s a lying dungbag.

We’ll note that at every step of the way during the Covid-19 pandemic, Dan Patrick has pushed back against mask mandates and vaccine mandates, but as Texas became an obvious candidate for bottom of the pack in Covid-19 cases and deaths, Patrick went on Fox News to blame African Americans for refusing to get vaccinated, and the lack of progress in stopping the virus… he blamed that on Texas Democrats…. Interesting considering that the GOP controls the Governor’s mansion, and the state legislature, and the courts there, yet they hold not responsibility.

After the Uvalde shooting, of course Dan Patrick had a stupid take, running onto his safe space on Tucker Carlson’s White Power Power Hour to call for schools to be fortified, arm teachers, and get rid of the real problem… too many doors on the school.

Dan Patrick still remains in office at the age of 72… and in 2022, inexplicably won a third term in office. Texas remains in the hands of Christian nationalist madmen.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    ?
    If Elon Musk was any whiter, people would leave messages for each other on his chest in dry erase marker.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Screenshot 2022-12-02 202527.jpg

Why do those two pics go together so well?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Screenshot 2022-12-02 202527.jpg

Why do those two pics go together so well?
    Two people with severe image problems.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    ?
    I’ve seen that picture before. Muskrat looks not just pale, but bleached.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Using the mental illness excuse is always their go to.

As someone with a severe mental illness let me tell you it does not cause racism and hate.

Its an example of people with mental illness using that as an excuse to get away with whatever they want and then making the rest of us who suffer every day look even worse.

I met my sisters friend for the first time the other day and my sister and I talked about my doctor and how it is going and her friend says

"Oh you have an illness like Kanye." I was not polite in my answer.
    I completely understand how offensive the idea is that someone who has struggled with mental health issues would just as easily have the same lapses in judgment as Kanye West.

However, Someone like Kanye West can very easily get some bad influences around then, trying to get at his money or to use his platform for their own purposes. That's not an ideal situation for a person who has ongoing mental health problems.

If someone is primed to believe in conspiracy theories, the road from that to antisemitism is well-paved due to centuries of bullshit for multiple audiences about how the Joos are responsible for the ills of the world.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I completely understand how offensive the idea is that someone who has struggled with mental health issues would just as easily have the same lapses in judgment as Kanye West.

However, Someone like Kanye West can very easily get some bad influences around then, trying to get at his money or to use his platform for their own purposes. That's not an ideal situation for a person who has ongoing mental health problems.

If someone is primed to believe in conspiracy theories, the road from that to antisemitism is well-paved due to centuries of bullshit for multiple audiences about how the Joos are responsible for the ills of the world.
    Not just centuries, millennia. The Jews have been targets and scapegoats for literally thousands of years. I'm not Jewish, I'm not particularly religious so don't know my old testament well, and my interest in history typically lies in other time periods and areas, so I don't know what all the Jewish people have been through or why, but I know that they were slaves in Egypt and persecuted in the Roman Empire and throughout the Dark Ages. The fact that people are still persecuting them even now is truly mind boggling. But then black people were slaves in my country just a couple centuries ago, and segregation is in living memory of many today, and there's still racists using the n word now.

I think humanity is getting better, but by God is it too slow of a march towards progress. We should be better than this already. We're this close to creating an artificial general intelligence if you pay attention to the AI and tech world, some truly futuristic sci-fi stuff is finally taking shape, we're on the very precipice of the future here, yet we're still such primitive primates and cavemen still that the data we feed these AIs is ingraining them with our cultural and racial biases. Like I didn't think that the risk of a racist AI would be a legitimate concern for our future civilization, and yet here we are.

We're not ancient Egyptians, Romans, medieval peasants, southern plantation owners, or Hitler's Germany. We should be better than this.

Invincible Member

Not just centuries, millennia. The Jews have been targets and scapegoats for literally thousands of years. I'm not Jewish, I'm not particularly religious so don't know my old testament well, and my interest in history typically lies in other time periods and areas, so I don't know what all the Jewish people have been through or why, but I know that they were slaves in Egypt and persecuted in the Roman Empire and throughout the Dark Ages. The fact that people are still persecuting them even now is truly mind boggling. But then black people were slaves in my country just a couple centuries ago, and segregation is in living memory of many today, and there's still racists using the n word now.

I think humanity is getting better, but by God is it too slow of a march towards progress. We should be better than this already. We're this close to creating an artificial general intelligence if you pay attention to the AI and tech world, some truly futuristic sci-fi stuff is finally taking shape, we're on the very precipice of the future here, yet we're still such primitive primates and cavemen still that the data we feed these AIs is ingraining them with our cultural and racial biases. Like I didn't think that the risk of a racist AI would be a legitimate concern for our future civilization, and yet here we are.

We're not ancient Egyptians, Romans, medieval peasants, southern plantation owners, or Hitler's Germany. We should be better than this.
    We should be, but some of us aren't. Don't make me bring up the moral panic about drag shows again...
    Last edited by ed2962; 12-02-2022 at 08:06 PM.

Invincible Member

MTG trying to distance herself from Nick Fuentes despite the fact that she spoke at one of his events. And Milo Yiannopoulos was supposedly going to be an "intern" for her a few months back.

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/sta...27582278639616

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    MTG trying to distance herself from Nick Fuentes despite the fact that she spoke at one of his events. And Milo Yiannopoulos was supposedly going to be an "intern" for her a few months back.

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/sta...27582278639616
    You've got to know when it's time to act like you've never met someone.

My mom did it pretty regularly in department stores the entire time my brother and I were little dudes.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    We should be, but some of us aren't. Don't make me bring up the moral panic about drag shows again...
    Don't worry. I'm sure someone will be along to be a credulous rube about it soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Don't worry. I'm sure someone will be along to be a credulous rube about it soon enough.
    I dunno. That crowd may be distracted by the big bag of nothing that is 'Twittergate' or whatever they're trying to call it for awhile. We might have to wait for them to swing back around to being transphobic and homophobic.

The problem is that we've been influenced by all of those societies, even Nazi Germany, like it or not.
    Watching television is not an activity.