Astonishing Member

I didn't expect trump to get arrested. He's paranoid.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I didn't expect trump to get arrested. He's paranoid.
    He's not paranoid (well, not completely).

He made the announcement to try and pressure the New York DA's office to NOT indict him. He's hoping that by his supporters causing riots in the streets (and apparently calling in bomb threats now), that they will be too scared to do their jobs. It's the same with the House announcing all of these new investigations into the investigations. It's pressure, delay, and demonize the other side. And his base will eat it up.

Astonishing Member

MAGA protesters in Manhattan crowded out by anti-Trump rivals

NEW YORK – Demonstrators who want a Donald Trump indictment far outnumbered MAGA supporters Tuesday morning outside the Manhattan Criminal Court, where the former president is expected to be charged as early as Wednesday.

The pro-indictment protesters gathered in front of the building where Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg is investigating Trump over a hush-money payment made to Stormy Daniels during the 2016 presidential campaign.
    Despite Trump’s prediction Saturday that he would be arrested Tuesday and his call for supporters to “protest,” the courthouse was relatively quiet Tuesday as the grand jury on the probe only sits on Mondays and Wednesdays. Jurors heard what was believed to be the final witness Monday before they vote on an indictment.

Across the street from the anti-Trump rally, five supporters of the former president walked around holding signs including one that highlighted liberal billionaire George Soros support for Bragg, a common right-wing talking point. Trump has seized on a $500,000 donation to Bragg from a political action committee funded by Soros that was part of a nationwide effort to help elect progressive district attorneys.
    “I wish more people had shown up,” said Trump supporter Philippe Lejeune. The 38-year-old New Jersey resident said he had expected more people to show up after Trump’s post on the social media platform Truth Social over the weekend.
    “I am not worried about Trump supporters engaging in any violent activities. I am completely against violence. I am worried about ANTIFA showing up or anyone in masks and you aren’t sure who they work for,” Lejeune said.
    Got their Antifa excuses queued up I see.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    He's not paranoid (well, not completely).

He made the announcement to try and pressure the New York DA's office to NOT indict him. He's hoping that by his supporters causing riots in the streets (and apparently calling in bomb threats now), that they will be too scared to do their jobs. It's the same with the House announcing all of these new investigations into the investigations. It's pressure, delay, and demonize the other side. And his base will eat it up.
    It's likely that his lawyer told him to expect the arrest this week (based on the various preparations happening), and he tried to control the narrative by picking Tuesday.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    MAGA protesters in Manhattan crowded out by anti-Trump rivals

Got their Antifa excuses queued up I see.
    I think Trump forgot that he is DESPISED in NYC. There's a lot of people there who remember his shady deals. It's why he spends a lot of time at Mar a Lago.

I just wonder would they be putting up gates and going through the security motions if he was not going to be arrested?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

People in New York made it a tourist attraction to go by his properties and flip em off now.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    People in New York made it a tourist attraction to go by his properties and flip em off now.
    New York should pass a law where public urination doesn't count as a crime if you're pissing on a Trump property.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I just wonder would they be putting up gates and going through the security motions if he was not going to be arrested?
    They are not obligated to tell the exact time and date to the public. Today came from trump. But the major media was also sourcing confirmation from police, preparing, and the city etc. So there are preparations according to other people outside what trump says

It's just the exact date is not clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    Hm. Well, I suppose it's still possible Reed is telling the truth, and all these parents and patients are ... confused, maybe? Or maybe they're too "woke" to be trusted to give a reliable account of their own experience.

I don't know, either way, I'm pretty sure the reasonable approach is to wait a few more months, before you can have any real, fair opinion about this story. Gotta resist that woke bias!
    Many of the patients and their parents are giving a subjective account based on unknowns. Some are worried about people who have access to confidential data, even if to their knowledge, no one's done anything with it.

The most specific claim is someone who thinks that confidential information was leaked to a Twitter troll asking about her son getting sterilized and having lifelong medical complications, although this parent is active on Twitter, and thanking legislators for trans-friendly policies on behalf of their child before the whistleblower said anything, so it's something an online douchebag could've guessed through others means.

https://twitter.com/BHormuth/status/1618329604124741635

In the article, the critics are unclear about whether Reed is lying or telling the truth about something that should be confidential. There are people who weaponize this ambiguity when making claims about things that are difficult to verify either way, but that's a more sublte argument.

As I mentioned before, it's possible for evidence to come to light to reveal that Jamie Reed is a liar or completely unreliable. However, if she were acting in bad faith (or perhaps even mistaken) it could be difficult to conclusively prove her wrong, so that's not something I insist that her critics do.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think Trump forgot that he is DESPISED in NYC. There's a lot of people there who remember his shady deals. It's why he spends a lot of time at Mar a Lago.
    More like ALL of the time. I don’t think Trump has been in New York since he lost the election.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    It's a city of eight and a half million people.

He should have some fans.

He got about a fifth of the vote in New York City, which still comes out to well more than a half million votes.

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...-deep-blue-nyc

Granted, there are more social penalties in New York for going to a pro-Trump protest than there would be in rural Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    They are not obligated to tell the exact time and date to the public. Today came from trump. But the major media was also sourcing confirmation from police, preparing, and the city etc. So there are preparations according to other people outside what trump says

It's just the exact date is not clear.
    There may very well be several steps.

If the grand jury decides to indict, prosecutors and Trump's lawyers will likely work out the details of an arraignment.

The grand jury vote is supposed to be sealed until the public announcement of charges against him, although I suspect things will leak with something this big. It's also possible that Trump will have an unconventional response to the charges, scuttling the way it usually goes.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/21/n...nt-arrest.html
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

NYC is more than Manhattan, Trump is revered in Staten Island and parts of Brooklyn and Queens. He is also popular in much of Long Island. George Santos won with the Trump vote.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!