Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    By the by, a disturbing poll about the mindset of GOP Primary voters:

So 57% want someone who just pisses off the left... 61% prefer a candidate who delusionally denies reality regarding the 2020 election, and even though about 3/4 of the country want reasonable gun control, 2/3 of GOP primary voters oppose a candidate who supports it. I mean, 85% being into opposing "woke" things without being able to consistently explain what "woke" even means... let's just say it seems like a collection of useful, uninformed idiots trained to spasm at buzzwords by right-wing media and who only support candidates to spite "the other" without any pause to consider if they're also harming themselves with that support.
    Gonna interpret this as a massive case of Angry and Miserable Republican voters not giving a damn about anything other than making everyone else angry and miserable. They see life as hopeless and feel that anyone who has hope needs to be messed with (using polite terminology).

It's like a pandemic of Clinical Depression combined with Anti-Social behavior.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

One of the more disturbing truths about Clarence Thomas is the fact he replaced Thurgood Marshall.

Shame on you, George HW Bush.

US payroll gains unexpectedly accelerated last month, with the 253,000 increase beating all but three of the 77 forecasts in Bloomberg’s survey. The gain was led by health and education jobs, with a 77,000 bump, and by a 31,000 climb in leisure and hospitality jobs. Manufacturing payrolls also unexpectedly rose.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/live-...?sref=vuYGislZ

Biden continues to be THE jobs president.

Edit: Dow Jones up sharply, even though a strong job market might mean more rate hikes by the Fed.
    Last edited by SquirrelMan; 05-05-2023 at 09:20 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Gonna interpret this as a massive case of Angry and Miserable Republican voters not giving a damn about anything other than making everyone else angry and miserable. They see life as hopeless and feel that anyone who has hope needs to be messed with (using polite terminology).

It's like a pandemic of Clinical Depression combined with Anti-Social behavior.
    Couldn’t agree with that more. I’m not sure if that fatalistic mindset began with Trump, but Republican voters have taken it to the nth degree.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Meanwhile, in Serbia: “Serbia to be ‘disarmed’ after second mass shooting in days, president says”

Aleksandar Vučić pledged to seize registered and illegal arms after 17 people were shot dead in just 48 hours.

Serbia will be “disarmed”, its president, Aleksandar Vučić, has pledged in an address to the nation, after eight people were killed and 14 wounded in a second mass shooting in the Balkans country in as many days.

Thursday night’s drive-by assault by a 21-year-old with an automatic weapon had followed the death of nine people at the hands of a 13-year-old who opened fire in a school in downtown Belgrade on Wednesday.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ker-on-the-run
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

My card did not have Serbia as being more forward thinking than America. Right now I have everyone else, then America, Syria and Sudan.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    One of the more disturbing truths about Clarence Thomas is the fact he replaced Thurgood Marshall.

Shame on you, George HW Bush.
    Shame on all the senators that voted him in, despite Anita Hill telling them he was unfit.

Same goes for Kavanaugh.

Same all the people who voted for Trump.

People should listen to women revealing these abusers, instead of voting them into power.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Talk about a biting, but true, response.

Fox Sends Cease-And-Desist Letter To Media Matters Over Leaked Tucker Carlson Videos; Media Watchdog Responds

Media Matters President Angelo Carusone released the following statement to Deadline to “clarify any misunderstanding” after the organization received the letter.

“Reporting on newsworthy leaked material is a cornerstone of journalism. For Fox to argue otherwise is absurd and further dispels any pretense that they’re a news operation. Perhaps if I tell them that the footage came from a combination of WikiLeaks and Hunter Biden’s laptop, it will alleviate their concerns.”

Media Matters recently has published several videos of Carlson making offensive and crude remarks about women and complaining about the network. In one video, Carlson describes an unnamed woman as “yummy” and refers to his fans as “post-menopausal”.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Ultimate Member

LOL..damn, the burn.

Astonishing Member

Read they also sent a letter to Dominion to investigate and prove they were not the ones to leak these texts from discovery materials.

I especially like the line about Wikileaks and Hunter Biden's laptop. It must be hot at the FOX News office because they just got burned!
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    I'm pretty sure if this was one of the liberal justices, we'd by now have wall to wall coverage on Fox News and Musk's twitter about why the boy's actual parents were unfit to raise him, including (something like) pictures of the mother smoking crack and the father selling a laptop to Ukrainian bootleggers.
    And the laptop in the picture would have the name 'H. Biden' badly photoshopped onto it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Are we really all that surprised that Matt Regier is nothing more than a bully mama's boy? I mean, isn't that pretty much the way to identify pretty much every one of these gaping assholes.
    Not in the slightest. The only thing that would surprise me about a Republican these days would be if they were to behave with any kind of basic human decency.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Not in the slightest. The only thing that would surprise me about a Republican these days would be if they were to behave with any kind of basic human decency.
    You say this as a story is up about how a live audience began cheering on Hannity's show on Fox News when he began discussing Jordan Neely's death being a homicide.

Weird that folks on the right cheer at the news of a black man's murder on live TV, isn't it?

Or not surprising at all, given we've been saying for years that it's become a white nationalist party.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    You say this as a story is up about how a live audience began cheering on Hannity's show on Fox News when he began discussing Jordan Neely's death being a homicide.

Weird that folks on the right cheer at the news of a black man's murder on live TV, isn't it?

Or not surprising at all, given we've been saying for years that it's become a white nationalist party.
    I totally agree with you about how repugnant the mainstream Republican Party has become. Sounded to me like only a single member of the audience cheered, though. Unfortunately, this story seems to have become yet another political us vs them scenario, which will undoubtedly, with help from organizations like FOX, divide us into our own opposing camps - those who would like to see justice served by at the very least having a criminal investigation and trial for the crime of involuntary manslaughter; and those who just see a criminal nuisance that met a fitting and deserved ending.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.