Page 416 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 3163664064124134144154164174184194204264665169161416 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,240 of 75153

So it's like Don Jr. or Eric. He created the situation that's let it thrive, it's terrible, and he'd rather not see it or talk about it.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Spectacular Member Kuro no Shinigami's Avatar

https://www.forbes.com/sites/suzanne.../#78ec11b81362

Most of the states at the risk of spreading COVID-19 are in the Deep South. Only Idaho, Nevada and Arizona outside the Deep South are marked in red as the riskiest states.

Twitter buzzing that Congressman John Lewis has died??? There was a false report a week ago, I'm waiting for confirmation or not.

A lot of Journalists are reporting it as breaking news.
    Last edited by Tami; 07-17-2020 at 09:03 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Twitter buzzing that John Lewis has died??? There was a false report a week ago, I'm waiting for confirmation or not.

If it's true, he was a great man.

And the best comic book writer to enter the field in his seventies.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Twitter buzzing that Congressman John Lewis has died??? There was a false report a week ago, I'm waiting for confirmation or not.

Pelosi confirms it.

https://twitter.com/SpeakerPelosi/st...36417330651137
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I just finished the Mary L. Trump book, so I’m not at all surprised at this. She described in great detail just what sort of monster the Donald is, so his having made like Pontius Pilate and washed his hands of the COVID crisis came as no shock to me. All the more reason he HAS to be voted out come November because, frankly speaking, NOBODY in this country will be safe if Trump wins a second term.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    A sad day for America.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    If it's true, he was a great man.

And the best comic book writer to enter the field in his seventies.
    I read MARCH. A great read, which should be required reading in high school American history classes.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Spectacular Member Kuro no Shinigami's Avatar

John Lewis will be missed by not just his constituents but also by other Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I just finished the Mary L. Trump book, so I’m not at all surprised at this. She described in great detail just what sort of monster the Donald is, so his having made like Pontius Pilate and washed his hands of the COVID crisis came as no shock to me. All the more reason he HAS to be voted out come November because, frankly speaking, NOBODY in this country will be safe if Trump wins a second term.

A sad day for America.
    This country has managed to survive 4 years of Trump. It will survive another 4 years if he wins a 2nd term. He may be an idiot but he knows how to sell his ideas and pander to his voters. As long as there are fools who buy his speeches including "build the wall", he may still have a chance of winning the election.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro no Shinigami View Post
    John Lewis will be missed by not just his constituents but also by other Americans.

This country has managed to survive 4 years of Trump. It will survive another 4 years if he wins a 2nd term. He may be an idiot but he knows how to sell his ideas and pander to his voters. As long as there are fools who buy his speeches including "build the wall", he may still have a chance of winning the election.
    'Survived'. Tell that to the hundred thousand dead by Trump's inaction, to say nothing of the millions more potentially permanently damaged by COVID.

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1284337917981274115

Deputy Secretary of DHS Ken Cuccinelli tells NPR not only are they not stopping the Portland tactics they're going to take them nationwide.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro no Shinigami View Post

This is as close to "smoldering crater" as one can realistically get in 4 years. Stop downplaying the threat your party's candidate poses to this country, and this planet.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    This is as close to "smoldering crater" as one can realistically get in 4 years. Stop downplaying the threat your party's candidate poses to this country, and this planet.
    Americans are being snatched off the street and detained by unaccountable secret police because 'vandalism', nearly every person in at least one ICE concentration camp has COVID-19, and we are approaching 200,000 dead while Trump's USPS apointee works to weaken vote by mail during a global pandemic, but yeah, we'll 'survive'.

OF course, shame about those who haven't already.

From the "Illinois..." corner of things -

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2020/07...against-comed/

Feds’ ComEd Bribery Case Implicates Mike Madigan; Speaker’s Office Subpoenaed; Governor Says Madigan ‘Must Resign’ If Allegations Are True
    Following months of speculation about a wide-ranging investigation, federal prosecutors have charged ComEd with a years-long bribery scheme involving the company’s arrangement for jobs, contracts, and payments to allies and associates of Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan.

ComEd will pay a $200 million fine as part of a deferred prosecution agreement to end the federal probe, admitting it sought to influence “Public Official A” — identified as the Speaker of the Illinois House of Representatives without using Madigan’s name — by arranging for his allies and people who performed political work for him to obtain jobs, contracts and payments from ComEd between 2011 and 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Americans are being snatched off the street and detained by unaccountable secret police because 'vandalism', nearly every person in at least one ICE concentration camp has COVID-19, and we are approaching 200,000 dead while Trump's USPS apointee works to weaken vote by mail during a global pandemic, but yeah, we'll 'survive'.

OF course, shame about those who haven't already.
    Yeah I’ve been trying to keep a level head about the regular insanity but the past few days have me seriously panicked.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah I’ve been trying to keep a level head about the regular insanity but the past few days have me seriously panicked.
    To paraphrase Scotty from Star Trek IV, hold on tight, it gets bumpy from here. With his back against the wall, Trump, desperate to be re-elected in order to avoid prison after he leaves office will do ANYTHING to stay in office. The problem, of course, is the cowardly compliant Republican Party who’ll continue looking the other way while Trump continues shitting on the Constitution while dragging the country down into full blown fascism. Worrisome? You bet, but, at least you know what’s coming down the road, still, don’t let it plague your mind, I feel the end of this nightmare is right around the corner.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!