Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    Trump isn't President now, thought we covered that?
    Meanwhile, out in actual reality...

The current President was in the "You're Kidding Me, Right?..." position of having to attempt to make a "Two-For-One..." deal strictly based on the reality that Donald Trump did not address the fellow in question being a prisoner while he was in office.

Trump isn't President now, thought we covered that?
    I remember you posting here when Trump was President that you were simply outraged he did nothing to get Whelan back...
    Wait, that never happened.
    Kinda pathetic now.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

deflect, deflect, deflect,
    That's uh... not a deflect. It's stating the status quo, and explaining why Republicans would be outraged that an American is coming home. It's just not one of "their kind" of Americans.

Unless you just don't understand what the word "deflect" means.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Folks, if we all just block Spidey, we won't have to worry when they spew nonsense.

Astonishing Member

That Don't Say Gay writing, Florida Man Republican felon sure rocks some Nazi haircut. Maybe he'll get some skinhead tattoos in prison.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Folks, if we all just block Spidey, we won't have to worry when they spew nonsense.
    I just did so. He’s beyond tiresome and I no longer have the patience for his nonsense.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

The most annoying thing about this situation is that the Russians clearly only released Britney to screw with US politics, and damn the entire GOP is taking the bait.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    The most annoying thing about this situation is that the Russians clearly only released Britney to screw with US politics, and damn the entire GOP is taking the bait.
    "Take the bait" indicates that they're not willingly taking scraps from Putin's propaganda table, and have been for the past seven years or so.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    The most annoying thing about this situation is that the Russians clearly only released Britney to screw with US politics, and damn the entire GOP is taking the BRIBES.
    Fixed it for you.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

I heard the Ruskies retreated from Kherson as late as possible because Putin wanted his bought party to do as well as possible in the midterms.

Makes enough sense to me, given how Russia media sock puppet Tucker Carlson had a meltdown about Ukraine's President being honored by Time Magazine.

And it fits how Cancun Cruz idolizes the Russian military, since Cruz himself looks like the kind of out of shape older white alcoholic Russia forces to go to war nowadays (and avidly watches Fox News domestically).

Good thing that for all of that, the midterms Red Wave was the The Green Mile Tom Hanks peeing scene.

Found this online

Meet the pro-Putin Republicans and conservatives

Only 5 percent of Republicans support Russia over Ukraine, but the MAGA wing of the GOP has continually sided with Putin and against Ukraine.

Current and former elected officials, candidates for office, and media figures who are popular with the MAGA base have a history of pro-Russia comments. Now, they have decided that they should disparage Ukraine and Volodymyr Zelenskyy despite Russia’s invasion. Some of them have walked back their comments once they saw Putin’s war machine target innocent people, but many still see Russia as an ally.

We’ve collected their quotes below to make sure they can never forget where they stood
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I just did so. He’s beyond tiresome and I no longer have the patience for his nonsense.
    Never get into an argument with someone who is responding to the imaginary version of you that exists only in their head.

And why are there so many people with Spidey avatars that come across more like the worst parts of J. Jonah Jameson combined with Flash Thompson?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    And sheer partisan hatred does seem to drive so many conservative actions nowadays.
    I am convinced that if cancer gets cured under a Democratic president the right wing talking points will be how far left liberal democrats ended thousands of high paying medical jobs.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I am convinced that if cancer gets cured under a Democratic president the right wing talking points will be how far left liberal democrats ended thousands of high paying medical jobs.
    They already did. One of the Rights argument against single payer, better, more affordable Healthcare is the people at insurance companies will lose their job.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    And why are there so many people with Spidey avatars that come across more like the worst parts of J. Jonah Jameson combined with Flash Thompson?
    I've wondered about that too. You'd think Batman would work better, The Goddamn Batman for one thing was already a thing from actual published comics.

A mischievous part of me wants to blame the general popularity of Marvel movies, if you're more of a conservative wingnut than a comics nerd and want to push those beliefs at others, and if not as lazy as me regarding picking avatars, Spidey is right at the top of possible easy picks.