Page 410 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 3103604004064074084094104114124134144204605109101410 ... LastLast
Results 6,136 to 6,150 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While folks have been pretty quick to point to what George Conway has to say if it is knocking Trump or potentially creating drama with his wife, this one seemed like it went right on by with very little fanfare -

https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/statu...12901538840576
    I don't think it's wrong for the Conways to think their minor child should not be part of the story, and that they're not consent to having her talk to the press.

Kelianne and George Conway are adults who have chosen their professions, and how they choose to use their platforms. Their daughter didn't choose to have notable/ notorious parents, and the interest in what she has to say isn't because of what she's done, but about who her parents are. There is also a general rule that kids are off limits.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Russia trying to steal COVID-19 vaccine data, say UK, U.S. and Canada

LONDON/OTTAWA (Reuters) - Hackers backed by the Russian state are trying to steal COVID-19 vaccine and treatment research from academic and pharmaceutical institutions around the world, Britain’s National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) said on Thursday.
    A co-ordinated statement from Britain, the United States and Canada attributed the attacks to group APT29, also known as ‘Cozy Bear’, which they said was almost certainly operating as part of Russian intelligence services.

“We condemn these despicable attacks against those doing vital work to combat the coronavirus pandemic,” said NCSC Director of Operations, Paul Chichester.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Just heard about this story. Nobody hold your breath waiting for Trump to slam the Ivans for their actions, because that's not happening.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

‘Is Pence running for election or Trump?’: Pro-Trump ad only shows president for two seconds

A group co-founded by Donald Trump’s campaign manager for the 2020 presidential election has released a new election ad that only features the president for a couple of seconds.

The new ad titled, America Back To Work, was published by non-profit organisation, America First Policies, on Wednesday and features vice president Mike Pence discussing the Trump administration’s job policies.

A speech Mr Pence gave at an event for the organisation’s Great American Comeback Tour is played over images of him meeting workers and detailing policies put in place by the administration.

Ultimate Member

Just wondering, does anyone know what the percentage in the US is, of African Americans vs. White Americans?

I'm just wondering, because mathematically speaking, Trump's stupid 'Whites experience more police brutality' should be correct. Should be, but not, I emphasize.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Just wondering, does anyone know what the percentage in the US is, of African Americans vs. White Americans?

I'm just wondering, because mathematically speaking, Trump's stupid 'Whites experience more police brutality' should be correct. Should be, but not, I emphasize.
    Non Hispanic whites are a little over 60%, over 70% if you count Hispanic whites. Blacks are 12-13% of the total population of the US.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

It's like this. There are 100 people is a large room, 80 of them are white and 20 of them are Black/African American. Police officers enter the room to arrest people. 50% are arrested, of those 35% are Black, and of those 35%, 65% are subjected to police violence. Of the remaining 15% who are White, only 3% might be subjected to Police Violence.

Those aren't exact statistics, just a rough idea that even though some white people also are subjected to police violence, adjusted for population, Blacks are more likely to be arrested for the same crimes as Whites and are more likely to be victims of police violence than Whites.

Trump twists stats on police brutality: 'more white people' are killed

Asked About Black Americans Killed by Police, Trump Says, ‘So Are White People’

What the data say about police brutality and racial bias — and which reforms might work
    Last edited by Tami; 07-16-2020 at 09:09 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Non Hispanic whites are a little over 60%, over 70% if you count Hispanic whites. Blacks are 12-13% of the total population of the US.
    So despite outnumbering African Americans 5 to 1, African Americans are 2.8 times more likely to be killed.

Yeesh

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It's like this. There are 100 people is a large room, 80 of them are white and 20 of them are Black/African American. Police officers enter the room to arrest people. 50% are arrested, of those 35% are Black, and of those 35%, 65% are subjected to police violence. Of the remaining 15% who are White, only 3% might be subjected to Police Violence.

Those aren't exact statistics, just a rough idea that even though some white people also are subjected to police violence, adjusted for population, Blacks are more likely to be arrested for the same crimes as Whites and are more likely to be victims of police violence than Whites.

Trump twists stats on police brutality: 'more white people' are killed

Asked About Black Americans Killed by Police, Trump Says, ‘So Are White People’

What the data say about police brutality and racial bias — and which reforms might work
    Trumps tweets also ignore the fact that black people are far more likely to be over policed, in their own communities, and subject to far more scrutiny when venturing into white dominated communities, or basically anywhere white people have decided they don't belong.

Accurate data would examine police interaction, level of police engagement, statics on stops and the result of said stop, etc, etc.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 07-16-2020 at 09:22 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Georgia governor overrides all local mask orders in the state

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp (R) is prohibiting local municipalities across the state from mandating that masks be worn in public to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus.

Kemp’s executive order issued Wednesday prevents local governments from enforcing mandatory face-covering orders that are more restrictive than the current statewide order. The move effectively voided orders issued by at least 15 local governments across the state, according to The Associated Press.

Rather than imposing a mandatory requirement, Kemp’s order states that residents and visitors in the state are “strongly encouraged to wear face coverings as practicable” when in public except when eating, drinking or exercising outdoors.

Quote Originally Posted by KOSLOX View Post
    Trumps tweets also ignore the fact that black people are far more likely to be over policed, in their own communities, and subject to far more scrutiny when venturing into white dominated communities, or basically anywhere white people have decided they don't belong.

Accurate data would examine police interaction, level of police engagement, statics on stops and the result of said stop, etc, etc.
    Also any officers with marks against them in terms of complaints and disciplinary actions get sent to communities where the citizens are far less likely to file such future complaints to an already historically poor relationship. Predicated by the guys with the badges and guns denigrating while over policing. I.e. your 'bad apples', or if you live in such community, ya know, just plain 'apples'.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

BANNED

Why is this information being kept private in the first place?

Maybe it's a trial balloon to see how popular Pence is. If the ad gets traction, there could be a move in the White House to get Trump to resign and have Pence as the nom-- I'm sorry, I can't even finish that sentence without laughing.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Maybe it's a trial balloon to see how popular Pence is. If the ad gets traction, there could be a move in the White House to get Trump to resign and have Pence as the nom-- I'm sorry, I can't even finish that sentence without laughing.
    Or the campaign realizes that maybe Trump's visage at this point just disgusts the majority of the populace, and maybe "less is more".

I expect Donald to notice in the next few days, and we get an overcompensation ad that zooms in on his disgusting tangerine chin.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

A little throwback... this is Dr. Fauci, five years ago, during the brief Ebola Virus scare:

He's treating a patient himself, showing that quote, "I wouldn't ask anyone to do anything I wouldn't do" in combating the disease.

This guy, this amazing man showing how you lead, is who the White House are attacking this weak, after spending months undermining all his advice on how to stop Covid-19.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.