Page 427 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 3273774174234244254264274284294304314374775279271427 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,405 of 75153

Twitter is already talking about the alleged gunman having ties to Russia and a very strange background. Way too soon to be certain. Posting what I have seen so far. It it turns out to be incorrect, I'll post that.

The alleged gunman who opened fire at the NJ home of US District Court Judge Esther Salas and was later found dead in a car in Sullivan County, NY was Roy Den Hollander, a Manhattan lawyer and self-described antifeminist, sources told @ABC
    Twitter Link

NYC Attorney Out To Reclaim His Ex Wife From Feminism's Clutches, Get Laid Easier

About eight years ago, Roy Den Hollander was living the high life. He'd just returned to New York from a decade working in Russia with a pretty, young, docile Russian bride in tow and was set to live the high life. Then he found out what all his friends and acquaintances in Russia knew but hadn't told him (and I know, because I called some of them and asked): that she'd married him for her green card and his money and set on about divorcing him.
    ‘Anti-Feminist’ Is Identified as Suspect in Killing of Son of Federal Judge in N.J.

Federal authorities are investigating whether a lawyer was the gunman who shot into the New Jersey home of a federal judge, killing her son and wounding her husband, according to a law enforcement official briefed on the matter.

New York State Police found the lawyer’s body near Liberty, N.Y., on Monday morning, hours after the shooting occurred late Sunday afternoon at the home of the judge, Esther Salas of Federal District Court in New Jersey. The authorities believe that the lawyer died after shooting himself, the official said.

The lawyer was identified as Roy Den Hollander, who in 2015 brought a lawsuit before Judge Salas that challenged the male-only military draft, according to two law enforcement officials.

The class-action lawsuit accused the Selective Service System, the independent government agency that maintains a database of Americans eligible for a potential draft, of violating women’s equal protection rights by requiring only men to register with the service. Judge Salas ruled that the lawsuit could proceed, and the case is ongoing.
    Mr. Den Hollander was a self-described anti-feminist who had sued nightclubs for offering ladies’ night discounts and Columbia University for offering courses on women’s studies.

As part of the investigation into the lawyer’s death, the police found a package that was addressed to Judge Salas, according to another law enforcement official briefed on the matter.

“There’s a pretty good level of confidence he’s the guy,” the official said.
    Last edited by Tami; 07-20-2020 at 12:51 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Or to their grandparents, or neighbors, or kids with weakened immune systems, or the elderly shop owner around the corner, the list goes on and on....
    And the GOP damn well know that. That's why they are trying to include "liability protections to COVID lawsuits in the next stimulus package."
    Another top priority for Senate Republicans will be liability protections for businesses and other entities. McConnell has circulated a summary of the proposal, which would offer protections to schools and companies from lawsuits over coronavirus exposure. Democrats so far have shown little openness to the idea, though they haven’t drawn their own red lines opposing it.
    Even thought we are told to believe that kids can like barely get the disease right? Remember the "science is behind us" comment from the Press Secretary regarding schools opening en mass?? But, yeah just in case lets throw in some legal cover for all the school districts and states that go along with Trump ignoring covid.

On a completely separate note
    Fox News Hit With Lawsuit Alleging Sexual Misconduct by Top Talent

Jennifer Eckhart and Cathy Areu are claiming a hostile workplace.
    Fox News has been hit with a kitchen sink suit, replete with trigger warning, as a complaint was filed on Monday in New York federal court alleging sexual misconduct by some of its top hosts including Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson.

Jennifer Eckhart, a former associate producer on Fox Business Network, is a co-plaintiff in the suit. The most serious claim pertains to Eckhart's allegation that she was raped by former White House chief correspondent Ed Henry, who earlier this month was fired by Fox News as a result of the charge.

"On July 1, 2020, Fox News disclosed to the public that it had terminated Mr. Henry based on the findings of an internal investigation, and purported to take credit for acting appropriately," states the complaint. "However, nothing could be further from the truth. In reality, Fox News knew that Mr. Henry had engaged in sexual misconduct as far back as early 2017. At that time, when Fox News was conducting a company-wide investigation into issues of sexual harassment, multiple women came forward to complain that Mr. Henry had engaged in sexually inappropriate conduct towards them."

Fox News now faces a sex trafficking claim as a result of Eckhart's rape allegation.
    Dang Fox News. And this is the network that's the springboard to trump administration positions and Don Juniors bed *gag*
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 07-20-2020 at 01:34 PM.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Georgia State senator Nikema Williams was picked to replace the late John Lewis on the November ballot.
    Barrington Martin II, the guy who ran against Lewis in the primary, is pretty steamed about it. He was campaigning to take his seat as a replacement or be considered for it, saying since he was the only who had the guts to challenge him, he should be heard.

There is certainly something to be said about him being in the top five candidates to be considered for the seat... but he also really doesn't have much experience either, so I could understand why he wasn't considered.

Ultimate Member

We are starting school in Dallas on Sept 8th and ending in June 18, 2021.

No Fair Day but we get Election Day off.

For now.

I would not reward the guy trying to unseat a icon like Lewis.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I would not reward the guy trying to unseat a icon like Lewis.
    The guy trying to unseat Lewis is spirited and driven, I'll give him that. However, he can be a little off and bit much.

Barrington Martin II 01.jpg

Barrington Martin II 04.jpg

Barrington Martin II 05.jpg

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post

Dang Fox News. And this is the network that's the springboard to trump administration positions and Don Juniors bed *gag*
    A hostile work environment for women at Faux News? Say it ain’t so! I’m shocked, shocked I tell you!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

As many red flags as have gone up over the years, FNC is at the point where it deserves whatever it winds up getting.

And the GOP damn well know that. That's why they are trying to include "liability protections to COVID lawsuits in the next stimulus package."

Even thought we are told to believe that kids can like barely get the disease right? Remember the "science is behind us" comment from the Press Secretary regarding schools opening en mass?? But, yeah just in case lets throw in some legal cover for all the school districts and states that go along with Trump ignoring covid.

Is Tucker back from his "fishing trip" yet?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    Err....You assume my friend in Korea is Asian? He is not, but yes I have Asian friends, and yes they do think whiteness theory is kind of kookie, just like they think the alt right stuff is kookie, if you must ask. It is definitely far from the center.

If you want to debate about the poster being racist or not with Mister Mets by all means please do so, I did find the poster a bit extreme, but I am have asked you politely now to please not quote me, or engage me in dialogue, you know i find it pointless, and in my opinion, I am only helping you in digging your heals in deeper.

https://www.newsweek.com/smithsonian...values-1518333

PwrdOn, I think you need to move to cosmopolitan Canadian city. I don't know why you harbour such resentment, other than maybe you've been a victim of repeated racism in a predominantly white neighbourhood? If you come up here I shall buy you a cup of tea and we converse, cheerio.
    I was kind of giving you the benefit of the doubt by assuming that your friend was actually Korean, if he's just a random white guy who happens to be working there then it's unlikely that he would really understand the culture all that well, and therefore even less likely that you would. And if I had been the victim of repeated racism in a white neighborhood, it's unlikely that our issues could be settled by simply sitting down for a cup of tea, but I suppose I shouldn't expect you to understand why simply existing around each other won't magically solve racial tensions.

But while you have the good fortune of living in a cosmopolitan Canadian city, perhaps you should try to connect with some people of color outside the usual whitewashed yuppie set, and try to get their real perspectives on difficult issues rather than just the facade they put up in order to fit in and not cause too much trouble. I think you'll find a much more interesting and diverse set of opinions than the usual milquetoast centrist tripe that gets regurgitated so thoughtlessly around these parts.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    I was kind of giving you the benefit of the doubt by assuming that your friend was actually Korean, if he's just a random white guy who happens to be working there then it's unlikely that he would really understand the culture all that well, and therefore even less likely that you would. And if I had been the victim of repeated racism in a white neighborhood, it's unlikely that our issues could be settled by simply sitting down for a cup of tea, but I suppose I shouldn't expect you to understand why simply existing around each other won't magically solve racial tensions.

But while you have the good fortune of living in a cosmopolitan Canadian city, perhaps you should try to connect with some people of color outside the usual whitewashed yuppie set, and try to get their real perspectives on difficult issues rather than just the facade they put up in order to fit in and not cause too much trouble. I think you'll find a much more interesting and diverse set of opinions than the usual milquetoast centrist tripe that gets regurgitated so thoughtlessly around these parts.
    You make a lot of assumptions. My friend is married to a Korean woman, he understands the culture quite well and it doesn't take rocket science to figure out they work longer hours, and are advancing fast in scientific technology, which as Mister Mets pointed out the Whitness chart attributed the scientific method to be a Caucasian value, as if "whites" were just one lump group.

I grew up poor and working class, a lot of my friends at school were of Punjabi decent, so no they weren't a "Whitewashed yuppie set" growing up, a term I say I mush find completely repugnant, which is in part why I know longer wish to converse with you. Good day.

BANNED

You make a lot of assumptions. My friend is married to a Korean woman, he understands the culture quite well and it doesn't take rocket science to figure out they work longer hours, and are advancing fast in scientific technology, which as Mister Mets pointed out the Whitness chart attributed the scientific method to be a Caucasian value, as if "whites" were just one lump group.

I grew up poor and working class, a lot of my friends at school were of Punjabi decent, so no they weren't a "Whitewashed yuppie set" growing up, a term I say I mush find completely repugnant, which is in part why I know longer wish to converse with you. Good day.
    So I guess we won't be having that cup of tea after all?

In all seriousness though, it's pretty clear that your second or third hand experience with Asian culture doesn't offer any insights beyond well-worn stereotypes, and your attempt to make yourself out to be the victim here is actually hitting most of the main points brought up by whiteness theory which ironically proves that it does have quite a bit of value.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    So I guess we won't be having that cup of tea after all?

In all seriousness though, it's pretty clear that your second or third hand experience with Asian culture doesn't offer any insights beyond well-worn stereotypes, and your attempt to make yourself out to be the victim here is actually hitting most of the main points brought up by whiteness theory which ironically proves that it does have quite a bit of value.
    Well no, because I think your a political extremist, who doesn't seem to grasp that people can live together in multicultural harmony without prescribing to hateful ideologies like whiteness theory and white nationalism, unfortunately you do not.

I've never claimed to be a victim of anything, and if I have friends who are Asian who inform me that people work longer hours in Korea and China, and they happen to be technologically astute, I wouldn't count that as second hand well worn stereotypes, which again is just repulsive that you make that assumption.

I have asked you politely time and time again to please not to converse with me, find someone else to stalk, or I will be going to the moderators. Thank you.

BANNED

Well no, because I think your a political extremist, who doesn't seem to grasp that people can live together in multicultural harmony without prescribing to hateful ideologies like whiteness theory and white nationalism, unfortunately you do not.

I've never claimed to be a victim of anything, and if I have friends who are Asian who inform me that people work longer hours in Korea and China, and they happen to be technologically astute, I wouldn't count that as second hand well worn stereotypes, which again is just repulsive that you make that assumption.

I have asked you politely time and time again to please not to converse with me, find someone else to stalk, or I will be going to the moderators. Thank you.
    We're posting on a public forum, you're making uninformed statements and I feel like I have the responsibility to correct them so that your views don't influence the rest of the people here. Block me if you want, I have no intention of PMing you, but keep on commenting on issues that you know nothing about and I'll keep on responding to them.

And seriously, how do you expect people to live in multicultural harmony when someone like you who considers himself a liberal can't even withstand the slightest bit of criticism without throwing a hissy fit and threatening to call the mods? Just about every minority communities has plenty of legitimate gripes about how they've been treated by white people, and would express it in much harsher terms than anything I've said, are you just going to lump all those people in with white supremacists and pretend that all the "good" minorities are perfectly happy with how things are?
    Last edited by PwrdOn; 07-20-2020 at 10:06 PM.