Page 4 of 5011 FirstFirst 1234567814541045041004 ... LastLast
    "Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

What the **** is this suppose to be?!

Best response:
    https://twitter.com/waltshaub/status...65631724982273

Walter Shaub
    @waltshaub
    …then came a Plague, so I drew near to see. And, lo, I did see t'was a girl, my Lord, in a flatbed Ford, slowin' down to have a look at me. Unto her I spake: “Come on, baby, don't say maybe. I've got to know if your sweet love is gonna save me.” Go, said she, and taketh it easy.
    11:15 AM · May 3, 2020·Twitter Web App
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Well, some Evangelical advisor hijacked the President's Twitter account, or really got in his ear to convince him he's the second coming.

But that.... that s*** is not normal. Not even for Trump. That's "huffing paint while Mike Pence quotes the Bible at you" levels of WTF.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

On this date in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, as well as 2019, "Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day" published profiles of Alabama State Senator Gerald Allen, who over the past two decades, who repeatedly made revolting anti-gay and anti-Islamic statements, as well as called for fanatical censorship laws to be put in place. As early as 2004, Allen was boasting about meeting President Bush (43) and calling for any book with “positive images of homosexuality as an alternative lifestyle” to be banned, including the works of Truman Capote, Gore Vidal, Tennessee Williams, and Alice Walker, claiming that their existence was an “attack on family values” that he compared to Al-Qaeda. When Allen could not get his book ban to pass, he predictably painted himself as a victim of religious persecution. Fast forward to 2011, and Allen was trying to pass Sharia Law bans in Alabama, but when asked what Sharia Law actually was. As a legislator, Gerald Allen has voted to nullify federal firearms laws, shut down all of Alabama’s abortion clinics via trap laws, sponsored fetal heartbeat bills, voted to drug test welfare recipients (always a failed conservative experiment), and voted to prevent the expansion of Medicaid in his home state. For whatever reason (HINT: he’s really racist) back over the summer of 2015 after the mass shooting at the Emanuel A.M.E. Church in Charleston, South Carolina occurred, when Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley followed the lead of South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley and removed a Confederate flag from a monument that stood at the north side of Alabama’s own state capitol, Gerald Allen responded to sponsor SB 13, to make it HARDER to remove Confederate iconography from around the state. He then defended his legislation as you’d expect from a man who likes to portray himself the victim when confronted about being any kind of a bigot, saying, "There is a revisionist movement afoot to cover over many parts of American history. Our national and state history should be remembered as it happened. The politically-correct movement to strike whole periods of the past from our collective memory is divisive and unnecessary." Gerald Allen made it a point in 2017 to make sure the landmarks of the Confederacy would not be taken down, and to continue to honor a failed rebellion fought against the federal government over the desire to continue to own other human beings, sponsoring legislation to keep those monuments to it in place. Y’know, important issues that were in no way resolved really 150 years ago. In fact, just prior to that bill passing around the end of May 2017, Allen commented on the bill, saying that he hoped it would end “the wave of political correctness that he feels so victimized by. With public opinion starting to turn icn favor of gun control in the wake of several mass shootings including the one in Parkland, Florida, Gerald Allen has also been paying lip service to doing something about ‘mental health” to prevent gun violence. Gerald Allen coasted to re-election in 2018, and has gone back to work in the Alabama state legislature filing disturbingly conservative legislation, this times, and instead just letting everyone do it if they want.

We have no idea when he’ll get around to doing anything about that “mental health” problem he claims is causing an increase in gun violence, though.
    During this, one of the most stressful times in American history, you can bet a legislator like Gerald Allen is doing all that he can to help our country, like passing a law to force public school children to all stand for the Star Spangled Banner once a week. At least, they would have, had all public schools not been closed because of COVID-19.

I mean, at least he’s consistent at being a failure.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 05-03-2020 at 12:38 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Well, some Evangelical advisor hijacked the President's Twitter account, or really got in his ear to convince him he's the second coming.

But that.... that s*** is not normal. Not even for Trump. That's "huffing paint while Mike Pence quotes the Bible at you" levels of WTF.
    I figured he was just trying to keep the evangelicals on his side - recent polling suggests his support among that crowd might be slipping, if only slightly. Of course, they are so solidly behind him that a slight shift in the polls means twice as many are no longer supporting him.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I'm off the site for a while and I come back to see that things are getting crazier and crazier.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Yesterday, W calls for unity and an end to partisanship in crisis. Today, Trump slams Bush for not backing him the during the impeachment, "The Greatest Hoax in history". You know? The one where the evidence was so damning Trump would be facing federal charges if they could indict a sitting president.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Yesterday, W calls for unity and an end to partisanship in crisis. Today, Trump slams Bush for not backing him the during the impeachment, "The Greatest Hoax in history". You know? The one where the evidence was so damning Trump would be facing federal charges if they could indict a sitting president.
    For Benedict Donald, unity means 'rally behind Trump' in addition to 'capitulate on everything you might actually want or need'. Note that's 'behind Trump' and not 'behind the President'.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post

No way in hell he typed that! But that goes without saying.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    No way in hell he typed that! But that goes without saying.
    Oh, most definitely. This tweet is nothing more than a sop for the evangelicals, to assure them that praying to God will save them from the virus, even if no one else is saved.
    Last edited by Malvolio; 05-04-2020 at 09:42 AM.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Yeah, I'm thinking Pence got a hold of the Orange Menace's phone and tweeted that out.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

Trump: “They always said Lincoln. Nobody got treated worse than Lincoln. I believe I am treated worse.”

Lincoln was assassinated, but that’s nothing compared to Trump having to answer questions from reporters.

- #TrumpTownHall at the Lincoln Memorial

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

More wit and wisdom from President Snowflake. Good Lord, what a whiner!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Trump is losing it. He's been showing signs for a while now of some kind of mental deterioration.

Lincoln would of beat his ass.