Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I would assume anyone who is capable of hate speech doesn't care about the consequences.

That would be a moot point, since the question on penalties on social media platforms for bringing attention to something controversial isn't that necessary when it comes to someone who is also committing hate speech. There's also a reason to kick them out.

If someone thinks it's a legitimate issue, they're not going to focus as much on crazies who may be riled up, any more than Brett Kavanaugh's critics worry that their commentary inspired a guy with a knife to case his house.
    That doesn't answer my question why do you think you gave it more thought than the people who think the opposite, but let's leave it be.

Your attempt to both-side it is not very relevant, because the discussion about consequences of hate speech was not about few individuals who might attack a specific person but about a systematic campaign against whole groups of people (usually minorities) that use lies and misinformation to other said groups and that we know have often resulted in violence against them, not to mention the consequences in mental health that being a target of such hate has on vulnerable members of said groups, like teenagers and sensitive people.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Being kicked off twitter, facebook or even here is nothing like government exile or imprisonment.
    One of the sentences I wouldn't anticipate to need to be spelled out.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Did anyone think that russia cannot sink any lower? Yeah, me neither, but some news still make one pause.

Children's torture chamber found in liberated Kherson
    https://kyivindependent.com/news-fee...erated-kherson

Ukrainian authorities discovered a room that Russians used to detain and torture children during the occupation of Kherson, Dmytro Lubinets, the Human Rights Commissioner of the Verkhovna Rada, said on Dec. 14.

According to testimonies from locals, other torture victims in the facility knew that Ukrainian children had been kept there by Russian security services, who had called the room “the children's cell.”

The children were given little water and almost no food, Lubinets said. According to locals' testimonies, the children were subhect to psychological abuse at the hands of their Russian captors, who told them that their parents had abandoned them and that they would never return home.

One 14-year-old boy was arrested and later tortured just for taking a picture of broken Russian equipment, Lubinets said.

"We recorded the torture of children for the first time," said Lubinets. "I thought that the bottom could not be broken after Bucha, Irpin... but we really reached the bottom in Kherson."
    Slava Ukraini!

BANNED
    http://www.fantomas-lives.com/fanto47.htm

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Feel sorry for his fans who pay good money for this...you'd think he'd hire someone who could do decent comic book art.
    And what ...get canceled for enabling a hate monger. Oh Artistic freedom where art thou

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Good point! I'm thinking someone like Ethan Van Sciver politically probably wouldn't have a problem working on a project like this, but yeah...he'd want to get paid for his time. This looks like some AI stuff and then they gave some kid $50 to do some photoshop touch ups...
    While Van Sciver is a knuckledragger, something like that would be beneath even him. However, I could be wrong.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    While Van Sciver is a knuckledragger, something like that would be beneath even him. However, I could be wrong.
    Nah I think he just is smart enough to realize he wouldn't actually get paid for it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Your attempt to both-side it is not very relevant, because the discussion about consequences of hate speech was not about few individuals who might attack a specific person but about a systematic campaign against whole groups of people (usually minorities) that use lies and misinformation to other said groups and that we know have often resulted in violence against them, not to mention the consequences in mental health that being a target of such hate has on vulnerable members of said groups, like teenagers and sensitive people.
    What part of Majoritarianism do you not understand? to some people waving the flag of 'underdog here' means nothing (but probably not here). You clearly operate in an environment of Hyper-attenuated mental health victimhood so you probably think of that as a moral position as well. Great societies have risen and existed on a punching down ethos. You may not want that kind of society but don't assume it is THE norm for everyone. From Man was Made to Mourn: A Dirge. I posted the Iran execution example of how a Society is or is not justified to protect itself from a threat. Are the protests not a threat or a threat you welcome because then they will become more like us and the march to a homogenized world can continue?

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Condolences to FL Governor Ron DeSantis, whose best friend Kent Stermon committed suicide on Thursday while under criminal investigation for sexual misconduct.
    Last edited by CaptainEurope; 12-15-2022 at 12:55 PM.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4theEarth View Post
    And what ...get canceled for enabling a hate monger. Oh Artistic freedom where art thou
    If you mean a decent artist who'd work for Trump would get "cancelled"...keep in mind there's tons of folks who make a good living being anti-SJW etc. Supporting Trump doesn't make you employable despite what certain social media grifters ( who make millions supporting Trump) will tell you.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Nah I think he just is smart enough to realize he wouldn't actually get paid for it.
    Right? He gets paid more doing videos where he's cutting the heads off action figures and being almost a year late delivering on his own indie comics. Working for the Donald he's never getting paid.

Quote Originally Posted by 4theEarth View Post
    What part of Majoritarianism do you not understand? to some people waving the flag of 'underdog here' means nothing (but probably not here). You clearly operate in an environment of Hyper-attenuated mental health victimhood so you probably think of that as a moral position as well. Great societies have risen and existed on a punching down ethos. You may not want that kind of society but don't assume it is THE norm for everyone. From Man was Made to Mourn: A Dirge. I posted the Iran execution example of how a Society is or is not justified to protect itself from a threat. Are the protests not a threat or a threat you welcome because then they will become more like us and the march to a homogenized world can continue?

Just to be sure I understand here, are you saying that we should try to emulate these "great societies" that have centuries of bloodshed behind them and take inspiration from current dictatorships like Iran? In the 21st century?
    Slava Ukraini!

Just to be sure I understand here, are you saying that we should try to emulate these "great societies" that have centuries of bloodshed behind them and take inspiration from current dictatorships like Iran? In the 21st century?
    I think we've reached the "get myself banned" part of the troll cycle when they just give up all pretense.

BANNED

What has the century to do with it? You must be one of those "progressives" I keep hearing about. Humanity hasn't changed and using goverment to try and do it has resulted in even greater bloodshed. Hey but I can watch TV reruns anytime, text my friends and not die of certain diseases.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I think we've reached the "get myself banned" part of the troll cycle when they just give up all pretense.
    or I just get bored with all the sameness here. I'll be down in the Comics section. bye.

My local news just did a story on The Trump Cards. He laughed on air when they showed some of them. I would ask how Trump is not embarrassed but the man has no shame at all.

And my aunt is not getting them all it turns out. They are 99 bucks a card and as much as she wants them all that is too much money for her.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    My local news just did a story on The Trump Cards. He laughed on air when they showed some of them. I would ask how Trump is not embarrassed but the man has no shame at all.

And my aunt is not getting them all it turns out. They are 99 bucks a card and as much as she wants them all that is too much money for her.
    I was about to say, if your aunt has that kind of money, I'll take her out to a few dinners and show her a good time!

I'm pretty sure she is not the target audience. I bet foreign powers who could not donate to his campaign directly will snatch them up.