Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Is it, though? What I'm seeing is the Democrats are united, and the Republican's are fractured with a small band of idiots ready and willing to burn the place down. And it looks like Lil' Kev has lost again.
    I was being sarcastic. They are eating well in the Democratic party today.

And Kevin McC just became a five time loser.

Boisterously Confused

It doesn't speak well of my character, but I'm taking a good deal of puerile Schadenfreude watching McCarthy reap what his Machiavellian machinations have sown.

McCarthy did not just damage his own standing, but also Trump's. It's perfect.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    This is the worst day for Biden as president yet.

The GQP has really gone off the rails if they voted for a black man as Speaker. Choosing Donalds whom I’ve never heard of (it wouldn’t shock me if he, like most Qpublicans, has a sketchy history) can’t be sitting well with the legion of racists in right wing/conservative circles.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED
    http://www.fantomas-lives.com/fanto47.htm

Is it, though? What I'm seeing is the Democrats are united, and the Republican's are fractured with a small band of idiots ready and willing to burn the place down. And it looks like Lil' Kev has lost again.
    United? what does that amount to except $1.7B? are you forgetting that there is a non fringe constituency that is happiest when "that government is best which governs least” ?

In many ways this shows why progressives are never really revolutionary. They have caved time and again to centrists when scared by the boogie man of losing majority or causing chaos. That is how we got Biden not Bernie.
    Last edited by 4theEarth; 01-04-2023 at 01:42 PM.

All the Deals Kevin M has made and he still cant get the votes after 5 times. Do the people he made deals with come to the realization that there is no way he could keep all of those deals. I am pretty sure he would have to be double dealing to get the votes he already has let alone the ones he needs. So is the GOP starting to see that he may be playing a double cross and a few of them are going to be left out in the cold?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    All the Deals Kevin M has made and he still cant get the votes after 5 times. Do the people he made deals with come to the realization that there is no way he could keep all of those deals. I am pretty sure he would have to be double dealing to get the votes he already has let alone the ones he needs. So is the GOP starting to see that he may be playing a double cross and a few of them are going to be left out in the cold?
    That's my thought.

A smarter play would have been to invoke solidarity in the face of their new majority. I know the appeal to greed is powerful in all, but if he played it right he could have done it, IMO.

Old enough to remember when the conventional wisdom was "Democrats fall in love, Republicans fall in line."

Make that six-time.

Ultimate Member

Make that six-time.
    Anyone wanna guess what the limit will be?

BANNED
    http://www.fantomas-lives.com/fanto47.htm

It's interesting that Rep. Victoria Spartz changed her vote from McCarthy to "present" during the 4th round.

She is Ukranian-American and very much for US aid for Ukraine, so she is clearly no friend to Matt Gaetz. Yet she gave up on McCarthy.
    was that a ploy to effect the ratio though? She could be signaling that a unity speaker is better than one beholden to the caucus.

https://politicalwire.com/2023/01/03...ecome-speaker/

of course that means changing the party symbol

Last edited by 4theEarth; 01-04-2023 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Anyone wanna guess what the limit will be?
    There is no limit. It's losses all the way to the bottom.
    At some point, George Santos will get arrested because he won't get immunity without being sworn in. And some older Republicans will catch covid because they are not vaccinated. Then Speaker Jeffries will take over.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    That's my thought.

A smarter play would have been to invoke solidarity in the face of their new majority. I know the appeal to greed is powerful in all, but if he played it right he could have done it, IMO.
    I don’t know if even that would’ve worked, given how much Craven Kevin is disliked in GQP circles. And that stunt where he moved his stuff into the Speaker’s office BEFORE the vote damn sure didn’t help his cause.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I don’t know if even that would’ve worked, given how much Craven Kevin is disliked in GQP circles. And that stunt where he moved his stuff into the Speaker’s office BEFORE the vote damn sure didn’t help his cause.
    True, that was pretty much asking for karma to slap him.

Thanks, karma!

six-time loser. Seriously, they might as well get six or seven Republicans to vote for Jefferies.

And now they have adjourned.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.